Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need an Anquan Boldin!!!

Renegade7

What I mean by "an Anquan Boldin" is a Wr that needs to be double covered. We couldn't do anything on offense in that game because we couldn't stop Dallas from blitzing us. And why did they blitz us? Because they took Santana out the game and could easily single cover our other receivers. By forcing a defense to chose who to double cover, someone will get open. Our offense isn't respected because it doesn't have the talent to truely be explosive. We have talent, but just not enough. Our o-line doesn't suck, Campbell is a franchise QB, this team is str8 4 years to come. What we need is someone to help take this offense over the top. Waiting for Devin or Mr. Broken knee is not a wise idea, imo. Moss is a good #1, but would be a superior #2. Thoughts?

My thought is that Moss would be like Gary Clark as a #2- the perfect deep threat. He can be a good #1 but with his talents, it's best if we go to him when the defense is napping, rather than try to force the ball to him in double coverage. We need a big, strong, reliable #1 WR that runs flawless routes, has good hands, and therefore demands respect and double coverage schemes. We do not have that #1 and have not since Art Monk left.

I'm holding out faith that Thomas and Kelly will come into their own by next season. I'm not going to brush them under the rug quite yet. I think if one, or both of them, can mature, learn the offense and get some reps in, they'll help greatly by next season.

the more pressing needs are at OLB, DE, and O-line.

I was talking about who were playing for the past 4 years and this year who actually stepped on the field. We really miss Caldwell and Mccardell

Oh in that case, yea we are. I really hope Kelly is our Boldin though. he better play this weekend. I know he's gonna be good. Zorn needs to stop being stupid and put the man in the game.

Archived