Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sex offender or hormonal teenager?

China

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Boy's family fights sex charges

MEQUON, Wis., Dec. 8 (UPI) -- Several teenage girls in Mequon, Wis., say they object to a classmate being criminally prosecuted for allegedly touching them inappropriately.

The girls, in court affidavits, said they did not feel degraded by the boy, now 14, and don't want to see him prosecuted for five counts of fourth-degree sexual assault, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Monday.

The boy's parents, who admit their son behaved inappropriately, said he is guilty only of disorderly conduct and could be tagged as a sex offender if prosecutors succeed with their case, the Journal Sentinel reported, noting the family's identity has been withheld to protect the identity of the juvenile.

The boy is to appear in court Feb. 3 for an evidentiary hearing in which experts will give their opinion on whether a 13-year-old boy can be sexually aroused by grabbing a girl's buttocks, the newspaper reported.

Prosecutors allege the boy several times in 2007 and in June 2008, when he was 13, grabbed the girls' buttocks or their breasts, licked a girl's neck and tickled a girl in the stomach.

The boy is to appear in court Feb. 3 for an evidentiary hearing in which experts will give their opinion on whether a 13-year-old boy can be sexually aroused by grabbing a girl's buttocks, the newspaper reported.

When I was 13, I could get sexually aroused by riding on the bus with my books on my lap. Grabbing a girl's buttocks... forget about it.

I have problems with what defines a sex offender in the first place.

For example, that kid that was a football player and locked up for several years for having consensual sex with his girlfriend at the time, who was 2 years younger than him.

I'm sorry, that kid should not be labeled as a sex offender.

A rapist, a pedophile, molestor, etc. Certainly a sex offender.

Grabbing a butt though ? Ehh. I am not defending this kid and do believe that his actions may have been in poor taste...but a sex offender ? Not so much. Butt grabbing is not sex.

Great example of why you can't trust the government with more police powers. The "sex offender" tag seemed like a good idea, but as many warned now it's being used incorrectly. It has the potential or ruining the lives on anyone that gets nailed with it and DA's are more concerned about how many wins they get are trying to stick on everyone.

A 13 year old? That DA should be fired and disgraced. Anyone that would try to ruin the life of a child like this, that didn't hurt anyone, should never be given the kind of power of his office.

Great example of why you can't trust the government with more police powers. The "sex offender" tag seemed like a good idea, but as many warned now it's being used incorrectly. It has the potential or ruining the lives on anyone that gets nailed with it and DA's are more concerned about how many wins they get are trying to stick on everyone.

A 13 year old? That DA should be fired and disgraced. Anyone that would try to ruin the life of a child like this, that didn't hurt anyone, should never be given the kind of power of his office.

I completely agree: And we want to add Universal Healthcare and Universal roads and they own the Banks, cars, mortgages.

What could possibly go wrong when a kid that should be suspended is going to be labeled sex offender if a prosecutor gets his way.

Archived