Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just got done playing maybe the greatest game ever made! (MGS4)

footballhenry

I just got a PS3 and am looking to get a new game. Is this the one i should get? Ive never really played many video games before, and havent played a metal gear since like the first Nintendo.

I loved this game even though I hadn'ty played since MGS on PS1. But if I were you, I'd get Call of Duty, online shooting on massive levels, it rocks.

How is the multiplayer for this game?

Addicting and FUN. Though I must say that it does have a steep learning curve; at least it did for me since when I first started playing it I really didn't enjoy it THAT much...but I gave it a chance and kept trying to get better at it and now it's the most fun I've had playing online since Socom. If only MGO had vehicles :D

Dude, You REALLY need a girlfriend :doh:

Actually thats 21 hours since the beginning of August, 4 months ago....so thats not too bad; furthermore do you know much about games? Most take anywhere from 10 to 30 hours to beat (hell, I never beat it but I hear that GTAIV takes over 40).

Also I highly doubt a girlfriend would be the answer for me :laugh:

if u never played mgs1 or 2...or 3. stop you fail and get em. cause you only know 1/4 of the story about mgs from the 4th one. but i have played it at my boys house and its ridicolously sick...but to me nothin compares to metal gear solid1. -knocks on door- shutup, shutup, SHUTUP IN THERE WILL YA.

yeah....i'm not going to spoil anything for you but I will just say that since you love MGS1 so much, you will fall in love with Act 4 of MGS4.....youll see;)

Let me preface this by saying two things:

1. I loved MGS1 and 2.

2. What follows has nothing to do with Kojima's skill, vision or artistry, so don't try to claim that I don't understand the story, or I didn't give the games a fair chance, or I'm an uncultured mouthbreather. I understand how they're excellent experiences. They're just not what I want in a video game.

Too bad you're missing out.

For myself, I don't consider it missing out. A person isn't missing out on something if they wouldn't have enjoyed it in the first place.

Play MGS3. Kojima brings it back down to MGS1 levels of crazy so it's really good. Very underrated imo.

I picked up MGS3 on GameFly and just couldn't get into it. It just comes down to what I expect out of a video game. I don't expect a movie, and that's what Kojima's most recent games are. I felt like I was watching at least as much as I was playing, and to me that's not the point of a video game.

I just got a PS3 and am looking to get a new game. Is this the one i should get? Ive never really played many video games before, and havent played a metal gear since like the first Nintendo.

Speaking of GameFly PB, I'd strongly recommend it. I don't use it any more, but the rates were better than Blockbuster, the turnaround time was minimal, and $20 a month for two games at a time was a great price when I was in college and could play through a game in a couple weeks to a month.

Archived