Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

Hmmmm,I say Matt Damon. (''Bourne Identity'' Damon,not ''There's Something About Mary'' Damon.

Really? I thought he's done a slew of great movies. The Bourne Movies, Oceans 11, The Departed, Mr. Ripley, Dogma, Saving Private Ryan.

Not to mention one of my all time favorites, Good Will Hunting, which he wrote the script for (an amazing script at that).

I actually think he's my favorite actor along with Denzel.

Spaceman started the thread off great and somehow his point was lost. It's not about GOOD MOVIES. It's about acting. Pacino has been in some of the greatest movies. But he's always Pacino. In scent of a woman he was a blind Al Pacino for example.

Tom Cruise can show emotional range but at the end of the day he's Tom Cruise sad, Tom Cruise mad, Tom Cruise crippled. Keanu "whoa" Reeves on the other hand is always Keanu and has no emotional range at all. He takes bad acting to another level he just reads the lines.

I would add DeNiro but the dude played frankenstien and that sure as hell wasn't deniro the undead... he went completely into a different mode even if the movie was kind of 'meh'.

I am going to have to agree with Larry - John Wayne is the ultimate non-acting actor. He's he same damn thing in every movie.

Edit: Johnny Depp? Are you insane! That guy damn near reinvents himself with every role. For example:

Cpt Jack Sparrow

Ichabod Crane

Donnie Brasco / Joseph D. 'Joe' Pistone

Those characters were not even similar in the way he played them. Depp is one of the greatest actors of our generation.

I thought Depp was an awesome Capt. Jack Sparrow but I'm not sure that too many of his other characters have been all that great.

I liked Depp in Sweeney Todd, Ed Wood, Sleepy Hollow...the guy is one of my favorites and seems to have a pretty good acting range.

Archived