Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Teixeira to the mother****in Yankees. (merged)

Spaceman Spiff

So what happens when they don't win :)

The same thing that happens to the other 30+ baseball teams that don't win every year.

What happened to the BoSox this year... when they got beat out in the playoffs? Did the franchise fold? Is there no more baseball in Beantown?

Life goes on. So what.

If there were any guarantees in sports.... then we'd all be billionaires from gambling on sporting events.

All a sports franchise has on obligation to do.... if it doesn't win a championship... is gives it's fans hope that it will in the near future. That's all there is.

Anywho, can we start a petition to have a salary cap in the MLB, im sure theres one out there already but this is getting ridiculous. They have Arod, CC, Burnett, Tex, Jeter, Damon, and if they get Manny, I swear, I will not watch baseball since the MLB would become a complete joke. The Yankees are becoming a Monopoly, nobody wants to see that.

They needed starting pitching.... what EVERYONE has said all along... and they got it.

They also needed a big bat.... which everyone agreed last season..... and they got it.

But somehow, they've overpaid. Before we even see the results!

Right.

The Yankees were smart... as Buster Olney wrote.... unlike the old Yankees.... they didn't trade prospects for established players. Instead, they got all the free agents..... and kept all their prospects.

I suppose it's only smart when the BoSox do it.

Let's not get so caught up in the greatness that is the Yankees and forget the fact that they lost some draft picks when signing these free agents.

Hmmmm, spending a ****ton on free agent veterans, ignoring the draft and not winning any championships.

Did Snyder buy the Yankees and put Vinny in charge?

Let's not get so caught up in the greatness that is the Yankees and forget the fact that they lost some draft picks when signing these free agents.

Hmmmm, spending a ****ton on free agent veterans, ignoring the draft and not winning any championships.

Did Snyder buy the Yankees and put Vinny in charge?

And yet you're a Redskins fan..... but not a Yankees fan. Go figure :)

Oh no.... those dreaded draft picks from 1 draft. What will they do when they're missing the draft picks from 1 year's draft.... when they're building a nucleus for the next 8 years!

Only read the first page, so this may have been posted... but, just so you know - the Yankees have dumped more salary than they've picked up this year. :)

Granted, we dumped 6 players and picked up 3....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

And you still have to resign a few. Cabrera is not gonna play for $500K.

Oh no.... those dreaded draft picks from 1 draft. What will they do when they're missing the draft picks from 1 year's draft.... when they're building a nucleus for the next 8 years!

You can afford to dump your first and second picks for one year in baseball. Besides, the free agent market next year is terrible. If there was a year to spend the cash, its this one.

Besides, the Yankees will go over slot on some possible projected first rd picks and convince them to sign.

I don't have a problem with the Yankees trying to win, but let’s be reasonable here.

The Yankees ownership stake in YES allows them to print money in a way that no other franchise could dream of. The Pirates, Reds, Rays, Marlins, White Sox, Rangers, Astros, A's, Twins, Brewers, or the Royals could never even dream of creating such a network.

The Yanks now have the top 4 highest players in the game all on one team. According to reports they might be after the 5th in Manny. Show me another sport that would stand for that!

It's not about making every team equal, but how in the world can a team compete when they are relegated only to the draft. If Bud Selig had half a spine we'd have a Salary Cap like every other sport.

This sport has gotten out of hand with no salary cap. Only big market teams (with the occasional smaller market team slipping in every now & then) have a chance to compete. Teams like the Royals, Twins, Brewers are just farm clubs for the bigger teams. At least in the NFL literally every team has a shot from year to year. Da** I hate the Yankees.

My team, the Mets, spent nearly as much as the Yankees every year for the last decade. You know what we got for it? Zilch. Money alone can't get you a ring. Such a tired argument with no basis in fact.

Good point. One major asset the Yanks have is Cashman. I kind of wish he'd become the Skins GM... :D

Sorry you're a Mets fan - I grew up with the Yanks. :)

:( I wanted him to come to DC....

I still think if the O's and Nats were close in price, he would have chose the O's over the Nats because of the home town thing. I just hate baseball because of the Yanks and Red Sox.

Almost every other team is having to pinch a little. The Yankees have a built in fanbase of NYC, plus all the nut huggers all around the country that like winners. Like Lebron James.

LeBron James is B**** front runner. His favorite teams are the Knicks (growing up) the Yankees and low and behold.....The Cowboys. Gee, you think he's a Detoit Red Wings fan also? Bet he loves USC or Florida in college football. Probably a UNC/Duke fan in basketball. He's a front running chump!

No, because Mussina was our guy. He was our ace.

Tex was just born in MD.

The O's made their offer and told them to come back if interested, but we weren't going to throw the 200M figure like he and Boras were going to want from a struggling franchise.

Checked the Nats and O's forums in here and quite frankly the Nats fans are more upset than that O's fans. We're used to getting slapped around by the Yankees and Red Sox. Nats fans were the delusional ones thinking they actually had a chance at this guy and now they want to sign Manny. Manny coming to a 59 win team? What a joke. He'll stay in LA with the Dodgers or Angels.

Lol and people say basketball is a joke. This is ridiculous...nothing like this could ever happen in the NBA.

Yeah right...:doh:

Celtics 17 titles going on 18

Lakers 13 titles maybe going on 14

Next highest- Bulls with 6. It's a 2 team league in the NBA and with recent Spurs, Nets, Pistons games being boring 76-68 games, the NBA thrust Kobe and KG back into the limelight with their storied franchises to relive the good old days of the 1980's when Bird and Magic ruled the hardwood.

Archived