Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Mike Lombardi: Redskins will need a new QB in 2010

MattFancy

dcmoney, you can blame everyone else if youd like, which is what youre clearly doing. you can pin the bengals game on him, how can you not throw for over 200 yards on the bengals? i know cooley had a fumble early on, and sellers had that botched goalline play, but thats two turnovers. if a QB cant put more than 10 points on the board against one of the worst teams in the NFL, thats sad. he also didnt get sacked once in that game, so there goes your protection theory.

what about the dallas game? portis was averaging 4.5 a carry on the ground, but you cant run all game. so campbell responded, with a whopping 162 in the air, a td and a pick. 4 drives in the 2nd half, one ended with a campbell pick, one with a missed FG, a 3 and out, and then campbell couldnt pick up a 3rd and 4 and a 4th and 4 in the 4th quarter. thats on him.

the ravens game? portis barely played so you cant pin that on him. campbell threw 2 picks, and was only sacked twice. and he cant pickup a blitz so of course he was gonna play poorly. one TD in the 4th quarter. our defense was so tired from our offense being total garbage that they couldnt stop the run in the 4th.

campbell definitely did his share to lose a lot of games. its never one guys fault, except in rare cases (santana in the packers game last year, betts in the rams game in 06). those are games you can look at one guy and be like "dear god he butchered that game for us". even kendall in the rams game this year. either way, campbell is just mediocre, hes never gonna completely tank in a game and screw us because he plays scared and wont take shots. hes a gibbs 2004 QB, mark brunell junior. sad but true.

BLC...

You know what kills about your posts? You have no problem blaming JC for any shortcomings... but give no credit where its due.

In every single one of the scoring examples you stated, JC was the pilot to get the team there... but Cooley fumbles, Sellers turns int over, Suisham shanks one, defense too tired, blah blah blah... but somehow, its still JC that cant overcome other players mistakes.

Do you realize how assanine that sounds? n all your examples, JC did IN FACT do his job, but the team could not close the deal. Its ****ing pathetic to hear the same drivel post after post.

JC DID NOT turn the ball over in critical situations.

JC DID NOT let the team down in critical situations.

JC did get us in scoring distance.. yet OTHER players botch the chance, and you sit here saying JC is the reason we did not get there.

Just stupid... so ****ing stupid. Do you even see what you are writing? Pathetic...

BLC...

You know what kills about your posts? You have no problem blaming JC for any shortcomings... but give no credit where its due.

In every single one of the scoring examples you stated, JC was the pilot to get the team there... but Cooley fumbles, Sellers turns int over, Suisham shanks one, defense too tired, blah blah blah... but somehow, its still JC that cant overcome other players mistakes.

Do you realize how assanine that sounds? n all your examples, JC did IN FACT do his job, but the team could not close the deal. Its ****ing pathetic to hear the same drivel post after post.

JC DID NOT turn the ball over in critical situations.

JC DID NOT let the team down in critical situations.

JC did get us in scoring distance.. yet OTHER players botch the chance, and you sit here saying JC is the reason we did not get there.

Just stupid... so ****ing stupid. Do you even see what you are writing? Pathetic...

this is the problem though. jc never makes enormous mistakes, he doesnt throw game ending picks, he doesnt turn the ball over when it matters, but he never does anything to help us win. he plays not to lose, and thats garbage. if i threw the ball 2 feet everydown, i wouldnt turn it over either. he never comes up with big plays. his biggest play ever was the bomb to moss in the saints game and that happened once. if i saw stuff like that week in and week out, id be impressed. but im not.

and give me a break about the other plays. cooley fumbled on the 3rd play of the game, hardly a big deal. the sellers thing was maybe his only mistake of the season on a total BS call, and we had plenty of time after that to make up for it. campbell lead 3 failure drives after that against a terrible defense, while getting no pressure. again, this was the game that told me who candle really is. a good quarterback is a leader, who can overcome a deficit when the team needs him. do you honestly have faith that jason campbell is the guy you want when your team is down by a TD and you really need one? get real.

and those are two of our probowlers who actually play well by the way, theres a reason JC didnt go to hawaii with them.

and youre claiming im only faulting campbell, exactly what games did candle win for us? the saints game is the only one i can figure, all the others were portis running all over everybody just like he always does.

so please point me to what games i need to give credit for campbell winning for us. im all ears.

and youre claiming im only faulting campbell, exactly what games did candle win for us? the saints game is the only one i can figure, all the others were portis running all over everybody just like he always does.

so please point me to what games i need to give credit for campbell winning for us. im all ears.

Add the Arizona game to the N. O. game.

Portis only ran for 68 yds on 21 carries. Not a good average at all and certainly not good enough to say he won the Arizona game for us.

First drive when Portis scored from 2 yds out, Jason threw two 10 yds passes and a 16 yd pass to get the team in scoring position.

After that Jason threw for 2 more touchdowns. Actually 3 but one was called back thanks to Heyer. He lead the team to scoring position again but Suisham missed the FG.

JC was 22/30 73% and QBR of 112.2 against a team that ended up playing in the Super Bowl.

Add the Arizona game to the N. O. game.

Portis only ran for 68 yds on 21 carries. Not a good average at all and certainly not good enough to say he won the Arizona game for us.

First drive when Portis scored from 2 yds out, Jason threw two 10 yds passes and a 16 yd pass to get the team in scoring position.

After that Jason threw for 2 more touchdowns. Actually 3 but one was called back thanks to Heyer. He lead the team to scoring position again but Suisham missed the FG.

JC was 22/30 73% and QBR of 112.2 against a team that ended up playing in the Super Bowl.

Come on man...Arizona got hot in the playoffs, but they were a bad defense on an average team all year. They gave up the 6th highest amount of points in the league (426 - an average of 26.6/game) which included giving up 34 to the JETS in ONE HALF the following week, 37 to the Giants, 48 to the Eagles, etc.

Sure, JC had a decent game there, but that game is no more impressive because the Cardinals played good in January. It reminds me of the Lions game in '07. JC had a great game and we all thought it was the starting point of a great career. Well, we're still waiting...

Archived