Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TAILGATE in S.F. - Redskins/Niners UPDATED w/ Pictures!

Special K

IMPORTANT: Forecasters are calling for possible showers on Sunday. Right now it's a 30% chance. If anyone has an easy-up or other things that can be used for overhead coverage, please let me know or post that in this thread. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't see a thread elsewhere, so I figured I'd get on it...

Next weekend, my best friend and I are hosting a tailgate party for the last game of the season. I wanted to let everyone here know that they are more than welcome to join us in the grilling, drinking, and other shennanigans we will involve ourselves in... :D

It's going to be kind of a mixed tailgate as she and her friends are Whiners fans...so we'll have plenty of people to pick on :silly:

Anyway, we'll be firing up the grills about 9AM at the Stick. We're taking care of the hamburgers and hotdogs, you just have to bring your drinks if that's what you want and a side dish if you can. I you want to swing by, just post what you are going to bring and we'll be keeping a running list.

My friend somehow reserved us a bunch of spaces in the parking lot from which we'll be running this show. :D I don't have the exact location right now, but I'll update that shortly. If you have any questions that were not covered in this post, feel freeto PM me! :cheers:

So, in summary...

WHERE: Candlestick Parking Lot - Lot "F" (perimeter of Lot F closest to Lot L as you can get)

Here are the new parking procedures for the 2008 season:

http://www.49ers.com/stadium/images/Parkingprocedures.pdf

Directions to the Stick:

http://www.49ers.com/stadium/directions.php?section=ST%20Directions

Map of the parking lot:

http://www.49ers.com/stadium/pre-game.php

UPDATE:

Hey guys. Okay, so the deal is that we will be in the BLUE parking lot L. You are correct that it is 49er pass holders for that lot. Kristina got them free from friends so we were parking there. What we are going to do is park as close to the edge of lot L next to Lot F as possible so that those who do not have passes can park at the perimeter of Lot F closest to the blue lot L

so that we can combine our tailgates into one large tailgate and everyone can tailgate near their own vehicles.

Bottom Line: Go through GATE 1 and park in LOT F as close as you can get to the blue Lot L.

Also, we will be getting a bunch of balloons and signs, so you will easily be able to tell our tailgate; regardless, we will be on the perimeter of Lot L so people can park closely to that and we won't really have to walk back and forth and have a combined tailgate. Hopefully this is acceptable to everyone who wants to join our tailgate. :)

If you are worried about this or want more details on this, please feel free to PM me. :)

WHEN: 9 AM on December 28, 2008

WHO: Anyone who wants to join! The more Redskins fans the better :)

HOW TO LOCATE OUR SPECIFIC TG: We will be firing flares from our truck beds every 15 minutes. Or since we're on the west coast, we are thinking of paying homage to our ancestors by wildly firing our .44's randomly in the air while shoutin' "Yeehaw!"

Okay, kidding. We will make a bunch of poster board signs which will include a Welcome for ES fans, Westcoastskins fans, and other miscellaneous 'Skins fans. My brother and I are also making signs for individual players like Fletch, Horton, Landry et al., so we'll put those up. And of course we'll have the obligatory red X through the Cowboy star sign because no matter who the opponent, we'll always hate the Cowboys and it is important that they are reminded of our disdain for their team every opportunity we get. :)

WHAT TO BRING: Anything and everything, we'll find a use for it!

- Hamburgers/Hotdogs/Buns/Condiments (Katie/Kristina)

- Flank Steaks and hoagie rolls (NoCal Mike)

- Flats of Water (keeastman's brother)

- Special Etna-brewed beer (keeastman's sister)

- Jager & Vodka (keeastman's dude)

- Soda (keeastman's dad)

- Beer (MissU28...& ) - And we'll need more people as well...more beer = good.

- Beer (NoCal Mike)

- Potato salad (Kristina's friend)

- Baked Beans (Kristina's friend)

- Chips and dip (Kristina's friend)

- Cupcakes (Kristina's friend)

Other stuff:

- BBQ grill (Kristina)

- BBQ grill (NoCal Mike)

- Tables (A couple of Kristina's friends, I don't know exactly who, but we'll have tables)

- 1-2 more tables (NoCal Mike)

- Chairs (everyone, bring chairs if you you'd like to sit...duh)

- Cups/Pingpong balls for Beerpong (???)

- Coolers (we have some now, but we could certainly use more)

- Ice (???)

* I am still trying to get more details on what Kristina's friends are bringing in terms of food and supplies, I'll post that information as soon as I get it.

** If anyone who is coming has suggestions or tips, they are more than welcome to provide them. :)

You should use Pez's post for the ES Tailgate a a template. So people know where you are, what to bring, and any other info they might need.

Hey now, I'm new to this schtick...I certainly do not have the experience of a seasoned vet like Pez with this tailgate stuff. ;)

Thanks for the advice though, I'll try to edit my post to make it a bit more organized and clear. :)

Well there were some threads from NoCalMike and I think that he might be planning a tailgate as well as a group from westcoastskinsfans.com or something like that.

Maybe we can all get together for it or merge it into 1 tailgate???

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=276233

I'm still firming up my plans, but will post here again in a day or 2 to see what else needs to be brought and to which tailgate we're going to.

Oh snap I didn't even know about this thread. Yeah I saw lets join up. Since you have the particulars ready and set, I will just change my tailgate location to LOT L with you guys.......and I will announce this in my thread in the Stadium forum so everyone knows....

I am bringing my BBQ grill and plan on bbqing some flank steak sandwiches on hoagie rolls.......as well as have a ton of beer too hahahaha.......I can't wait.

Just to clarify, when looking at the map, when you say LOT L, you are talking about the LOT L that is colored in BLUE on the map correct?

Also, is there anything that will stand out that will make you easy to find? I mean every time I have gone to a Redskins game in SF there has always been a ton of Skins fans there, I just wanna make sure I find you guys.

I will be bringing,

BBQ Grill & Utensils

Flank Steak(and stuff to make sandwiches with and condiments)

Lots of Beer in Ice Chest

1 or 2 Folding tables

chairs

Group of Five

Maybe we can all get together for it or merge it into 1 tailgate???

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=276233

I'm still firming up my plans, but will post here again in a day or 2 to see what else needs to be brought and to which tailgate we're going to.

I didn't even know about that thread! Yikes. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Oh snap I didn't even know about this thread. Yeah I saw lets join up. Since you have the particulars ready and set, I will just change my tailgate location to LOT L with you guys.......and I will announce this in my thread in the Stadium forum so everyone knows....

Just to clarify, when looking at the map, when you say LOT L, you are talking about the LOT L that is colored in BLUE on the map correct?

Also, is there anything that will stand out that will make you easy to find?

Joining our groups would be fantastic! We are going to have quite a sizeable group now, which will be a blast. I will add your stuff to the running list so people know what else they can bring. Yay, this will be fun :D

And yes, I'm about 90% sure it's the blue lot L, I'll double check on that with Kristina and post a definitive answer by the weekend. Also, I will make a bunch of signs with my brother to put up so that our group can easily be found.

Sorry for being a Beavis, keeastman.

I'll give you your one free pass this time ;)

I'll be there. Probably won't be able to make til 11am due to my 2 little ones baby sitter arrangements. I'll be there with a group of 10.

Yeah, definitely roll in whenever you can, no problemo!

Archived