Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World Leaders Don't Shake Bush's Hand

footballhenry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRMAAXNHkh8

Above is a link to segment CNN ran on how the World Leader's at this past G-20 Summit literally ignore Bush for the most part and don't shake his hand. I have to admit, even though I have been highly critical of his policies I actually feel a swell of empathy for the man. You can see that he looks up numerous times only to not be acknowledged; true, its hard to tell if he made a real attempt to shake hands himself but even so it's truly sad to see an American President treated in this manner. Also, the commentary of the CNN anchor is pretty rude if you ask me (saying how many hits Bush and Bully get when 'googled' together...real scientific :doh: ).

Yeah, that's pitiful behavior on the other world leaders part. I can't believe grown adults attending a major summit to discuss this crisis can't summon the common decency to shake a colleague's hand.

And the CNN commentator is a jackass for saying what he did..."this may be a case of what goes around comes around, maybe not." Why would a reporter even say something like that, it adds nothing to the piece except to clearly reveal his own personal bias; something that should never happen on CNN because they are a completely neutral news outlet....riiiggght.

I heard someone say that he had already individually greeted the other leaders as they arrived.

Not sure if this is true...but it seems plausible to me.

Hopefully that is the case. I can't understand why they'd do something like that unless they'd already been greeted by Bush or they were just pitiful people...I hope it's the former. :)

The CNN guy was an absolute jerk if that's what he said and the behavior was abhorant whether they met at the door or not. He is the President of the U.S. and rates civility and respect just as any other World Leader does. Check your personal feelings to the side. Every world leader (for the sake of general diplomacy if nothing else) deserves a modicum of proper ettiquette. I don't care if it's Castro, or Amadiniedjad (butchered spelling) or whomever.

It is not President Bush who is insulted it is the United States. He represents us and when they fail to acknowledge him or act courteously to him, they are thumbing their nose at us.

I guess it isn't quite reasonable for everyone to shake everyone's hands, but on the other hand why not. It would take an extra five minutes.

Hopefully that is the case. I can't understand why they'd do something like that unless they'd already been greeted by Bush or they were just pitiful people...I hope it's the former. :)

The Administration is saying he wasn't snubbed because he had just individually greeted each one of the leaders just before, you can see the video of it too. I don't think it was a snub, just odd that he didn't continue to shake hands, IMO no big deal.

Here's the CNN video that shows what happened.

"The Snub that Wasn't"

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/11/20/moos.bush.not.ignored.cnn

This is about the same as the clip of Obama not having his hand on his heart during the national anthem and thinking it meant he hated America.

It's nothing. Some of those world leaders have spoken about how much they like Bush (In person). I'm sure Bush either already greeted them.....

Either that or they all saw him pick his nose earlier....

The Administration is saying he wasn't snubbed because he had just individually greeted each one of the leaders just before, you can see the video of it too. I don't think it was a snub, just odd that he didn't continue to shake hands, IMO no big deal.

Here's the CNN video that shows what happened.

"The Snub that Wasn't"

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/11/20/moos.bush.not.ignored.cnn

So they're calling out their own guy?

I still think it was in poor taste that he wasn't even acknowledged. That said, I'm actually relieved that at least they greeted diplomatically before this 'photo-op'.

On a side-note, who makes these tags? Just for the record, I don't hate Bush at all...I passionately disagree with his policies but I do believe the man himself very well may be a good person at heart.

The man is a smart**s to people around him. He's always making up nicknames for people, like "stretch," "fats" etc. Basically, disrepectful to people who work for him.

He's a middle-aged adolescent loser, who got to be President because of his father. He has no oratory skills beyond the frat house banter he's supposedly so good at. It's no surprise world leaders view him similarly.

What a waste of eight perfectly good years. Good riddance. Maybe he'll climb back into that bottle again.

He could come to my house and I wouldn't shake his hand. Hell, I'd slam the door in his face and tell him to GTFO my property. That man has ruined this country and its image.

Archived