Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if: Gibbs annointed Warner and not Brunell

Retire 21

Yes Kurt's career has been up and down but he never had a shot arm like Brunell. If he got plugged in here in 04 and was here in 05, could we have run the table? I think so. The thing that sticks out to me most about 05 is how awful Brunell was in the home stretch when the rest of the team was peaking.

It was nothing short of painful watching Brunell in 06; I don't give a **** how many consecutive passes he completed vs the Texans.

And like, if only we had drafted Wolverine to play any LB position and give us a terrific blitz option, and picked up Juggernaut at FB instead of Sellers and wastes like Nemo. And we should have offered the oldster Reed Richards vet min plus incentives. He could be that tall target--the guy who could stretch for the catch. He'd be great in the Red Zone where he wouldn't have to run far.

No, no, no. We should have signed Superman, for the league minimum. Cause like he said...

"I could score a touchdown, every time!"

Then, we could use all the money saved on a million seat stadium in DC. With a jumbo screen visible for ten miles!

And free beer!

And, BTW,

The thing that sticks out to me most about 05 is how awful Brunell was in the home stretch when the rest of the team was peaking

never happened. Both years under Gibbs II, we entered the playoffs with injuries to the O-line, which were the biggest reason we didn't go further. A healthy O-line, with our defense, and we could have ran straight through. Damn near did it anyway.

Hard to say. I think the main thing that hurt us down the stretch in 2005 was the loss of David Patten. True the guy didn't put up any big numbers here but I think he did just enough to free up Moss to be dangerous.

As for 2006, I guess it would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Gibbs had stuck with what he was doing instead of bringing in Saunders. The game against Houston was OK and the game against the Jags was awesome from an offensive standpoint, but the rest while the #8 car was in there were crap. No offensive TDs in three divisional road games? Yikes!

And like, if only we had drafted Wolverine to play any LB position and give us a terrific blitz option, and picked up Juggernaut at FB instead of Sellers and wastes like Nemo. And we should have offered the oldster Reed Richards vet min plus incentives. He could be that tall target--the guy who could stretch for the catch. He'd be great in the Red Zone where he wouldn't have to run far.

That was a great post, had me laughing and I'm sick as a dog with my lympnodes the size of grapefruits today, damn you :D

I don't like these "what if's" but I'll address it anyways. Kurt Warner is playing well but remember his job has been in jeopardy for a few years and that his success is due in large part to the amazing receivers he is throwing to. Yes, he has been playing well, but he has some incredible targets that he is throwing the ball to. I really doubt that he would have much more success or lack there of than Brunell if he was starting here with Gibbs.

I also think that 2005 happened as well due to Gibbs making some adjustments during the bye week after that MNF Dallas game. The offense looked like crap during 2004 (yes, even with Ramsey in there) and for those first two games in 2005. I'm not sure if seeing Brunell's arm fire those two TDs to Moss gave Gibbs some confidence we could open it up or what, but I remember when we came back and played Seattle our attack was like night and day from what it had been.

Kurt Warner has admitted that he has benefitted off of having Boldin and Fitzgerlad. He won't want to go anywhere else if he comes back because he knows that his chance at the HOF could be further tarnished if he went to a team with lesser receivers. I think Warner would have done the same.

Heck, Warner IMO would have done less. Brunell did great at extending drives on his feet and moving around. Warner is not mobile enough.

QFT

:rotflmao:

Jumbo is so creative ;)

NOOOO!!!! Warner deserves to be on the Cardinals and Cardinals deserve Warner. I hope they get a ring if Skins do not make the playoffs. If it was not for Kurt and the Cards, Eagles would have had a chance at a ring against the Steelers so NOOOOO.

Archived