Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TAILGATE in S.F. - Redskins/Niners UPDATED w/ Pictures!

Special K

** If anyone who is coming has suggestions or tips, they are more than welcome to provide them. :)

I'm not coming, but a big hit at the ES Tailgate is pre-made shots. You get a gallon pump cooler like Capt. Kaos uses, then mix up your shots. Then you get the little plastic disposable bathroom cups from the grocery store. They make perfect disposable shot glasses.

Group shots really get everyone pumped at the tailgates, and sometimes end in a round of Hail to the Redskins. ;)

You guys are gonna have a blast! Way to represent.

Awesome. What do you want me to bring?

By the way, it looks like I will have Mrs. Predicto rather than my daughter along. So you can see who is stupid enough to marry me :laugh:

You better check the stadium's policy before she brings her seeing eye dog :silly:

By the way, it looks like I will have Mrs. Predicto rather than my daughter along. So you can see who is stupid enough to marry me :laugh:

Haha, we'll you'll get to meet the person who is stupid enough to want to put up with my crap for the rest of eternity... :D

As for what to bring, any side dish you want that you think would be good tailgate food.

I'm not coming, but a big hit at the ES Tailgate is pre-made shots. You get a gallon pump cooler like Capt. Kaos uses, then mix up your shots. Then you get the little plastic disposable bathroom cups from the grocery store. They make perfect disposable shot glasses.

Thanks HOF, I'll see what I can do about that.

I will be there with a group of 10.

If we bring meats, beers, etc. can you use someones BBQ?

Also I assume that Lot L is the one that is on the south end of the stadium and not on the east side where the map just shows the letter L? The map is a bit confusing b/c of that.

Hail!

I will be there with a group of 10.

If we bring meats, beers, etc. can you use someones BBQ?

Also I assume that Lot L is the one that is on the south end of the stadium and not on the east side where the map just shows the letter L? The map is a bit confusing b/c of that.

Hail!

Sure, we have 2 BBQ's at the moment and I'm hoping we can get a few others so we can grill as we desire...

As for the Lot L, I am almost positive it is the lot that is shaded BLUE on the map. Kristina's doublechecking on that however and I will update the OP with the definitive answer before the weeknd. :)

Great Keeastman. Even though we are out of the playoffs having them end things out here in front of us is a very fitting end to the season. Its a bummer but I'm glad we will be there for the last game until next summer.

Let me know when you can about the lot.

Hail!

Great Keeastman. Even though we are out of the playoffs having them end things out here in front of us is a very fitting end to the season. Its a bummer but I'm glad we will be there for the last game until next summer.

I know, even though we are out of the playoffs, we can certainly still have fun with a kick ass tailgate and rooting for our team in their last game of the season! :)

Wow, it seems as though there will be a pretty big Skins contingent representing down there.

Of course, I'm going to be the douche who brings a Girls fan with me. Can't help that the guy wasn't raised right.

Yeah, well, don't worry about that at all. My friend who is organizing the tailgate with me, Kristina, is a hardcore Whiners fan and worked for the team for 6 years (I even had to put up with her stupid Steve Young shrine in our dorm room during college).

So, there are going to be some Whiner fans tailgating with us as most of her friends are Whiner fans or Whiner employees. But worry not, they are harmless and we will greatly outnumber them... :D

Well I know they came out twice, once with Spurrier, and once with Gibbs.....I think I am referring to the second time, or would that be 2004? LOL.....

Im nervous because the last time the Skins came to SD we got our butts handed to us 30-3. Jeff George as the QB!

I just hope its not as bad this next year.

Well I know they came out twice, once with Spurrier, and once with Gibbs.....I think I am referring to the second time, or would that be 2004? LOL.....
Oh, you're right! That was a parity game. Good memory!

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2004-was

Yep, Gibbs came out with the team in '04. I remember the game vividly as my whole family (about 14 of us) drove 5 hours to S.F., watched the game and cheered our little butts off, then drove 5 hours home immediately after the game. It was a pretty tiring trip, but totally worth it, no question about that.

Those are some great memories as it was the first time my nephew and niece were able to go to a live Redskins game. I also remember the posters my bro and I made like "Gibbs is the Shiznit," "Hail to the Redskins," and Sean Taylor's name at the top of the posterboard with a huge target underneath... :D

And just like in '04, everyone is stoked about this weekend b/c it's so rare we get to see the Skins live. In fact, my little niece will be there dressed up in her Redskins cheerleader uniform (with warm under garments of course) I got for her a couple years back. :)

So has it been confirmed for sure yet if we are talking about the LOT L shaded in blue, on the parking lot map?
I have a call in to Kristina and she's going to call me back to confirm. We will have it confirmed before the weekend and I will definitely confirm where exactly we are meeting. So far, unless I update otherwise, it IS the blue lot L. But again, I will confirm 100% before the weekend. :)

*Also, if you would feel more comfortable being able to get ahold of me on gameday or call me before with any specific questions, definitely PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

If the info I'm getting is correct, lot "L" is a permit parking only lot? And the rest of us are expected to park in a dirt lot next to "L"? First, that kind of defeats the intent of a "tailgate" and second, will they even open the dirt lot, considering it'll be a mud lot on Sunday? I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into the planning, but better we get it right now, then try to fix it on the fly on Sunday.

Also, I'll be bringing beer, chips and salsa and a huge Redskins blanket we could hang up somewhere.

If the info I'm getting is correct, lot "L" is a permit parking only lot? And the rest of us are expected to park in a dirt lot next to "L"? First, that kind of defeats the intent of a "tailgate" and second, will they even open the dirt lot, considering it'll be a mud lot on Sunday? I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into the planning, but better we get it right now, then try to fix it on the fly on Sunday.

Also, I'll be bringing beer, chips and salsa and a huge Redskins blanket we could hang up somewhere.

Umm...yes that would be a good thing to know ahead of time. I don't have a permit, as every 49er game I have been to I have just paid the money to the parking attendant when I have arrived.......ummm....so what's the deal?

I pulled this straight from the 49ers website:

Parking Lot Lane Number

Internal Parking Lots (A,B,C, Overflow C, TV & Players Lot) From the North or South, take the Third Street exit to Jamestown Avenue and turn right. Use Lane #1 - Far left hand lane closest to the fence.

Parking Lot "L" From the North or South, take the Third Street exit to Jamestown Avenue and turn right. Use Lane #2 - Second lane from the fence.

49er Parking Pass Holders ONLY (Main Paved Stadium Lot) From the North or South, take the Third Street exit to Jamestown Avenue and turn right. Use Lane #3 - Third lane from the fence.

Non-Pass Holders / General Parking From the North or South, take the main Candlestick Park exit off of 101. For quicker parking, stay in the right-hand lanes. OR From the North or South, take the Third Street exit to Carroll Avenue and turn right. Continue to Parking Lots

From those above directions, it sounds like you don't have to be a pass holder to get into LOT L, but pass holders get to use a different lane to get into it which might provide them quicker access. Can we get a confirmation on this though?

Hmm... I could skip work on Saturday pay $800 for a ticket to SF and get there at 12:30am Sunday

OR...

Drive 41 hours 2800 miles and figure easily 280 miles per tank at $25 each fill up would be 250 in gas each way so $500, which would mean I had to leave tomorrow by 5pm to get there by 10am sunday...

Crap, I'm out...

If the info I'm getting is correct, lot "L" is a permit parking only lot? And the rest of us are expected to park in a dirt lot next to "L"? First, that kind of defeats the intent of a "tailgate" and second, will they even open the dirt lot, considering it'll be a mud lot on Sunday?
Umm...yes that would be a good thing to know ahead of time. I don't have a permit, as every 49er game I have been to I have just paid the money to the parking attendant when I have arrived.......ummm....so what's the deal?

Hey guys. Okay, so the deal is that we will be in the BLUE parking lot L. You are correct that it is 49er pass holders for that lot. Kristina got them free from friends so we were parking there. What we are going to do is park as close to the edge of lot L as we can as we will be getting there early in the morning and the others who get there early can park as close as they can to Lot L. If you are bring something heavy like a grill or table, we will have people to carry it for you, otherwise just bring your food and chairs...I asked her about this and she said the map is screwy and makes it look a lot more difficult than it actually will be.

Also, we will be getting a bunch of balloons and signs, so you will easily be able to tell our tailgate; regardless, we will be on the perimeter of Lot L so people can park closely and won't have to walk over much.

If you are worried about this or want more details on this, please feel free to PM me. :)

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but why are we holding a tailgate in a lot where you'll be the only one of our group with your vehicle there?

The whole meaning of tailgate is to have a bunch of cars together in a group, with a big party going on around all the vehicles. You're proposing a tailgate party where you'll have the only vehicle and then a bunch of people around the one vehicle. We'll have Niner fans parking all around us instead of our group.

I really think we should move the tailgate to a public lot where all of us with vehicles can park together and make a large area of only of Skins fans.

Archived