Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush's Midnight Regulations

AsburySkinsFan

Everything that Obama screws up will be so because he inherited such an awful situation from Bush.

These next 4 years will be amazing. No presidential criticism at all. You'll see a **** ton of excuse making.

In all fairness, everything Bush screwed up in his 1st term was because of "how badly Clinton ****ed everything up". It goes both ways.

Everything that Obama screws up will be so because he inherited such an awful situation from Bush.

These next 4 years will be amazing. No presidential criticism at all. You'll see a **** ton of excuse making.

Worked for the Republicans for 6 years.

(And they're still trying to use it. It's just not working any more.)

In all fairness, everything Bush screwed up in his 1st term was because of "how badly Clinton ****ed everything up". It goes both ways.
Worked for the Republicans for 6 years.

(And they're still trying to use it. It's just not working any more.)

Haha you guys are ridiculous. Nevermind the fact that Obama said he'll fix everything, you guys are already getting ready to make excuses! :D

Please show me ta link to where Barack Obama said "I'll fix everything"

Ahhh, here we go......sorry I don't have a "direct quote" for you.

Let's see what he promised when he gave his nom acceptance speech:

End poverty domestically

End poverty worldwide

Give housing to homeless vets

Give people more days off from work

Create more jobs

Help people save more money

Increase the average family’s income

Build new roads

Provide a “royal class” education to every child

End independence of Middle East oil in 10 years

Make nuclear power safer

Retool the domestic auto industry

Make fuel-efficient cars cheaper

Get better teachers and pay them more

Send every American to college

Lower health care costs

Get women better pay

Increase sick leave policies

Expand personal bankruptcy protection

Capture Osama Bin Laden

End the war in Iraq

Protect Israel and Georgia

Defeat Al-Qaeda

Increase military spending

End nuclear proliferation

End genocide

End the spread of disease

Make the rest of the world love America

End political partisanship

Unite the country

Reduce unwanted pregnancies

Take guns away from criminals while giving them to hunters

End discrimination against gays

End the hiring of illegal immigrants

Change the culture of Washington

http://thedooryard.typepad.com/the_dooryard/2008/08/obama-will-fix.html

Fully aware it's some guys blog and you'll discredit that, but I don't care enough to fact check it all.

So while he never directly said he'll "Fix everything" he did say he'll change the culture of Washington.

He's doing a bang up job already with his cabinet members.

Nevermind the fact that no he didn't, you're already getting ready to make blame.

Nope. I've gone on record as saying I hope he's a good president and I'll give him credit when credit is due.

I just think he'll coast through these next 4 and perhaps 8 years free of criticism, just like he skated to the White House.

So unless Bush plans to do something like, say, sell the Panama Canal to Halliburton for 23 bucks worth of beads, I don't really see the outrage.

Who has the Panama Canal now? Did Jimmy Carter do something about that in his admistration?

I use the Panama Canal on a regular basis and I can tell you it sucks now. The Panamanians don't know how to even cut the grass around there.

End poverty domestically
so he wants to work to make life easier for Americans
End poverty worldwide
never heard him say that
Give housing to homeless vets
Who is he to want to give the men and women that fought for our country
Give people more days off from work
never head him say that either
Create more jobs
What Presidential candidate from ANY party has ever said "I want to lose jobs under my administration?"
Help people save more money
See above
Increase the average family’s income
The audacity of him for wanting to work to make Americans better off
Build new roads
They all promise that
Provide a “royal class” education to every child
They all promise that too
End independence of Middle East oil in 10 years
When JFK said we will go to the moon in 10 years was that also aiming too high?
Make nuclear power safer
And that's a bad thing?
Retool the domestic auto industry
Given the current state of things do you think that's something he shouldn't work on?
Make fuel-efficient cars cheaper
that can be done
Get better teachers and pay them more
that should be done
Send every American to college
in EXCHANGE for them serving their country
Lower health care costs
John McCain wanted to do that too
Get women better pay
that cold-hearted ****
Increase sick leave policies
see above
Expand personal bankruptcy protection
see above as well
Capture Osama Bin Laden
John McCain said that as well
End the war in Iraq
John McCain said that too
Protect Israel and Georgia
And that
Defeat Al-Qaeda
John McCain also said that
Increase military spending
And that
End nuclear proliferation
Every POTUS candidate says that
End genocide
Do you think we should allow genocide to continue?
End the spread of disease
He's a humanitarian at heart
Make the rest of the world love America
Again, every candidate promises to expand America's prestige around the world
End political partisanship
they all say that too
Unite the country
Again, what POTUS candidate hasn't said that
Reduce unwanted pregnancies
I think that is a GOOD thing to strive for
Take guns away from criminals while giving them to hunters
again, is that a bad thing?
End discrimination against gays
you think discrimination should be tolerated?
End the hiring of illegal immigrants
John McCain said that too
Change the culture of Washington
they all say that too

Everything you listed there are things that John McCain and Sarah Palin said they would do. And the beauty about being POTUS is that you have ALOT, and I mean ALOTTTTTTTTTT of people that work for you who want to help you achieve your goals.

For example. His Secretaries of Transportation and Energy will work on the fuel efficient cars and getting America off oil, while his Health and Human Services Secretary will SIMULTANEOUSLY work to make health care more affordable. See how that works?

Everything you listed there are things that John McCain and Sarah Palin said they would do. And the beauty about being POTUS is that you have ALOT, and I mean ALOTTTTTTTTTT of people that work for you who want to help you achieve your goals.

For example. His Secretaries of Transportation and Energy will work on the fuel efficient cars and getting America off oil, while his Health and Human Services Secretary will SIMULTANEOUSLY work to make health care more affordable. See how that works?

If he can do it, great.

At the end of the day, he's a politician and he'll say anything for a vote.

Like I said, I hope he does well and I hope he turns this country around. If he does, I'll give him credit and praise.

I'll give President Obama the first year. He really won't have much of an impact policy wise, but could psycology wise

After that I hope he does really really well. I hope we won't have to hear excuses

I don't understand why so many republicans in this thread are pretending to be against this. What Bush did is your party platform on the environment. Is the problem that he did it this way, as in you'd celebrate it had he done it before the election or if congress passed it? The actually actions are completely in line with the GOP otherwise.

Looking at the things Bush did here you'd think the republicans members on the board would be thrilled. This is your platform, that you vote in support of, coming to pass. Hooray?

I don't understand why so many republicans in this thread are pretending to be against this. What Bush did is your party platform on the environment. Is the problem that he did it this way, as in you'd celebrate it had he done it before the election or if congress passed it? The actually actions are completely in line with the GOP otherwise.

Looking at the things Bush did here you'd think the republicans members on the board would be thrilled. This is your platform, that you vote in support of, coming to pass. Hooray?

Not exactly, no it isn't.

If Kolbert were to write a similarly piece on Clinton's last months it might say, "Clinton has entered into his own midnight period, and it promises to be a dark time indeed. Among his many officious acts, this administration has performed a land grab, stealing away large swaths of territory from the American people in a move eerily reminiscent of the darkest days of the Roman Catholic Church."

Clearly, there's a bias here. What were the regulations Bush sidestepped? Where they working? Were they hurting workers in unintended ways? I'd like more information about the efficacy of the regulations he's wiping away before making a call on their value to our society.

Regardless, no president should push anything through this way. Its cowardly.

Nope. I've gone on record as saying I hope he's a good president and I'll give him credit when credit is due.

I just think he'll coast through these next 4 and perhaps 8 years free of criticism, just like he skated to the White House.

Umm... he hasn't even been sworn in yet and already there's been criticism of him. The News Hour was criticizing his Health Care Proposals yesterday. I've heard lots of criticism on the Cabinet picks.

This is just an empty statement and more, you know it's untrue. News makes money off ratings and controversy. The talking heads and National News aren't all going to simply retire and faun for four or eight years. They will be happy to jump on any mistakes that happen. As they were with Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, etc. None of them had a criticism free Presidency and no one ever will.

I mean, how do you in one thread rip people to shreds for having the audacity to criticize Obama's hiring decisions, and then start another criticizing Bush for executing powers that we granted him?

I don't get it.

That's funny H_H because the hackery involved in damning the "change" because of a person Obama picks before a SINGLE policy decision is made is MUCH different than criticizing the actual policy decisions that Bush is ramming down our throats in the last minutes before he leaves office. I'm not critizing Bush's staffers nor his cabinet choices before they have ever made an official decision, instead I'm criticizing them precisely for the actual policy decisions that THEY are making that will hurt the American people.

So, how do you feel about the POLICIES that Bush is making right now with these midnight regulations? Do you like them? If so why? If not then level the gun and fire, and stop trying the derail the topic.

Yeah, he'll coast straight through these next four years criticism free....just like the last two weeks right? Oh, that's right...what HAVEN'T you guys criticized about Obama in the last two weeks. :doh:

Archived