Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TAILGATE in S.F. - Redskins/Niners UPDATED w/ Pictures!

Special K

UPDATE:

Hey guys. Okay, so the deal is that we will be in the BLUE parking lot L. You are correct that it is 49er pass holders for that lot. Kristina got them free from friends so we were parking there. What we are going to do is park as close to the edge of lot L as we can as we will be getting there early in the morning and the others who get there early can park as close as they can to Lot L. If you are bring something heavy like a grill or table, we will have people to carry it for you, otherwise just bring your food and chairs...I asked her about this and she said the map is screwy and makes it look a lot more difficult than it actually will be.

Also, we will be getting a bunch of balloons and signs, so you will easily be able to tell our tailgate; regardless, we will be on the perimeter of Lot L so people can park closely and won't have to walk over much.

If you are worried about this or want more details on this, please feel free to PM me. :)

Hey... it's great that you got a permit to park in the luxury suite lot, but you've got to consider the rest of us. Trying to hold a tailgate with a large group of people in one parking space is crazy. We're gonna need the room to spread things out and let people move around and socialize. The whole idea behind tailgating is to get a bunch of cars together and have the party amongst the cars. The rules for tailgating at the 'stick are on the website. You can tailgate behind your vehicle only, you can't take up other parking spaces for your tailgate. So, the more cars in the tailgate, the more space available for the tailgate party.

We should move this to one of the public lots and have everyone who's driving to the game park together. That's how you do a tailgate.

Why dont we move it just outside of Lot L in the normal lot?

I agree with the others on having your own car close by. Besides I'll have 4 five year olds in our group and they will want to chill in my car and watch a DVD prior to going into the game.

Can we just meet outside lot L and fire things up there?

I am going!!!!!! First football game I have EVER been to. Bringing the fiancee "niner fan" coming from sacramento. Ill be in the white silverado with redskins flag, liscense plate frames, and big rear window decal.

Do we need anything else? I am a manager at rubios and can bring any extra cooking stuff/tables/chairs/etc if ya'll may need something else. Or else ill just bring some alcoholic goods. Prolly drag along some glenlivet, absolut, etc and pass the stuff around in celebration.

If we are all voting on this, I would also vote to hold the tailgate in a lot where we can all actually park, because in my experience the more actual cars that are in the area, the more room you have to socialize and spread the festivities out.

The current plans sounds like it is going to end up being over 100 people trying to stay within the area of a few parking spaces, not to mention surrounded by a bunch of 49er fans who might take so kindly to us "invading their space"

Whatever the majority of people vote for, I'll try to make work, but I think we should seriously reconsider moving this to a lot where everyone can just show up and park.

Where exactly is the "general" lot for non-parking pass drivers? I remember in 2004, I just got off the freeway and followed the signs to the lot, paid my money and drove in, and I was there so early that only a few scarce cars were there so it made it really easy for people to find me, I just gave out my cell phone number and when people got close to the stadium, I just texted them what parking lot and pole number/letter I was closest to, and it seemed to work out fine, as by the peak of the tailgate I'd say we had over 100 Skins fans partying. And I also remember we were pretty damn close to the stadium in our parking spot.

From the look of the map here http://www.49ers.com/stadium/pre-game.php we can basically just get onto 101 north or south, get off at the candlestick park exit, and follow those arrows to, Hunterspoint express way and pick a gate to enter, and then drive down as close to the stadium as we can get and setup camp there. I just wanna make sure we all pick a gate that is for general parking.

Question: Can you use those free parking passes on the general lots or do you HAVE TO use them in the pass-holder lots?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, but why are we holding a tailgate in a lot where you'll be the only one of our group with your vehicle there?

The whole meaning of tailgate is to have a bunch of cars together in a group, with a big party going on around all the vehicles. You're proposing a tailgate party where you'll have the only vehicle and then a bunch of people around the one vehicle. We'll have Niner fans parking all around us instead of our group.

I really think we should move the tailgate to a public lot where all of us with vehicles can park together and make a large area of only of Skins fans.

Hey... it's great that you got a permit to park in the luxury suite lot, but you've got to consider the rest of us. Trying to hold a tailgate with a large group of people in one parking space is crazy. We're gonna need the room to spread things out and let people move around and socialize. The whole idea behind tailgating is to get a bunch of cars together and have the party amongst the cars. The rules for tailgating at the 'stick are on the website. You can tailgate behind your vehicle only, you can't take up other parking spaces for your tailgate. So, the more cars in the tailgate, the more space available for the tailgate party.

We should move this to one of the public lots and have everyone who's driving to the game park together. That's how you do a tailgate.

Okay, here's the deal, my friend got multiple parking passes to the Lot L. It's not just one parking space we are talking about here

This week, since I realized we were already having a large tailgate of about 50 people (actually, more Skins fans than niners fans) I realized that since it was already so big, I would extend the invitation to anyone on ES who wanted to join us. This is not an obligatory tailgate, this is not the "official" ES tailgate, this is a tailgate that my friend and I put together for anyone in the spirit of fun.

Now, Kristina used to work for the Niners, this is why she was able to secure tickets in the Blue Lot L. I did not realize this was a permit-parking only lot as I have only been to Candlestick once 4 years ago and we did not tailgate...this is why I'm letting Kristina kind of set up the logistics here.

I have talked to Kristina about your concerns and asked her what we should do with people not being able to park directly in the blue lot. She is very familiar with the lot and said if people park at the PERIMETER of Lot F (general parking) it would be very simple to combine our tailgate parties. Now that I have been made aware of the parking confusion, I have directed all members of my family who do not have the Blue Lot L passes to park at the perimeter of LOT F closest to Lot L.

When getting there early in the morning, by 9AM, people should be able to easily find a spot in F near ours. People who come later probably won't be able to get a spot right next to the group and will probably have to walk.

People who don't care about the parking really or show up late are welcome to walk over and set up in Lot L or whichever lot you choose.

I'm sorry this is long-winded, and I apologize that this is turning out more confusing than initially expected. But if you park at the perimeter of Lot F next to the Blue Lot L, this will not be a difficult feat. :)

Let me know how you guys feel about firing everything up at the perimeter of Lot F right outside the blue Lot L as suggested by SFSKINS. If this is okay, I will update the OP and tell those who do not have the Blue Lot parking permits where to park so we can keep everyone close together and run our combined tailgates. :)

Let me know how you guys feel about firing everything up at the perimeter of Lot F right outside the blue Lot L as suggested by SFSKINS. If this is okay, I will update the OP and tell those who do not have the Blue Lot parking permits where to park so we can keep everyone close together and run our combined tailgates. :)

Sounds like a good plan to me, as F is a general parking lot and it borders Lot L.

Just have two questions:

1) How much(if any) of a buffer is there between LOT L and F? On the map they are right next to each other, but are the parking spots literally alongside each other on the edges, or is there some sort of distance and how much?(I am just wondering for the purposes of parking and carrying a BBQ grill, tables, chairs etc)

2)Can you ask Kristina if the best way to LOT F, is going in at GATE 1 or 2?

See ya there man, and dont apologize for being "long winded" it takes work to get these things organized for away games, because usually 90% of the people are coming from out of town and the majority only go once every few years. All the confusion and hard work pays off though once the partying begins!!!

:cheers:

Sounds like a good plan to me, as F is a general parking lot and it borders Lot L.

Just have two questions:

1) How much(if any) of a buffer is there between LOT L and F? On the map they are right next to each other, but are the parking spots literally alongside each other on the edges, or is there some sort of distance and how much?(I am just wondering for the purposes of parking and carrying a BBQ grill, tables, chairs etc)

2)Can you ask Kristina if the best way to LOT F, is going in at GATE 1 or 2?

See ya there man, and dont apologize for being "long winded" it takes work to get these things organized for away games, because usually 90% of the people are coming from out of town and the majority only go once every few years. All the confusion and hard work pays off though once the partying begins!!!

:cheers:

Hey Mike,

I will ask Kristina and get back to you, I have a call into her as we speak. From what I remember her saying however, she made it sound like it was all one big lot with minimal barriers and it was not a big deal. I wil confirm with her though and post back on here. I will also ask her the easiest route to Lot F and which Gate people should go to. :)

So the person who was going with me ended up cancelling therefore I've lost my place to stay down there.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the area which isn't too expensive and safe should I bring my daughter to the game?

Thanks!

Hi Redskns21,

Sorry to hear that your friend cancelled, that totally stinks. Some of the posters who actually live in the Bay Area might have better advice for you, but if it were me, I would stay at one of the hotels near SFO airport.

Candlestick is in south SF as is the airport. According to the 49ers website, the airport is only 6 mi. away from the stadium, so that would cut down on the time it would take to get to the stadium and as far as I know the hotels associated with the airport are fairly safe... Again, posters who live in the area might have some better advice, but that's what I would probably do if I needed a place to stay.

Hope you can bring your daughter to the game with you. I know that the tailgate is going to be very family friendly as a lot of the people have mentioned bringing their children and my niece and nephew will be there, and I know the stadium is very family friendly.

Anyway, here's a link to many of the airport hotels...

http://sanfrancisco.airporthotelguide.com/

So folks I think we need to just need to ALL park in Lot F on the perimeter of Lot L. If you are in the lots before 10:15am you can enter through any entrance and go into any section. After 10:15 you have to follow the parking attendants orders.

So lot F nearest to Lot L? Is that the plan?

I will definately be there before 10_15am, I am leaving Sacramento at approx 7am so that should get me there AT THE LATEST around 8:30am. From the look of the map, Gate 2 looks like a pretty safe bet to enter, and just drive all the way to the front where it is marked F, and then all the way to the left where it borders L.

I believe Keastman said his group will have balloons and decor so we can easily identify them, and with the parking lot THAT empty we should find them no prob.

So the person who was going with me ended up cancelling therefore I've lost my place to stay down there.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the area which isn't too expensive and safe should I bring my daughter to the game?

Thanks!

I'm staying at the Raddison on Sierra Point Parkway. Very nice corporate hotel and only 2 1/2 miles from the stadium. Their rates go down on the weekend since it's a corporate hotel. Not sure how much you're willing to spend, but it'd be worth checking into.

Hey guys!

I just talked to Kristina and she said that parking in Lot F as close to the L Lot as possible would be best. She also said that if the L Lot has more barriers around it than she remembers and it will cause a big hassle, we will just pay the extra and park in the general parking...she was just trying to utilize the free passes she was able to get. However, she is totally flexible with whatever and if when we get there it looks like it's going to be a big pain in the butt for us to join the 2 tailgates through these 2 lots, we'll just move over. We'll play it by ear and see when we get there at 9.

Bottom line: it will all work out and be fine, just park in the F lot and we'll make sure we get everything worked out! :)

Also, we will have some balloons to mark the tailgate spot in general so people coming later (including some of my family) won't have too many problems locating our party. My brother and I made a ton of Redskins signs on posterboards tonight that we'll have pegged up all over the place, so people should also be able to see those as well.

If you are still apprehensive about being able to locate our group or want to get any further details, PM me and I'll shoot you my cell number.

I haven't received much more info. from our ES members as to what exactly they are bringing, so if you can just bring the regular tailgate stuff like beer, chips, whatever. If you have BBQ's or tables or side dishes, we can never have enough of that, so feel free to bring whatever :D

I'm very excited and am glad we were able to get most of this stuff straightened out beforehand and hopefully things will run relatively smoothly on Sunday and we can concentrate on the important things...like acting like goofballs, eating, drinking, and cheering on our Skins to victory. :D

Sounds good. Ill be there bright and early looking for balloons, hahaha.

Like I said before, I'll be grilling flank steak for steak sandwiches, I should have some extra since I think we have approx 7 pounds of meat)For our group of five) haha. So anything extra I will definately share, and anyone who is bringing meat that needs to be grilled, can feel free to throw it over the hot coals....

I'll also have a big ice chest full of beer and ice(although I wonder if I am even going to need ice, haha)

Ill enter in Gate 2 and drive over to Lot F.

This is gonna be a blast!!!

[

Other stuff:

- BBQ grill (Kristina)

- BBQ grill (NoCal Mike)

- Tables (A couple of Kristina's friends, I don't know exactly who, but we'll have tables)

- 1-2 more tables (NoCal Mike)

- Chairs (everyone, bring chairs if you you'd like to sit...duh)

- Cups/Pingpong balls for Beerpong (???)

- Coolers (we have some now, but we could certainly use more)

- Ice (???)

* I am still trying to get more details on what Kristina's friends are bringing in terms of food and supplies, I'll post that information as soon as I get it.

** If anyone who is coming has suggestions or tips, they are more than welcome to provide them. :)

Do you still need ice and cups for beerpong? I can't promise ping pong balls, as I won't get to SF 'til 7 tonight and I know from experience what a ***** it can be to find ping pong balls at the last minute.

Let me know, we'll be there when the lot opens. F for sure now, right? Still near L, or will you guys park somewhere different?

Do you still need ice and cups for beerpong? I can't promise ping pong balls, as I won't get to SF 'til 7 tonight and I know from experience what a ***** it can be to find ping pong balls at the last minute.

Let me know, we'll be there when the lot opens. F for sure now, right? Still near L, or will you guys park somewhere different?

Hey, yes, you got the parking right, in Lot F near the Blue L Lot. You can go through gates 1 or 2.

And bring whatever you can. We will definitely need cups, and probably ice. I'll steal some new ping pong balls from the playroom at my parents' house before we take off, haha...so we got that covered. :D

And I'm pretty sure you have my phone number, so don't hesitate to call if you have any other questions.

Archived