Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

Lately Vince Vaughn has played the same guy "Fred Claus, The Break Up". BUt the guy was really loved by the indy circuit before he did Old School. His role in Domestic Disturbance was kinda creepy. Swingers was good as well. His Psycho role wasn't that great, but I think he has some range to him if he chooses those roles. I think he's been pigeon-holed into a funny guy now.

I can't believe this thread is 10 pages long and no one has mentioned Ben Stiller.

I'm almost positive I've never laughed at a single Ben Stiller joke in any of his movies, yet I know many people that regard him as a brilliant comedic actor. I don't see it.

From the female side, I'd second a previous nomination of Rene' Zellweger.

And those of you nominating Denzel Washington are absolutely crazy. Yes, he's played a few roles as an everyman, but he's also played an amazing bad guy (Training Day), an inspiring slave/soldier (Glory), a drunkard looking for revenge (Man on Fire), an athlete victim to injustice (The Hurricane), a dead-on historical depiction (Malcom X) and a dozen other roles that I can't picture any other actor even remotely coming as close to his performance. He's nailed soldiers (Crimson Tide, Glory, Antwone Fischer), lawyers (Pelican Brief, Philadelphia), and athletes (He Got Game, Remember the Titans, The Hurricane.)

What more do you want?

Lately Vince Vaughn has played the same guy "Fred Claus, The Break Up".

He's excelled at the "disagreeable boyfriend" recently.

I can't believe this thread is 10 pages long and no one has mentioned Ben Stiller.

Every role of his is the neurotic bad liar who ALWAYS gets caught in his lie and has to tell an even crazier lie to get out of it.

All time most over-rated imo is Nicholas Cage, though John Wayne is a good pick too.

But John Wayne is at least endearing. Cage just looks like a doofus who needs to tuck his lower lip in. He really does just play himself every time.

Also, I never understood Meryl Streep.

Tobey Maguire and Keanu Reeves get my vote as the most overrated actors. They completely suck. Keanu gets a lot of fireworks for the Matrix, but IMO it was the whole script and the "new theme" factor that made that movie trilogy so popular. Tobey just sucks, period :D

As for actresses, I have to give yet another vote to Renee Zellwegger.

And did someone seriously said Denzel is overrated?! wtf?! That's an insult. He is one of the best hollywood actors alive.

I'm almost positive I've never laughed at a single Ben Stiller joke in any of his movies, yet I know many people that regard him as a brilliant comedic actor. I don't see it.

From the female side, I'd second a previous nomination of Rene' Zellweger.

And those of you nominating Denzel Washington are absolutely crazy. Yes, he's played a few roles as an everyman, but he's also played an amazing bad guy (Training Day), an inspiring slave/soldier (Glory), a drunkard looking for revenge (Man on Fire), an athlete victim to injustice (The Hurricane), a dead-on historical depiction (Malcom X) and a dozen other roles that I can't picture any other actor even remotely coming as close to his performance. He's nailed soldiers (Crimson Tide, Glory, Antwone Fischer), lawyers (Pelican Brief, Philadelphia), and athletes (He Got Game, Remember the Titans, The Hurricane.)

What more do you want?

I want him to go full retard.

And BTW douche, I said that, I thought we wuz friends.

Archived