Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most overrated actor/actress thread

Spaceman Spiff

Tom Hanks? Really?

Philadelphia? Forrest Gump? Cast Away? Saving Private Ryan? Charlie Wilson's War?

I think he was subpar in Da Vinci Code (which I think had suspect directing), and alot of people didn't like his role in The Ladykillers (which I thought was great btw), but overrated? If he doesn't live up to the hype, who really does?

Sleepless in Seattle, BIG; ETC.

That's a ludicrous pick for most overrated.

Will Smith. I can't stand him.

He may be my favorite young actor.

For you Tom Cruise bashers, see Collateral. What other superstar decides to play a bad guy and suceeds. Cruise is perfect in that film.
I watched Tropic Thunder and didn't realize it was him until half way through. He was good in that.

You guys are crazy for some of your picks. They can't all be a Gene Hackman.

For you Tom Cruise bashers, see Collateral. What other superstar decides to play a bad guy and suceeds. Cruise is perfect in that film.

Agreed about Collateral. Fantastic film, and Cruise nailed the part (on a side note, Jamie Foxx was money as well).

Nicholas Cage and Keanau Reaves take that cake for this discussion. I was thinking that Kevin Costner really fell off, but then I saw Thirteen Days and The Guardian. He may not be up for any Oscars anytime soon but he was solid in both of those movies.

Tom Cruise is a douchebag outside of acting but Valkrie looks like it could be something special.

Someone said Al Pacino and I agree. His last good flick was Devil's Advocate.

Jamie Foxx was never a good actor. He got that oscar for being an impressionist. If thats all it takes then Rich Little should get an Oscar.

Jessica Alba. GREAT to look at, but name ONE movie that was good because she was in it?

Oh my list could go on forever.

Leo Dicaprio- some stuff is good, others is great, but a lot is really, really bad.

Joaquin Pheonix- his role in Gladiator cemented this one for me.

Tom Cruise- nuff said.

Renee Zelewiger- I've had 6 year olds tell me lies more convincing than her acting.

Heath Ledger- I call this the "Brandon Lee" syndrome. Once an actor dies before his last film is released, his performance automatically becomes his masterpeice, even if it truely wasn't.

Barbra Steisand- good singer, horrible actress.

the Rock- one raised eyebrow does not make a good actor.

Vin Diesel- a deep voice and shaved head don't make a good actor either.

Chris Tucker- There is a reason he only does Rush Hour movies, cause he can't play any other role.

Will Smith. I can't stand him.

I'm glad someone else said it! Can't stand him either.

Independence day= Terrible

Men In Black= Wasted an hour and half of my life

Ali = Wasn't impressed

Pursuit of..= I'll say was pretty good

Bad Boys= The first one I liked, but after that not so much

Archived