Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

Tom Cruise doesn't even speak with a German accent in his new film that is getting ready to open. Poor Tom either doesn't have the acting skills to learn a German accent or perhaps he wasn't given enough time to learn one. Him speaking perfect English (like we Americans speak it....it's amazing that a WWII German conspirator against Hitler can speak such good English!), causes the movie to be flawed at the outset. Oh yes....Mr. Cruise is the most over-rated of all of the actors in Hollywood.

NOTE - John Travolta (how many bad movies can this guy keep making?) , George Clooney and Brad Pitt are on the list too.

I'd list ine as Denzel Washington possibly. He's possibly my favorite actor, and I know a lot of people that regard him as the best. But if you think about it, he's never shown great range as an actor. I've heard people call him the black Tom Hanks, but Tom Hanks played a retard, a foreigner, etc.

I'd list ine as Denzel Washington possibly. He's possibly my favorite actor, and I know a lot of people that regard him as the best. But if you think about it, he's never shown great range as an actor. I've heard people call him the black Tom Hanks, but Tom Hanks played a retard, a foreigner, etc.

I hate Tom Hanks as a serious actor, he needs to go back to comedy.

I hate Tom Hanks as a serious actor, he needs to go back to comedy.

Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor, but he needs to do a better job picking scripts. Seems like for every good movie he picks, he picks two others that suck. Plus, he should have never signed on to a Da Vinci Code sequel, the first one was trash. We know he's rich already, how about not making more ****ty movies just for the big paycheck.

I'll second Nicholas Cage.

Though, don't mistake that for me not liking the guy's films. I still enjoy The Rock (quite possibly my favorite action flick ever), National Treasure trilogy, and even Con Air. But I don't enjoy them because his acting really connects with the audience... He's just in entertaining movies.

Samuel L Jackson.

He doesn't have much range at all.

However, like I said before, I love what he offers anyways.

If Will Smith had not done Ali or Pursuit of Happyness, I'd say he was overrated because of limited range, but the guy can act. Just seems to get typecasted in the same role a lot (Independence Day, Bad Boys, Men In Black)

Dude, Spaceman. Pacino was the first person I thought of.

I think he's alright but not damn near as good as everyone thinks. I don't really get it.

Well like others have mentioned with other actors he's sort of typecast. You know what you're gonna get when you go to a Pacino movie...he's gonna show up and be...Pacino. And even if the movie is bad, he's gonna have a great scene or two.

But right now I'm watching Godfather II and Kay just dropped the bomb that she had the abortion. That scene is pretty amazing. The look on his face says it all.

Now I think DeNiro is better....his comedies are great.

I think Will Ferrell is overrated...."Hey, I'm Will Ferrell! I'm going to act out of it and like I don't know what's going on! Isn't that funny! I'm Will Ferrell!!" He's funny at times, but not a comedic genius by any stretch of the imagination.

Al Pacino lives up to ALL of the hype. Rent Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, And Liberty and Justice For All, and the first 2 GODFATHER movies......WATCH them all......and you'll never again think the GREAT AL PACINO is over-rated. Al Pacino not getting the Oscar for Godfather II is the biggest injustice ever in Academy Award history (the Oscar went to Art Carney that year).

Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp top my list.

Tom Hanks? Really?

Philadelphia? Forrest Gump? Cast Away? Saving Private Ryan? Charlie Wilson's War?

I think he was subpar in Da Vinci Code (which I think had suspect directing), and alot of people didn't like his role in The Ladykillers (which I thought was great btw), but overrated? If he doesn't live up to the hype, who really does?

Archived