Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

In the mood for some Brown Ale tonight. Any suggestions?

Brooklyn Brown Ale is the best regulary priced Brown Ale by far. Would get it even if it were a few dollars more.

Samuel Smith's Brown Ale is extremely unique. Tastes like cigars. Think it's around $14 a FOUR pack though.

Dogfish Head has a brown ale/IPA hybrid...their Indian Brown Ale. Probably aware of that one, but just putting it out there.

Anybody remember Pete's Wicked Brown Ale?

That used to be a favorite of mine. But they disappeared. Pete's Brewing was bought up by the Gambrinus Brewing Company, and eventually they discontinued the brand.

Man, that was one of my favorite beers back in the day.  I was ticked when all that nonsense went down.  

I just had a Guinness Blonde, which is their version of an American lager.  It was actually pretty good.  Not to be confused with traditional blonde beers made for women (like Carolina Blonde, etc.).  

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum tonight. Amazingly soft and silky. Maybe the best body on an imperial IPA I've had. Most double IPAs are chock full of caramel or earthy hops. This is grapefruit pushed way up front. Pine & grass enhance the bitterness even more, but more importantly make it more well-rounded. Caramel backbone is solid too. Flavorful, but bitter as heck. Great stuff for hop heads.

Sierra+Nevada+Hoptimum.JPG

Found a winner from Flying Dog Brewery - Bloodline Blood Orange Ale.

bloodlinebottle.png

Persuade the women in your life to stop drinking Blue Moon with a wedge of orange and try this beer instead. It has a really nice balance of hops with the blood orange puree, with that deep citrus orange mingling nicely with the hops at the finish.

Packs a bit of a punch at 7% ABV.

• Like 1

Found a winner from Flying Dog Brewery - Bloodline Blood Orange Ale.

bloodlinebottle.png

Persuade the women in your life to stop drinking Blue Moon with a wedge of orange and try this beer instead. It has a really nice balance of hops with the blood orange puree, with that deep citrus orange mingling nicely with the hops at the finish.

Packs a bit of a punch at 7% ABV.

Had quite a bit of this over the summer. Wasn't as good as I was hoping, but it's still a solid beer. Wasn't as orangy as I was hoping for.

You live out here in Northern, CA? Or are you just visiting?

Just visiting. But it's a relatively short drive to get to Apple Hill from where I live. 

Giving the Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale a try right now. Spectacular? No. But still pretty good. Good World Series Beer ;) 

Went with the Brooklyn Brown Ale over the weekend. **** was delicious....had a few on Friday night...went to a wedding on Saturday and what do you know...they were serving all the Brooklyn Beers...was a good night lol

Here's a pumpkin ale/brown ale hybrid I picked up tonight. Brewery out of Baltimore called Fin City. Never even heard of them. Stuff is delicious. 7% ABV. I'd say it's more of a brown ale than a pumpkin ale, and it kind of reminds me of the Schlafly. Roasted malt is the big difference, this has some charred flavor going on up front. To me, it's what stands out the most. Caramel isn't too far behind, it's got a slick body with pumpkin pie spice in a complimentary role. Highly recommended for brown ale fans. If you want liquid pumpkin pie, this isn't it, but it's definitely a damn good beer.

10714260_10154735641760290_5629824455508

Picked up a Sierra Nevada Winter Pack, and as usual I'm impressed with price point, stylistic range, and general quality. In addition to the flagship Pale, they have the Porter, a white IPA, and a killer coffee stout that I hope finds its way into regular rotation.

Dont throw anything at me peeps, but I just tired Guinness Blonde and it was actually

pretty damn good (in bottle) lol hope to try it on draft some time soon if any of my accounts

tap it

I tried it a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty good.  It's more of a Dirty Blonde lol, and Im sure most will assume it's like a Carolina Blonde or strawberry blonde beer that women drink.  It's anything but that imo.  

Picked up a Sierra Nevada Winter Pack, and as usual I'm impressed with price point, stylistic range, and general quality. In addition to the flagship Pale, they have the Porter, a white IPA, and a killer coffee stout that I hope finds its way into regular rotation.

I'm a little annoyed they toss their regular pale ale into all of the seasonal mix packs. Guess it does make me buy their regular seasonal IPA as well though. Tricky ****s. I'm polishing off a 6er of Celebration Ale.

Bud Light Pumpkin? Shoot me in the face.

Next is Bud Light Pale Ale, you ****ing know it. Then Bud Light IPA, which will literally make me curse out loud in a condescending manner when I see it. Yeah, my beer snobbery will be on full display in front of the two other people in the beer store.

Pumpkin beer is amazing when done right. Pumpkin IPA just sounds like you're trying too hard.