Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush's Midnight Regulations

AsburySkinsFan

I guess since he didn't screw us over enough in the last 8 years he figured that he might as well go out batting 1.000. :mad: :redpunch: :evil: :tantrum: :finger: :shutup: :pooh: :censored: :stop: :thumbsup: :ciao: :security: :confused: :shot: :dunce: :nono: :hammer: :kungfu: :soapbox: :stick: :slap: :cuss: :doh1: :loser: :laythehur: :moon:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27765013/

Now, of course, Bush has entered into his own midnight period, and it promises to be a dark time indeed. Among the many new regulations—or, rather, deregulations—the Administration has proposed are rules that would: make it harder for the government to limit workers’ exposure to toxins, eliminate environmental review from decisions affecting fisheries, and ease restrictions on companies that blow up mountains to get at the coal underneath them. Other midnight regulations in the works include rules to allow “factory farms” to ignore the Clean Water Act, rules making it tougher for employees to take family or medical leave, and rules that would effectively gut the Endangered Species Act. Most regulations are subject to public input; such is the sense of urgency that the Administration has brought to the task of despoliation that the Interior Department completed its “review” of two hundred thousand public comments on the endangered-species rules in just four days, a feat that, one congressional aide calculated, required each staff member involved to read through comments at the rate of seven per minute. “So little time, so much damage” is how the Times recently put it.

Shame on him for acting exactly like Bill Clinton when he left. Presidents shouldnt have this kind of strange "end of the regime" power that they have. This, pardons, etc. I doubt were in the minds of the FFs when they were giving the POTUS powers in the Consttitution.

This really is shady as hell.

Shame on him for acting exactly like Bill Clinton when he left. Presidents shouldnt have this kind of strange "end of the regime" power that they have. This, pardons, etc. I doubt were in the minds of the FFs when they were giving the POTUS powers in the Consttitution.

This really is shady as hell.

You're so cute with all of your straw man type arguing, just adorable. BTW, check the rules that he's passing. :doh:

You're so cute with all of your straw man type arguing, just adorable. BTW, check the rules that he's passing. :doh:

Im agreeing with you.

Im just also pointing out the typical left wing hypocrisy when doing so.

I hate that he is doing crap like this. But the difference is, I hated it when Clinton did it as well.

lol I knew something was up when the Bush administration came out and promised to make the transition as smooth as possible.

My favorite provision is the one where they lower drinking water standards for federal employees. What the hell does that accomplish other than a big eff you to our military/federal workforce?

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/c-execorders.html

http://www.americanpolicy.org/more/dangerinthefinaldays.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/11/obama-white-house-usa

Just a few.

The opposite side of this is exactly what Bush did and exactly what Obama is planning to do, and that is issue orders immediately to reverse all of the crazy stuff once he has taken office.

Just a few.

The opposite side of this is exactly what Bush did and exactly what Obama is planning to do, and that is issue orders immediately to reverse all of the crazy stuff once he has taken office.

The problem is that any of the rules that Bush puts into place before tomorrow go into affect before Obama takes office, as such those will require the Senate to undo, which is a much more difficult proposition, my guess is that all the really ugly ones will be issued first. I'm sorry, but some of the things he's issuing really make me want to hate him.

Is it just me or have even the most objective, level-headed, and investigative posters been reduced to little more than partisan hacks these days?

I mean, how do you in one thread rip people to shreds for having the audacity to criticize Obama's hiring decisions, and then start another criticizing Bush for executing powers that we granted him?

I don't get it.

Just a few.

He wrote executive orders to set aside large tracts of land as national monuments. He wrote executive orders to restructure federalism. He wrote executive orders adding "sexual orientation" to laws on federal hiring. He wrote executive orders prohibiting federal contractors from hiring permanent striker replacements. . One of President Clinton's last-minute regulations concerned "ergonomic standards" for employers. These rules require that typists have wrist pads, adjustable-height chairs, and good lumbar support. Another last-minute action by President Clinton was the executive order that banned new roads on nearly 60 million acres of public lands. President Clinton also locked up valuable natural resources when he created the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument and the American Heritage Rivers Initiative.

In the coming days, Clinton may well be snatching up land like never before. He has already planned several new monument sites in various western states that would lock up hundreds of thousands acres. The Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains National Monument is one such land grab that is awaiting Clinton’s signature any day now. This monument would seal off 272,000 acres of land, and is already being protested by locals who need the mountains for both recreation and industry.

In addition to his monumental land grabs, Clinton is poised to implement his infamous “roadless initiative” by making an end-run around Congress and simply directing the Forest Service to carry out his orders. This roadless plan would prohibit the construction of new roads in over 40 million acres of national forest land."

Oh boy Kilmer, what a criminal :rolleyes:. Your right about how this is the opposite of what Dubya is doing. Turning his polluting buddies loose to ruin what's left of the environment.

Is it just me or have even the most objective, level-headed, and investigative posters been reduced to little more than partisan hacks these days?

I mean, how do you in one thread rip people to shreds for having the audacity to criticize Obama's hiring decisions, and then start another criticizing Bush for executing powers that we granted him?

I don't get it.

I do.

For 8 years half of the posters here have been on the attack. Attacking every single thing W and the Republicans have done

Now that the shoe is going to be on the other foot, they want to get their last licks in before they have to play defense, and in particular in 2 years with an awful economy showing no signs of recovery, having to take responsibility for the mess

Its not gonna be fun for them having to defend the "messiah" from legit criticism, but at least they know they'll have elections in the bag over the next generation, because all conservatives will be able to do is critique, seeing how they'll be out of power for the rest of our lives

Yeah, that's why I'm not really worried.

AFAIK, everything his administration does has to be published, (meaning when Obama comes in, he'll have a list of what's been done), and I also assume that anything that can be done by Executive Fiat can be undone the same way.

So unless Bush plans to do something like, say, sell the Panama Canal to Halliburton for 23 bucks worth of beads, I don't really see the outrage.

What's he going to do, give Big Coal an exemption from the EPA for three months?

OK, after reading the rest of the posts in this thread, a Question:

Is there anything W can do simply within the Executive Branch, that the Executive Branch can't undo in January 21st?

There's nothing he can't undo. However, there are some loop holes. One thing they talk about is mandatory repairs to stop pollution for power plants that are having serious work done on them. If you can get it so your power plant work is being done in the time frame between the administrations after Bush changes things and Obama changes them back, then your safe.

I don't like President's doing this, but its really just sloppy legislation. Who that it was a good idea to allow the Dept. of Interior to just say they have reviewed the comments and not require and proof that they were actually reviewed?

I don't get it.

That's why I voted for Barr. I hedged my bet.:)

It will be nice when we can get back to the intelligent conversations we had up to, and including during, the primaries.

Its not gonna be fun for them having to defend the "messiah" from legit criticism, but at least they know they'll have elections in the bag over the next generation, because all conservatives will be able to do is critique, seeing how they'll be out of power for the rest of our lives

Everything that Obama screws up will be so because he inherited such an awful situation from Bush.

These next 4 years will be amazing. No presidential criticism at all. You'll see a **** ton of excuse making.

Archived