Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

I am now convinced people don't really read the OP's on ES or they simply don't understand the purpose of this thread OR they're just hoping for someone to read their post.

seriously...who considers Amy Smart a great actress? Mark Wahlburg also.

You have to be rated to be overrated. :notworthy

I am now convinced people don't really read the OP's on ES or they simply don't understand the purpose of this thread OR they're just hoping for someone to read their post.

seriously...who considers Amy Smart a great actress? Mark Wahlburg also.

I consider Mark a very good actor. From Basketball Diaries, Boogie Nights, 4 Brothers, The Departed he has done some good work.

Its wierd that 2 of my favorite actors are The Fresh Prince and Marky Mark..whoda thunk that one?

Serious.

Almost anyone could play Captain Jack. Depp gets far too much credit for that role.

Rebuttal.

Draw, in your mind, an image: John Wayne as Captain Jack.

I'll wait.

I assert to you, that the image that's now in your head, proves two things:

1) Johny Depp can act.

2) John Wayne can't.

Heath Ledger- I call this the "Brandon Lee" syndrome. Once an actor dies before his last film is released, his performance automatically becomes his masterpeice, even if it truely wasn't.

False.

Ledger's performance was getting hyped before his death.

You don't hear anyone talking about John Candy's posthumous roles, do you?

For you Tom Cruise bashers, see Collateral. What other superstar decides to play a bad guy and suceeds. Cruise is perfect in that film.

Tom Cruise stars as Tom Cruise the bad guy. Still the same Tom Cruise. If you want to see a well played bad guy see Denzel in Training Day.

Chevy Chase and Dan Akroyd. never thought they were funny and yet everyone claims they are comedic geniuses

I agree with these ones... And also John Wayne and Jack Nicholson... (was in some great movies-- a LOOOOONG time ago--- but he always played himself

one that I am surprised not to have heard... Dustin Hoffman. I liked a bunch of his movies (graduate, Little Big Man, Tootsie) but he ALWAYS either plays himself, or overacts to the point where he is a cartoon. He is an adequate actor... but TOTALLY over-rated

Matthew McConaughey.

Besides Dazed and Confused, and MAYBE U-571, most of his stuff is pretty awful. Yet, women love him, so he keeps getting roles.

I bet nobody is putting him because we all know he is a Redskins fan. I hate hippies though.

Did you see him in A Time to Kill?

Archived