Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just got done playing maybe the greatest game ever made! (MGS4)

footballhenry

mgs4.jpg

I just got done playing what very well may be the best video game I personally have ever played. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I am not over reacting when I say that; this game simply has to be experienced....really, thats the best way to describe it, as an 'experience'. I searched for any past threads on this but I didn't find any, so for anyone that loves the MGS series or is just looking to go out and play a stealth/action game; this is a must-have.

The graphics are gorgeous, and the gameplay is the most seamless I have yet to play on the PS3 by far. The boss battles and interwoven cinematics are among the best not just in MGS lore but in videogame history.

I must admit, that upon first starting this game I was a little let-down because it started off a lil slow for my taste; but thats the beauty of it. As you progress the story, levels, battles, and overall arch of the game developes so rapidly that by the end you will be amazed at the quality, and depth. Some of the boss battles are the most fun I've had yet on any system; and the originality is overflowing in this game. For example, near the end (no spoilers, dont worry) there are a couple scenes where you must perform a task while a cinematic is going on at the same time(something I haven't seen done in this fashion yet in videogames).

For the gun fans the amount of ammo, guns and accessories is far more than i've seen in any Call of Duty game thats for sure. The attention to detail that Kojima and co. have paid to this 'final' game for MGS is astonishing. Even still, for all the graphical might and original gameplay the truest accolade here is the story itself. Simply put.....this game would win the Best Picture of videogames if such a thing existed.

9.9/10.

IGN PS3 Game of the Year: http://bestof.ign.com/2008/ps3/25.html

Oh and Raiden is bad@$$!!!

metal-gear-solid-4-1.jpg

I LOVED MGS1 and 2. I only have PS2, ugh which is also now broke. I'd love to play 3 and 4, but I don't have the money or time. I seriously fell in love with this series the first time I played the original on PS1. Sadly I don't think I'll find the money to buy a PS3 any time soon and if for some reason I do I just dont have time for this stuff anymore. Glad you had a blast with it! I really love this series with a passion....Now I'm sad

I found it a bit cheesy, and I didn't like how the story wrapped up. It irked me how they explained EVERYTHING with

Nanomachines.

Raiden was pretty badass though but it would have been nice if you could have played him at least a little. I'm thinking there might be a MGS sidestory game showing how Raiden eventually became the Ninja. At least I hope so. I still think MGS3 and MGS1 are better than MGS4 but at least 4 is better than MGS2 imo.

The online mode is okay but a pain to get on. You have to have a Konami ID because it's not on the PS3 server. Was anybody else mad that the voice of

Liquid Snake

didn't come back for the fouth game?

I think there's a Ipod MGS coming out in the future if anybodies interested.

Haven't heard any hype about this game. Surprising. How is the online play?

Really? I was gushing over this game on here when it was released. It's the best overall experience I've ever had with a game. The graphics are the best on any system (Uncharted is a close 2nd). The audio sounds like something out of Black Hawk Down.

I don't doubt that it's a good game, but Kojima is a crazy person when it comes to telling a story. I haven't played MGS4, but MGS2 was ridiculous. Towards the end the story made no sense to me.

Play MGS3. Kojima brings it back down to MGS1 levels of crazy so it's really good. Very underrated imo.

I just got a PS3 and am looking to get a new game. Is this the one i should get? Ive never really played many video games before, and havent played a metal gear since like the first Nintendo.

Hard to say - I know most people that have played it think it's one of the greatest video games of all time.

However, if you're int non-stop action and hate things like cutscenes it's not really for you. It's more like a movie that you play through than an action game or something of that nature.

I'd definitely say it's the best PS3 exclusive - followed by Uncharted and MLB 08.

I have uncharted, i dont see what the big deal is. Im about halfway through it and havent picked it up since October.

:ols: Glad I haven't picked that one up.

I dunno - I have a PS3 - mainly for Blu-Ray - and MGS4 is the main game I play along with MLB 08. I just know that so many people loved Uncharted and it looked pretty cool from what I saw.

I'm more of a 360 guy - XBOX Live is amazing.

:ols: Glad I haven't picked that one up.

I dunno - I have a PS3 - mainly for Blu-Ray - and MGS4 is the main game I play along with MLB 08. I just know that so many people loved Uncharted and it looked pretty cool from what I saw.

I'm more of a 360 guy - XBOX Live is amazing.

I picked up the PS3 mainly because i had the opportunity to get it for $300 and i use it mainly for blu ray. I have NCAA football and Madden along with Uncharted. I am basically unstoppable at NCAA but i suck at Madden :laugh: The fact the Chris Collinsworht does the play by play basically ruined that game for me.

So im looking for something new.

I picked up the PS3 mainly because i had the opportunity to get it for $300 and i use it mainly for blu ray. I have NCAA football and Madden along with Uncharted. I am basically unstoppable at NCAA but i suck at Madden :laugh: The fact the Chris Collinsworht does the play by play basically ruined that game for me.

So im looking for something new.

As stated - I can't recommend MGS4 enough - it starts out a bit slow but picks up pretty quickly. It's the type of game you can play through a ton of different ways - and there's nothing like slipping a Playboy in the direction of an armed guard so you can sneak by him after he starts looking at it.

Haven't heard any hype about this game. Surprising. How is the online play?

They just released a demo for MGO on the PSN yesterday.

I think there's a Ipod MGS coming out in the future if anybodies interested.

http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.co.jp/en/news/release/2008/1217/index.html

jt2yip.jpg

They are also getting in on the LBP action:

http://news.littlebigworkshop.com/en-us/post/2008/12/Metal-Gear-Solid-hits-LBP-for-the-Holidays--1223!.aspx

lbp01.jpg

I just got a PS3 and am looking to get a new game. Is this the one i should get? Ive never really played many video games before, and havent played a metal gear since like the first Nintendo.

I just played Resistance 2 on the PS3 that was a lot of fun. If you're not sure about how serious you will be, just rent from Blockbuster.

Archived