Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I believe that UFC 93 is the saturday before Inauguration.

Cha-CHING! It damn sure is. And it's got two good main events Franklin v Hendo & Shogun v Mark Coleman (@ LHW).

If you guys want to hit a bar and watch it I'm down.

Isn't there a place in Ballston that always gets the PPVs?

I had the Harvest Moon on Halloween and I like it a lot too. They definitely put out a quality selection of beers.

I took a trip to Colorado back in the spring and toured the Coors brewery in Golden. They gave us wristbands that are good for 3 free drinks in the bar at the end of the tour and I ended up spending all 3 of my free drinks on Coors Original. I'd never had it before and they gave us a sample during the tour and I was impressed.

I tried it when I got back and it was still good but not nearly as good as the stuff fresh out of the brewery.

I was working in Denver for the Democratic Convention and had hoped to get to the brewery. No such luck. I hope to get back out there and get a tour. I didnt try Coors Original until about a year or so ago and I think it is by far the best of the big 3.

Bought Blue Moon about 2 months ago and enjoyed it, definitely good. My buddy gave me a couple beers a few months ago and they were "white" beers. Forgot the name of them. It was incredibly insane. Somehow he worked Blue Moon in to the conversation when we were having the beers together, but the stuff wasn't Blue Moon. He basically said it was "kinda like Blue Moon". So I went out and got some, but it didn't compare. Had all sorts of beers but those two I had with my friend stood out. Almost had a minty aftertaste, but it didn't reek of a candy. I know I could be describing a million kinds of beers, but maybe someone has a hunch at what I'm talking about...

I went to Total Wine over the summer and did a "white" beer night. I can't find the name of one of them but the best was in a can. Also, I like Hoegaarden for a white beer. The beerfest in Leesburg during the summer has a big white beer/hefiweizen selection.

I was working in Denver for the Democratic Convention and had hoped to get to the brewery. No such luck. I hope to get back out there and get a tour. I didnt try Coors Original until about a year or so ago and I think it is by far the best of the big 3.

If you do head out there definitely check out the Coors brewery. The Flying Dog brewery is out there too (in Denver I think), next time I'm out there I'm going to check it out.

Cha-CHING! It damn sure is. And it's got two good main events Franklin v Hendo & Shogun v Mark Coleman (@ LHW).

If you guys want to hit a bar and watch it I'm down.

Isn't there a place in Ballston that always gets the PPVs?

Time to up the bets from signatures to smashing pitchers of good beer. I'll take Coleman so I can get smashed.

• 3 months later...
I just bought a 12 pack of Harp just for the day (we're having the neighbors over for supper). $19. :wtf:

Holy ****. For a 12 pack? That's retarded. I picked up a 30 pack of the Smooth Pilsner with All-Natural Ingredients for $14 flat. And it's cold. And I love it.

I was at a friend's house not too long ago, and they had this beer that was absolutely horrible.

I mean, even beer lovers couldn't stand this ****. It was the most bitter thing I've ever had. It was BAD.

If I think of the name of it, I'll post it and save you guys the lemon face.

I'm confused, see.

So far, since I've turned 21, I haven't been able to find a beer I like.

Is it an acquired taste or something? Mixed drinks are fine, but damn.. how can you drink something that tastes so damn nasty?

It really does help if you start drinking a little younger I would say. You get over the nastiness of a beer when you are drinking Beast from the keg in the basement of a frat house trying to get laid. :)

Then you have a real beer and notice the difference and how good beer can be really tasty! I can't say I have become a beer snob yet, but when I drink beer, I definitely go for something a touch more expensive these days.

Of course tonight, I am having a craving for Bud Light Lime for some reason. Since I can't go out and drink green beer, I am tempted.