Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

Now don't get it twisted, this isn't about who you think sucks. This is about who you think is overrated. They might be good, but not THAT good as everyone thinks.

As much as it pains me to say, I think Pacino takes the cake for me. I think he's a great actor, he's great at what he does...REALLY great. But there isn't much of a range there.

That said, I love his movies.

That should get this thread started off, hopefully :)

Collin Ferrell. Seriously why is he famous? I just don't get it.

Hmmm, how could Tom Cruise be overrated? Imo he should have won an Academy Award by now with all the great movies he's been in.

I dunno, I think he's awful and people consider him to be a good/great actor.

I don't like him or much of anything that he's been in.

You hated Born on the 4th of July???? Jerry Maguire? Seriously out of all the actors that have been hosed out of an Academy Award he's right there at or near the top. Recently he's been pretty crappy though.

edit: I can't believe I forgot Rain Man.

You hated Born on the 4th of July???? Jerry Maguire? Seriously out of all the actors that have been hosed out of an Academy Award he's right there at or near the top. Recently he's been pretty crappy though.

Born on the 4th didn't do much for me, Jerry Maguire was ok and Top Gun was terrible.

Thats right, I said it.

Top Gun sucks.

Hmmmm,I say Matt Damon. (''Bourne Identity'' Damon,not ''There's Something About Mary'' Damon.

Duuuuuude go watch the Talented Mr. Ripley and tell me Matt Damon can't act. I can't believe I was rooting for the bad guy in a movie so much.

I would say Jack Nicholson. The guy really hasn't had a great part since Chinatown or the Shining and has become a self-parody.

Cruise can act. Go rent Born on the 4th of July.

Sucks that I already used this movie earlier but Jack was great in The Departed and also As Good As It Gets.

Cruise can act. Go rent Born on the 4th of July.

Already tried. Darrell doesn't like him in that movie.

Oh and Keanu Reeves. Yeah of course he's a crappy actor but that's what makes him so funny to watch. Besides he's in 3 movies that I love. Speed, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and The Matrix.:)

Archived