Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need an Anquan Boldin!!!

Renegade7

...Waiting for Devin or Mr. Broken knee is not a wise idea, imo....quote]

sounds like the right idea to me. What we are forgetting is this is a first year tenure at coach for Zorn...first year playing for MK and DT, no matter how we look at it...we're rebuilding...let it take its' course...Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelly will be two of the biggest WR names pretty soon...they just look the part!

I have great confidence in our WR corps...trust!

Why not get rid of ARE and Thrash and go sign TJ Houshmanzadah, that might take a little pressure off moss, with Thomas and Kelly coming along. Hopefully he is not franchised. Then go draft linemen in the draft.

Priorities:

1. Somehow sign hall to a reasonable deal

2. Still have enough to get TJ

3. Trade up to draft a stud tackle, and use the rest of the picks to draft for depth

thats not that tough is it...

What I mean by "an Anquan Boldin" is a Wr that needs to be double covered. We couldn't do anything on offense in that game because we couldn't stop Dallas from blitzing us. And why did they blitz us? Because they took Santana out the game and could easily single cover our other receivers. By forcing a defense to chose who to double cover, someone will get open. Our offense isn't respected because it doesn't have the talent to truely be explosive. We have talent, but just not enough. Our o-line doesn't suck, Campbell is a franchise QB, this team is str8 4 years to come. What we need is someone to help take this offense over the top. Waiting for Devin or Mr. Broken knee is not a wise idea, imo. Moss is a good #1, but would be a superior #2. Thoughts?

Moss IS a #2. Maybe we should land a top FRA WR if hes proven. I myself would like Peppers, I said that last year in a debate and got laughed at and ridiculed. ALL hes done is OUT PRODUCE BOTH our DEs COMBINED. Maybe our secondary improves in the process, and have more possesions on offense.

Why not get rid of ARE and Thrash and go sign TJ Houshmanzadah, that might take a little pressure off moss, with Thomas and Kelly coming along. Hopefully he is not franchised. Then go draft linemen in the draft.

Priorities:

1. Somehow sign hall to a reasonable deal

2. Still have enough to get TJ

3. Trade up to draft a stud tackle, and use the rest of the picks to draft for depth

thats not that tough is it...

It is when we dont have a 2nd rounder for Taylor, hopefully find some gems in rounds 3 and after. Use our #1 and get Peppers, once and for all. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

It is when we dont have a 2nd rounder for Taylor, hopefully find some gems in rounds 3 and after. Use our #1 and get Peppers, once and for all. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

So you are mad that we traded a 2nd for Taylor, who we didnt know was gonna sprain his knee (which looked pretty bad when it happened), then get compartment sydrome, who also just came off a 11 sack season, BUT you want to trade a 1ST ROUNDER for Peppers, that would be just stupid, not having a 1st and a 2nd. Peppers had a horrible season last year, and you dont know if he is gonna be the same and consistent.

This is exactly what the Redskins do NOT need anymore. Peppers is playing great, yes. This season. On another team. The Redskins have made this same mistake before, waaay too many times. This is why we have aging lines on both sides of the ball. We trade away draft picks for "proven" vets who then do not produce the same in Washington, and do not spend those draft picks on lineman of any sort.

You want us to trade a away a FIRST rounder that hopefully wouldn't have given us a shot at a great young prospect, for a veteran that hopefully produces the same as he has for us, and will cost more and play for a shorter time than a potential-filled rookie, and once again hopefully draft some "gems" in the third, fifth, and later rounds. No thank you, sir.

So you are mad that we traded a 2nd for Taylor, who we didnt know was gonna sprain his knee (which looked pretty bad when it happened), then get compartment sydrome, who also just came off a 11 sack season, BUT you want to trade a 1ST ROUNDER for Peppers, that would be just stupid, not having a 1st and a 2nd. Peppers had a horrible season last year, and you dont know if he is gonna be the same and consistent.

Outside of ONE bad season, he HAS been consistent. A second for Taylor, YEAH a little upset seeing his age is like 5 yrs MORE then PEP. Injuries are ALWAYS a facto w/ ANYONE, just more frequent when older. Miami was able to gouge us knowing our situation and we HAD to. ANY FRA is a question w/ consistency.

Please take into consideration that by the time Kelly and Thomas reach their prime, the entire offensive line could be close to if not already retired with Portis being 30+ yrs old. My point is that we are a bonafied #1 Wr away from being a true superbowl contender. I believe we can get away with drafting for depth and for the future, but this team needs a VETERAN #1 wr if we want to open up this offense. This ain't triginometry, it's simple addition.

By the time Portis is that old we'll have a different feature back. He may still be here, but he won't be going 20-25 times a game.

This is exactly what the Redskins do NOT need anymore. Peppers is playing great, yes. This season. On another team. The Redskins have made this same mistake before, waaay too many times. This is why we have aging lines on both sides of the ball. We trade away draft picks for "proven" vets who then do not produce the same in Washington, and do not spend those draft picks on lineman of any sort.

You want us to trade a away a FIRST rounder that hopefully wouldn't have given us a shot at a great young prospect, for a veteran that hopefully produces the same as he has for us, and will cost more and play for a shorter time than a potential-filled rookie, and once again hopefully draft some "gems" in the third, fifth, and later rounds. No thank you, sir.

Mistakes before has been w/ players with one great season (Stubby) OR they were over the hill (Smith) OR Snyder was salivating at BIG NAMES. The draft is a crap shoot also, BUSTS all over and the later rounds usually need time to develop. If you have GOOD talent evaluators, then BUILD threw the draft , I dont believe we do, so Im all for doing it BOTH ways.

Peppers, except last year is SOLID, what do you guys NOT SEE. It boggles my mind!!!!!!!

Mistakes before has been w/ players with one great season (Stubby) OR they were over the hill (Smith) OR Snyder was salivating at BIG NAMES. The draft is a crap shoot also, BUSTS all over and the later rounds usually need time to develop. If you have GOOD talent evaluators, then BUILD threw the draft , I dont believe we do, so Im all for doing it BOTH ways.

Peppers, except last year is SOLID, what do you guys NOT SEE. It boggles my mind!!!!!!!

I don't disagree that Peppers is still a beast. He is only 28, not THAT old for a DE. But still, his career is more than half over. Which means, eventually, he will be on the way down. And, after such a monster season, the man will get PAID. This is where our cap trouble comes from. And our lack of young talent across the board. We want our FO to change and not throw money and picks away for veterans, yet we on this board have this "wait! just one more time, and THEN use the draft!" mentality that will only further setback this team. We NEED this first round pick to pick up a good OL, or to trade back and get a couple of seconds again and pick up a couple of lineman. We can't keep giving away our drafts with this "one more peice and we're a contender" attitude

I don't disagree that Peppers is still a beast. He is only 28, not THAT old for a DE. But still, his career is more than half over. Which means, eventually, he will be on the way down. And, after such a monster season, the man will get PAID. This is where our cap trouble comes from. And our lack of young talent across the board. We want our FO to change and not throw money and picks away for veterans, yet we on this board have this "wait! just one more time, and THEN use the draft!" mentality that will only further setback this team. We NEED this first round pick to pick up a good OL, or to trade back and get a couple of seconds again and pick up a couple of lineman. We can't keep giving away our drafts with this "one more peice and we're a contender" attitude

It IS 1/2 over, but is hes a guy that can maintain for his second 1/2? What if turns out (longevity/productivity) as a Taylor or Smith or R.White. I would gamble he could/would. The thing w/ FRA is youve already seen them at this level. The questions is only consistency and desire. PEP has both. Vets that dont have rings WANT them BAD, ala Seau, etc. Draft picks weather high or if you work backwards are a coin flip, more so then FRAs. We can squeeze 1-2 more years out of our starting OL. The offense should be better next year just on learning alone w/ the new system and young players gaining exp. Peppers can transcend the whole defense to the next level. Making the DL better, LBs better, and secondary better. Also making the offense better, by giving them more opportunities and a shorter field.

It IS 1/2 over, but is hes a guy that can maintain for his second 1/2? What if turns out (longevity/productivity) as a Taylor or Smith or R.White. I would gamble he could/would. The thing w/ FRA is youve already seen them at this level. The questions is only consistency and desire. PEP has both. Vets that dont have rings WANT them BAD, ala Seau, etc. Draft picks weather high or if you work backwards are a coin flip, more so then FRAs. We can squeeze 1-2 more years out of our starting OL. The offense should be better next year just on learning alone w/ the new system and young players gaining exp. Peppers can transcend the whole defense to the next level. Making the DL better, LBs better, and secondary better. Also making the offense better, by giving them more opportunities and a shorter field.

Some of what you say makes sense. But you lose credibility when you say "we can squeeze 1-2 more years out of our starting OL". Excuse me? You will find NOT ONE poster on ES here who agrees with that statement. It doesn't matter how much better the rest of our offense gets this offseason, or the next, or the next. Our O-line isn't gettin' it done this season, and its only getting older. Some of our line won't even be IN the league anymore in 1-2 years. Our defense might benefit from JP. But NOT at the expense of the offense. And trading away our future line to obtain him is doing exactly that. Sorry.

Some of what you say makes sense. But you lose credibility when you say "we can squeeze 1-2 more years out of our starting OL". Excuse me? You will find NOT ONE poster on ES here who agrees with that statement. It doesn't matter how much better the rest of our offense gets this offseason, or the next, or the next. Our O-line isn't gettin' it done this season, and its only getting older. Some of our line won't even be IN the league anymore in 1-2 years. Our defense might benefit from JP. But NOT at the expense of the offense. And trading away our future line to obtain him is doing exactly that. Sorry.

I see some of your points also, BUT as stated, who say we nail starters in the draft? They still need to develope, unless you get lucky, so you STILL need to squeeze 1-2 yrs out of what we got. Not to mention, Heyer and Rhinehart getting their chances next year, are this years draft going to pass them over out of the gate? PROBABLY not!

If a stud DEF like BALT. can win w/ a rookie QB and make playoffs. Then Im all for building that side FIRST. Then you win those close low scoring games.

WE NEED LARRY FITZ. best receiver in the games in terms of possession.

End thread.

Nice attempt to make yourself seem important.

I'm with you. We should definitely add him this offseason, alongside the guy he practices against every day, Jordan Gross.

];5899864']Nice attempt to make yourself seem important.

I'm with you. We should definitely add him this offseason' date=' alongside the guy he practices against every day, Jordan Gross.[/quote']

Shoulda added him LAST year, when they were shopping him and maybe got him cheaper cause of the ONLY bad year previous. Down w/ the Gross thing too.

We need a qb that can read the defense and get rid of the ball quicker.

QB is fine, need the tall WRs to come on. A passing system on short timing routes is one thing. ARE and Moss are too short, you have to throw threw lanes/windows and w. short routes that come inside (slants/ins) are hard to convert with 6'4 DL that jump to bat the ball and trying to get it to a 5'10 WRs on the other side is damn near IMPOSSIBLE. Play press coverage and the timing is gone along w/ the window.

Archived