Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2009 Draft prospects as of the Bye

Veretax

First of all, way too many pics. Second of all, why would we draft another mid late round corner when we have Tryon? Why is LB so low when Washington is oft injured and Fletcher is one serious injury away from being done completely? Why DE so high when we have Jackson, Wilson, and James? Why wouldn't we resign Yoder? I'm really not following your logic...

We don't have a second or seventh rounder. Do we even have a sixth?

There's no way to address everything.... Just was listing our needs and hopefully we can fill them out. Tryon sucks and the reason LB is low is because Blades has shown he can replace Washington, and is also depth at the MLB position. Fletcher does not have much of an injury history. If Fletcher was slowing down and/or getting hit with the injury bug, I'd be worried, but he's not.

What's so great about Jackson, Wilson, and James? If they were so great, we would not have gone out and gotten Jason Taylor after Phillip Daniels went down to injury.

My Yoder line was a jab at people on ES talking about how important it was to draft Fred Davis.

First of all, way too many pics. Second of all, why would we draft another mid late round corner when we have Tryon? Why is LB so low when Washington is oft injured and Fletcher is one serious injury away from being done completely? Why DE so high when we have Jackson, Wilson, and James? Why wouldn't we resign Yoder? I'm really not following your logic...

We don't have a second or seventh rounder. Do we even have a sixth?

Why on earth would we use our first round pick on a TE? Chris Cooley, Fred Davis.. hello.. we don't need first round talent to be a backup.. I don't think we waste a draft pick.. You pick up some old guy like Yoder who is solid.. but on the decline. pay him vet minimum to sit for 2 or 3 years and come in when needed

I pretty much agree with everyone on here in that our needs are OL, DL, and LB. Let's remember that we have Joe Bugel, one of the best OL coaches in the league and we can always coach up later-round guys. I also agree that our DEs are not as bad as they seem because we need to get some more inside pressure. Our current DTs are good against the run, but not so much against the pass. We have plenty of young starting-caliber depth at DE, but not so much so at LB and OL. Here's what I would vote for if it was a democratic decision:

1. LB (or trade down to get more picks)

3. DT

4. OT

5. OG/C

6. LB

Why on earth would we use our first round pick on a TE? Chris Cooley, Fred Davis.. hello.. we don't need first round talent to be a backup.. I don't think we waste a draft pick.. You pick up some old guy like Yoder who is solid.. but on the decline. pay him vet minimum to sit for 2 or 3 years and come in when needed

I refuse to acknowledge anything you say on the count of your sig distracting me from anything anyone will ever say.

There's no way to address everything.... Just was listing our needs and hopefully we can fill them out. Tryon sucks and the reason LB is low is because Blades has shown he can replace Washington, and is also depth at the MLB position. Fletcher does not have much of an injury history. If Fletcher was slowing down and/or getting hit with the injury bug, I'd be worried, but he's not.

What's so great about Jackson, Wilson, and James? If they were so great, we would not have gone out and gotten Jason Taylor after Phillip Daniels went down to injury.

My Yoder line was a jab at people on ES talking about how important it was to draft Fred Davis.

Tryon still has time to show his worth. After all, we only saw him in preseason. Lets give him another offseason to improve. Lets see where Hall is at year end. Blades can play any LB position, but Campbell and Fincher our the other backups. We really need to address the LB for the future now IMO. Wilson has done a great job. We have invested time in James and Jackson, give them time to show their worth.

One thing we dont need is to trade down out of the 1st round! If we dont have alot of picks this draft people are going to want to trade down to pickup extra picks, please don't.

Uh...why?

I have a feeling we'll take Alex Mack, hopefully he wont go before us though.

Solid C prospect and can apparently play OG really well to.

A lot of what they do in the draft will determined by what happens in free agency. Personally I would like to see the Skins trade out of their 1st round selection and do what they did this year and acquire a couple of 2nd rounders. With these two selections, I think they should go DL because both Taylor and Griffin are getting older and they need more youth at both DE and DT.

In my opinion, the positions we need in the order of importance whether via FA or draft:

RT - We need a legitimate starter. Not Jon Jansen. Not Stephen Heyer.

DT - We need someone to take over for Cornelius Griffin who is always playing through injuries, is getting old, and is getting expensive.

DE - Phillip Daniels and Jason Taylor are both too old and injured to be long-term solutions.

C - Casey Rabach is just merely average.

G - Randy Thomas is getting old.

CB - Hall is only signed through the end of the season. Springs is old and injury prone.

LB - This is low because Blades is a suitable replacement for Washington and Fletcher still has some good years left.

LT - Need a backup for Chris Samuels.

Everything else would be luxury picks.

Oh wait, we need a third string TE. Hopefully we use our first round pick or third round pick on a TE since Todd Yoder is signed through next season only.

I believe that guy across from randy thomas might just be getting old a little sooner than thomas himself. ;)

We need an RT who might eventually move to playing LT. We need a DT, someone who can really dominate. And we need a guard to replace kendall. Those are the only three positions that are in dire need of replacement for next year. Our DE's, LB's and centers will be fine for another year. Depth there will be great but we're not in dire need of starters there.

After what happened with the trade down in the 2008 draft i would not like to see us do it again.Go after the best player available in the first round at L.B/D.T./T or Guard.

Names=Curry/Cushing/Spikes(lb),Jerry(dt),Mack(c/g) or duke Robinson(guard/tackle).

Maybe the skins look at a center like Caldwell/Unger if they are there in the third round.

A couple of points about free agency 2009-if (qb)Campbell and (cb)Hall are the biggest splashes what about bringing back (g)Kendall(having a great year) and phil Daniels to play def. tackle to spell Griffin?

Not much cap room and they would be cheaper alternatives.

I look at us realistically having a 1st round chance at:

OT: Michael Oher, Ole Miss

OLB: Brian Cushing, USC

DE: Tyson Jackson, LSU

WR: Darrius "ay bay bay" Heyward-Bey (if you don't wanna wait on the 2nd rounders from last year)

I'd go get interior linemen in later rounds and put off RB for one more year. QB, TE and CB aren't immediate needs (depending on if Springs and Hall are back next year)

The Redskins DL is fine. I would like to see more of Chris Wilson. Lets not forget that Jason Taylor was playing at 60%. I think Jason will have a big impact. Be patient.

I don't think Daniels comes back next year, or Griffin. So, they could draft a DT. But the DL class is weak. Nobody is really standing out.

The current DL is shutting down the run, which ranks 6th. And that is better than the Titans defense. Shutting down the run wins games. We see what happens when a defense doesn't. Look at the Eagles. Their ends are too small. Yeah, they blitz. But what OC would pass when they can run, like the Skins did.

In Order of NEED

1. OLB - We need to draft a replacement for Marcus Washington.

2. OL - We need help at all 5 line spots both for depth and future starters.

3. DT- We need someone that can consistently push the pocket and take some pressure off of AC and JT...

I think we'll finish pretty low on the draft board (being optimistic here) and neither of the above guys will still be available. I've watched a few USC games being on the West Coast and Cushing is a monster at LB. I would love to land either of these guys.

If you want a tackle Oline, which I think is a good area to look at, we need to trade up this year to get one. I mean, get Oher or another top tackle, we will need to trade our first this year, our first next year and throw in an additional pick.

We will not get a tackle we will be happy with drafting in the bottom of the first round. We are going to be victims of our success and that means we will have to trade up in a big way. I think this is a year to do it with the top tackles coming out.

DE: Tyson Jackson, LSU

WR: Darrius "ay bay bay" Heyward-Bey (if you don't wanna wait on the 2nd rounders from last year)

I'd go get interior linemen in later rounds and put off RB for one more year. QB, TE and CB aren't immediate needs (depending on if Springs and Hall are back next year)

Oher will be a top 10 pick

Isn't Chad Rinehart supposed to be the rookie we drafted to play guard?

Defensive Line

So obvious it hurts. We knew it going in to the past three drafts. I would love to get another defensive end and pair him up with Rob Jackson after another year with Jason Taylor. Maybe later on we could grab another DT project like Golston and Montgomary were.

Offensive Line

We're great right now. We started it by drafting Heyer and Rinehart. Now we gotta keep it going. We need a guy to play center in future years. And we need a guy who can step in and play guard right away.

Linebacker and Cornerback

Gotta get some depth. Springs is gone next year. Maybe, Hall will pan out. If so, we get ourselves MW's replacement.

Running Back

Only if something falls in our lap. Portis is relatively young, and Betts should be good for a couple years. Basically, we'd be drafting this guy to send to the practice squad.

If we used every single pick on OL & DL, I'd be totally fine with that.

We probably could pick up a solid Tackle in the 2nd half of the 1st round, then a OG or OC in the 3rd. I would weigh OL as a higher priority than DL, not because we don't have need at DL, but because we are younger at DL.

You sound just like a witty, handsome, and modest poster who has suggested / posted drafting the big uglies since 2001 :D

Archived