Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Teixeira to the mother****in Yankees. (merged)

Spaceman Spiff

As a Red Sox fan I can't really talk much but this just pisses me off to no end. I would've rather seen him in a Nats uniform.

No, what should piss you off should be the fact that the Red Sox offered him the exact same contract. But they withdrew it simply because he couldn't make up his mind.

Thats what everyone said two years ago about Lester. He's got a ton of talent. And he's really young, so, he has plenty of time to improve.

For every Lester, there's a ton of guys that fall by the wayside that never realize their full potential.

Of course Hughes has a ton of talent. Anyone who's spent so much as a DAY in the MLB has a ton of talent. They have a ridiculous amount of hand-eye coordination, from the worst guy in the majors to the best.

But there are a ton of pitching prospects that never pan out. Hughes hasn't shown any reason to give hope at the ML level.

LOL I just have to sit back and laugh.

Yankees have a big offseason - followed by everyone getting pissed and ripping baseball - followed by everyone laughing their asses off 10 months later when the mass amount of money results in nothing more than a quick playoff exit.

Seriously folks, you can't buy a championship and in order for the Yankees to win one some of their homegrown talent will have to come up big.

For every Lester, there's a ton of guys that fall by the wayside that never realize their full potential.

Of course Hughes has a ton of talent. Anyone who's spent so much as a DAY in the MLB has a ton of talent. They have a ridiculous amount of hand-eye coordination, from the worst guy in the majors to the best.

But there are a ton of pitching prospects that never pan out. Hughes hasn't shown any reason to give hope at the ML level.

He's shown flashes of being very good - the no-hitter he got injured during and the 2007 series against the Indians just to name a few.

However, he keeps getting injured so the jury is still out.

LOL I just have to sit back and laugh.

Yankees have a big offseason - followed by everyone getting pissed and ripping baseball - followed by everyone laughing their asses off 10 months later when the mass amount of money results in nothing more than a quick playoff exit.

Seriously folks, you can't buy a championship and in order for the Yankees to win one some of their homegrown talent will have to come up big.

oh well then I guess it's just pure coincidence that they have won 1 out of every 4 world series.

Hughes pitched poorly this year, largely because he was trying to nurse an injury. Then he was trying to get back in to the groove at the end of the season.

Hughes has too much talent to just get rid of him. Heck, pretty much the only reason that Santana isn't a Yankee is because the Twins wanted Hughes and the Yankees weren't willing to give him up.

Oh and he had a no hitter going in to the 7th against the Rangers in Texas before pulling his hammy. That alone shows that he has enough talent to stick around.

No, they'll keep him. They'll let him get over his control problems that most young pitchers have. And he'll be good.

oh well then I guess it's just pure coincidence that they have won 1 out of every 4 world series.

The Yankees didn't use to buy players like this. They used to have a farm system (Joe DiMaggio and Micky Mantle).

Oh and they haven't won a World Series in a LONG time . . .

Archived