Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Plate-sized spider found in Mekong

China

I know you weren't. In the movie a spider crawls in a shoe slipper and a man puts it on and gets bit. He wasn't ambushed.

there were plenty of ambushes in the movie. the spider that climbed into a football helmet waiting for a victim. the spider that hid in the lampshade waiting for someone to reach up into it. don't remember any others since I only watched about a half-hour of it before realizing it was stupid and changed the channel.

there were plenty of ambushes in the movie. the spider that climbed into a football helmet waiting for a victim. the spider that hid in the lampshade waiting for someone to reach up into it. don't remember any others since I only watched about a half-hour of it before realizing it was stupid and changed the channel.

Right, but a spider crawling in a shoe is not an ambush

there are several species here in FL that aren't deadly but if they bite you, a large area of flesh around the bit dies and has to be surgically removed, leaving a large hole. Skin grafts and other painful **** is involved. My friend in Lakeland, a transplant from Falls Church, lost a lot of muscle around his knee and walks with a cane now.

Sounds like you are talking about the Brown Recluse Spider.

There was a guy in the Portsmouth Naval Hospital who was bit and that same day they were using a scapel to cut into the infected area right next to me when I was in therapy for an achilles tear.

bite6_sm.jpg

13305694_d206be9ab7.jpg?v=0

brown-spider.jpg

haven't you heard about people who got bitten by poisonous spiders that had been hanging out in their shoes?

Saw several reenactments of kids being bit when putting on shoes or slippers.

Heck when I saw the Discovery channel/animal planet segment on spiders specifically Sydney's Funnel web spider that can kill you if you don't get the vaccine after being bitten.

I got bit by a brown recluse when I was 3. We had just moved to a new house and I was in the garage playing around with some of the boxes and one bit me on my palm underneath my right thumb. I can't remember too much of it except going to the doctor, but my mom remembers the bite area turning black and the skin pretty much just decaying away and falling off. It wasn't that big of a deal though since I was so young and got on medication for the bite immediately. I have no scar. I like to think I've done my time in terms of getting bitten by something poisonous.:)

I'm usually killing it.

When I found that black widow in my garage, I sprayed it to death with bug spray then cut it in half with hedge clippers to be sure.

Heh, heh, nice.

I would have dusted off and nuked the planet from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. [/aliens reference]

:silly:

Archived