Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We need an Anquan Boldin!!!

Renegade7

];5836484']We could have a guy like that in Thomas or Kelly' date=' but we definitely won't find out this season.

Until then, build the Offensive Line.[/quote']

Agreed. I've been all for getting the skill position guys through the draft in the past. But this coming April we really need to go after the lines.

I wish either Malcolm or DT were in Boldin's mold but neither are. Boldin is a physical specimen and an all-around playmaker. Unfortunately Boldin's 28 and probably looking to sign a huge deal. Also because of his physical style he's injury prone.

Let's pass on Boldin, give DT and Kelly some time to mature, and possibly add a few more explosive offensive weapons in the later rounds within the next few years.

Dead on.

We do need Boldin.

How about trading all three of our second round picks for him....and maybe throw in something else, like another, future third rounder.

Let's be realistic.....our picks blew.

Get him in here.

:applause:

Dead on.

We do need Boldin.

How about trading all three of our second round picks for him....and maybe throw in something else, like another, future third rounder.

Let't be realistic.....our picks blew.

Get him in here.

:applause:

It's funny cause alot of us have the need to think AB, is the answer. i don't know why but i have a feeling before we get QB, we would most likely get chad johnson..

Malcolm Kelly could easily be the next Anquan Boldin. Great hands, good routes, YAC ability, both fell in the draft b/c of poor 40s (yes, and the knees). Give the guy a chance.

You are a good poster. No offense meant at all....sincerely.

But what do you think is going to happen if he ever actually gets hit in the knees?

Forget just getting on the field. Imagine him actually taking a hit.

Trade all three of them, and another pick, for Boldin should we be so lucky.

:cheers:

You guys have a knack for discounting Zorn's plan for our young WRs.

I believe Zorn wants to instill good habits that our WRs must exhibit before he's willing to trust them. Yes, I would love to see Thomas and Kelly in the line up contributing but I don't want to see mass confusion on their part because they don't have a clue whats going on.

Remember, Zorn wants his young receivers to be able to run the same routes as his established WRs.

You are a good poster. No offense meant at all....sincerely.

But what do you think is going to happen if he ever actually gets hit in the knees?

Forget just getting on the field. Imagine him actually taking a hit.

Trade all three of them, and another pick, for Boldin should we be so lucky.

:cheers:

True your prediction has just as much chance as coming true as mine. However, we'll never know which one until Malcolm gets his chance. I hope that chance happens this season. The Skins need that chance to happen this season, so they have some game feedback on him and can shape their offseason plans based on it.

Please take into consideration that by the time Kelly and Thomas reach their prime, the entire offensive line could be close to if not already retired with Portis being 30+ yrs old. My point is that we are a bonafied #1 Wr away from being a true superbowl contender. I believe we can get away with drafting for depth and for the future, but this team needs a VETERAN #1 wr if we want to open up this offense. This ain't triginometry, it's simple addition.

• 3 weeks later...

Boldin would make a heck of an addition to the Redskins. Just about every great quarterback had a great receiver to throw to. With the youth the Redskins have at QB, Boldin would have lots of time to develop that rapport needed to make a winning combination.

Moss is showing signs he is aging. Look at his decline through this season. Randle El is a bust. Bring in a young veteran to bring along Kelly and Thomas.

My thought is that Moss would be like Gary Clark as a #2- the perfect deep threat. He can be a good #1 but with his talents, it's best if we go to him when the defense is napping, rather than try to force the ball to him in double coverage. We need a big, strong, reliable #1 WR that runs flawless routes, has good hands, and therefore demands respect and double coverage schemes. We do not have that #1 and have not since Art Monk left.

agreed, Moss as #2 would be lethal, we would be throwing up 30 points a game if Moss were the #2, and we had a legit #1 WR and CP still doing his thing. That would make up for a lot of deficiencies elsewhere, whether that be the OL or JC. Honestly, a few plays here and there can completely keep a defense honest and open everything up.

I really hope MK or DT can be that person. Then imagine a 2 TE set with an improved Fred Davis and steady Cooley.

Archived