Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plate-sized spider found in Mekong

China

eh spiders don't bother me... i dunno why people freak out... now rats i dun like.

there are several species here in FL that aren't deadly but if they bite you, a large area of flesh around the bit dies and has to be surgically removed, leaving a large hole. Skin grafts and other painful **** is involved. My friend in Lakeland, a transplant from Falls Church, lost a lot of muscle around his knee and walks with a cane now.

The sad part is these animals will just become targets for poachers or have their habitat destroyed in the name of short term jobs or expansion. That's the way it works. Why worry about long terms effects when 4 months of employment that could be had elsewhere is soooo much more important.

i hope WWF can save these creatures but sadly the part of the world in which fate placed them doesn't give me much confidence.

there are several species here in FL that aren't deadly but if they bite you, a large area of flesh around the bit dies and has to be surgically removed, leaving a large hole. Skin grafts and other painful **** is involved. My friend in Lakeland, a transplant from Falls Church, lost a lot of muscle around his knee and walks with a cane now.

you talking about the brown recluse Dean?

just google "brown recluse bite" and go to images if you're curious

you talking about the brown recluse Dean?

just google "brown recluse bite" and go to images if you're curious

I got bit by one of those ****s about 6 years ago roughly, on my hip just under my beltline. I still have a scar there, although it is very faded now, its still there. It was scabbed for about 4 years and that finally went away. It wasnt a very bad/deep bite thank goodness

A good spider is a dead spider. I run like a girl when I see one :doh: I hate wolf spiders since they are all around NVA. I kill a spider the second I see it, shoes, remotes, books, I have even used my gf to kill one... you know I pushed her out of the bed and told her to kill it or she aint sleeping with me :D

I have a thing for bugs period, cant stand them and they scare the living s3$t out of me.

Man: I hate spiders...

I think there is already a spider that size inhabiting Latin America or perhaps Africa. The bird-eating spider or something like that. I think it made an appearance once on the David Letterman show and was shown in the movie Acrachnophobia.

they are all the same spider but I have also seen a tarantula form...called mammoth spider ;)

found this...and figured it was appropriate...lol

spider-friends.png

My property is infested with black widows. Put a concrete block anywhere in my yard, wait a week, then turn it over- I'll bet money every single time there is at least one black widow underneath it.

I even put down poison 3x a year with a spreader- I guess it helps but there's just too dam many of them. It really makes me nervous when my son is playing in the yard.

My property is infested with black widows. Put a concrete block anywhere in my yard, wait a week, then turn it over- I'll bet money every single time there is at least one black widow underneath it.

I even put down poison 3x a year with a spreader- I guess it helps but there's just too dam many of them. It really makes me nervous when my son is playing in the yard.

I killed one in my garage back in the summer.

I actually had a neighbor a few years back that got bit by one. He got bit in his shed while he was working and spent a couple of nights in the hospital.

He said the pain from the stomach cramps was the worst pain he's ever felt in his life, and this is an older guy who had previously had a heart attack and had passed stones and he said the black widow bite was worse than either.

He made it through fine though. Most people don't die from black widow bites but it's a hell of a bunch of pain to deal with.

I also have an uncle who got bit by a brown recluse but that apparently wasn't as bad. He got flu-like symptoms and his forearm was swollen up to the size of his thigh. They had to cut a section of skin off of his arm because the recluse bites actually breakdown flesh.

But like a black widow they aren't usually fatal either.

Archived