Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Mike Lombardi: Redskins will need a new QB in 2010

MattFancy

I dunno, maybe the coaching staff knows better than we do?

And don't give me the "our FO doesn't know jack, Zorn is a puppet" BS because 31 other teams had five and a half rounds to draft Colt and didnt.

First you say the coaching knows better then all of us but then why did they draft Colt at all since 31 other teams passed him? Does that mean the FO doesn't know jack after all and they wasted a pick on someone who has really bad mechanics and an accurate side arm delivery?

And remember there were 31 other teams who also passed over Horton as well. ;)

There's no doubt that JC will have to step up, but I honestly believe by November the Redskins will reach something long term with him. I have a good feeling about JC this next season. If Thomas and Kelly make the NFL adjustment (which I believe they will prove some wrong this year epecially Kelly) then I think JC could be due for a big year.

trading two 1st rounders for a player with the franchise tag, Cassel isn't worth that.

Cassel isn't worth 1 1st rounder. Either the Pats are really really lucky or every team in the league needs to start copying what they are doing.

It must be nice to never have to draft any skill position players high in the draft while still not over doing it in Free Agency.

There's no doubt in my mind that you are wrong.

Get use to Colt as your QB because he will start and be successful in 2010.

Well I guess you aren't a PROSCOUT on the Washington Redskins and if so GOOD ****ING JOB TALKING GIBBS AND SNYDERATTO INTO DRAFTING CAMPBELL IN THE FIRST ROUND 4 YEARS AGO!!! :2cents:

Unfortunately, Gibbs made these mistakes. Should have traded way up to get Rothlisberger. Campbell was a lukewarm choice from the beginning.

Campbell and Roethlisberger were different drafts.

We could have had Big Ben the year that we took Sean Taylor.

Campbell's draft included Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, Charlie Frye, Kyle Orton, Dan Orlovesky, Derek Anderson, Matt Cassell, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I would say the Panthers would be more interested in Cassel than the Skins are.

And since the Pats franchised him this year, and if he goes back to riding the bench behind Brady, wouldn't his pricetag go down in 2010?

Panthers have Jake signed for one more year. His game vs the Cards was an abberation. That was the only terrible playoff game he's ever had. If Jake has a good year they might even bring him back. Not likely, but its possible.

I don't see them going after Cassel. Their problem last year was on the defensive side. And they might be losing Peppers.

When Campbell breaks out this season, he will sign long term with us. He's not going anywhere, and he will not have a poor season.

If he does, will you be on here in a year blaming everyone else on the roster again?

Man, I wouldn't bet a nickel that he'll resign here.

wow what? wow that i wanna see another quarterback behind center that might not be mediocre?

Well, it sounds like you're hoping we're a losing team. I would have no problem with JC having an explosive year next year and helping us to get off to an 8-0 start. Thats what I'm rooting for, and given what we did in 2008, I would say its not too unrealistic of a hope (we were 6-2).

Campbell was a significant risk when he was drafted. This was insult to injury after Brunell. Unfortunately, Gibbs made these mistakes. Should have traded way up to get Rothlisberger. Campbell was a lukewarm choice from the beginning. How many people on this board were jumping for absolute joy when that trade went down? Zilch. And we were right.

And on top of that we, once again, overpaid/over-reached to get him. We acted like he was more coveted than he was. I would LOVE for JC to prove me wrong next season and make that jump we've all been waiting for but at this point I don't see it happening. I'm all for Sam Bradford in the B&G in 2010.

Archived