Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should homosexuals be allowed to have kids, adopt, or be foster parent.?

ljs

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, since there are a couple threads on gay issues, and there seems to be a lot of talk about the parenting issue. I thought it would be nice to have it's own thread. :silly:

I for one don't see a problem with gay people having their own kids, or adopting...or being foster parents. Heck, there are more tests to get your drivers license and more regulation on drinking alcohol than there is for someone becoming a parent, regardless of orientation.

If there was a way to restrict this unless someone met the criteria applied to adoptive parents, there would be whole lot fewer screwed up kids in this world.

OK I read that entire article, and NOTHING in there indicating the father was gay or that the abuse was of a sexual nature. I find it total bull**** that you tried to pass that along as some 8 yr old who killed his dad cause he was gay. you fail.

What countries allow gays to marry??

Do any?

Canada

Spain

South Africa

Belgium

Norway

There may be others.

Same sex civil partnerships are allowed in:

Denmark

Sweden

Iceland

France

Germany

Finland

Luxembourg

New Zealand

Great Britain

Again, there may be others.

OK I read that entire article, and NOTHING in there indicating the father was gay or that the abuse was of a sexual nature. I find it total bull**** that you tried to pass that along as some 8 yr old who killed his dad cause he was gay. you fail.

Welcome to the Tailgate. Get used to it. :)

Equal rights to everyone.

I'm sticking by that.

Amen. :applause: Such a simple argument, yet so very true.

People ask me. "What about gay adoptions? Interracial? Single Parent?" I say. "Hey fine, as long as it works for the child and the family is responsible." My big stand is this: Every child deserves a home and love. Period.

Dave Thomas.

Founder of Wendy's

adopted child

70% eh?

I don't think it was that lopsided. Wrong, but not that lopsided.

As for the poll question, the year before my wife and I got our first placement ( a girl we are getting ready to addopt), I was at a small business convention, and there was a bus that goes around to foster care homes (group and single family). It had computer terminals. The idea was to give the foster kids a chance to set up email accounts they could use at public libraries or wherever they lived. I asked and was shocked to hear how needed that is and why. Evidently the majority of foster kids are in their placements for less than a year before being moved on. Now some of them go back to the families they came from to be bounced in and out of foster care, and there isn't much that can be done for them other than what is being done. However others just have trouble finding homes.

There just are not enough stable 2 adult person homes willing to take them in. At least in MD with our foster care agency they require 2 person homes as that makes abuse less likely or atleast false allegations of abuse easier to defend against. So if we stipulate that there are not enough homes, the remaining questions are 1) What can we do to increase the set of homes that are willing to take in and raise these kids and 2) Are the alternatives better than group homes?

To my mind there is no doubt that a loving home is better than a group home. I encourage anyone who doubts this to read the book in my signature from a man who grew up in foster care.

I think the problem is that the wall of paperwork and hoops you have to jump through as an adult to adopt is so daunting in some states that many people don't bother, even if they could take care of one more more kids who are orphaned so to speak. Its a sad commentary on our society. However, I will repeat, I don't think the qualification of type of couple per say should be of much difference in adoptions, the rules already in place should be enough without tacking this additional thing on I think. (Call that my libertarian leaning view where I think more laws are not beneficial to fixing the general overall problem of placing as many kids in stable homes as is possible.)

I never said the dad was gay. They don't know what cause him to snap and shoot reload and shoot again.

They are looking at actually charging him as an adult. CNN and FNC said they would look to see if he was abused and by that corporal punishment.

It's your fault for assuming and assuming makes................

NavyDave: "Judicial Activism" = "Somebody actually noticed that the Constitution forbids discrimination".

Judicial Activism 4 liberal judges out of 7 found something not there and instead of interpreting decided to legislate and the people rose up and corrected them again.

Judicial Activism 4 liberal judges out of 7 found something not there and instead of interpreting decided to legislate and the people rose up and corrected them again.

Lying again.

What they found was that the California Constitution specifically forbid discrimination on sexual orientation.

(As opposed to the US Constitution, which simply forbids discrimination across the board.)

Amen. :applause: Such a simple argument, yet so very true.

People ask me. "What about gay adoptions? Interracial? Single Parent?" I say. "Hey fine, as long as it works for the child and the family is responsible." My big stand is this: Every child deserves a home and love. Period.

Dave Thomas.

Founder of Wendy's

adopted child

That is interesting since he pulled his commercials from Ellen's show when she first came out.

I never said the dad was gay. They don't know what cause him to snap and shoot reload and shoot again.

They are looking at actually charging him as an adult. CNN and FNC said they would look to see if he was abused and by that corporal punishment.

Nice try...you posted in this thread, and said that is what would happen if we put kids w/ homsexual parents. Why would you post that article if it had nothing to do with your point?

Nice try...you posted in this thread, and said that is what would happen if we put kids w/ homsexual parents. Why would you post that article if it had nothing to do with your point?

Welcome to Tailgate. Where, when an argument is stupid or invalid, it doesn't prevent people from making it, anyway. It simply causes them to imply it. And then claim that they didn't actually explicitly say it.

Over here, we have the poster who posts a story about a Muslim doing something inhumanly barbaric, where the poster's
entire
post is "It's a religion of peace". Who will then, when someone points out, say, Timothy McVeigh, declare that only a complete idiot who's blinded by hate would attempt to use the most whacked out elements to define a religion.

And in this exhibit, we have the poster who, in every single thread in which rights for homosexuals are mentioned, will make a comment about people having sex with dogs and/or children. And who will then spend three pages announcing that no, he
never
said that homosexuals were like pedophiles. While
simultaneously
announcing that he just can't see any difference between the two, no matter how many people point it out.

Ah, Tailgate. Where no matter how stupid an argument is, it never dies, because you can still use the same argument, over and over and over, as long as you don't actually say what your argument is. (You just imply it.)

Should Homosexuals be allowed to have kids?

After my mom died and my dad came out, my moms side of the family (all I really had left) tried everything they could to take my little sister and I away from my dad. It really sucked.

I lost my Mom, my Dad was working three jobs and drinking to much(he was a mess, forget the gay) and we lost the house we grew up in and coincidentally my dog, who was my only friend at the time. Losing them was the worst thing that could of happened to me. They set themselves as the other side and I pushed back, because I needed the small amount of close family that I did have.

I still don't talk to them and my grandparents don't have much time left on the clock, but as the oldest grand kid, I just harbor to much anger still and they won't admit to the actions they took. Neither will my aunts and uncles. I still feel betrayed.

Should Homosexuals be allowed to have kids?

After my mom died and my dad came out, my moms side of the family (all I really had left) tried everything they could to take my little sister and I away from my dad. It really sucked.

I lost my Mom, my Dad was working three jobs and drinking to much(he was a mess, forget the gay) and we lost the house we grew up in and coincidentally my dog, who was my only friend at the time. Losing them was the worst thing that could of happened to me. They set themselves as the other side and I pushed back, because I needed the small amount of close family that I did have.

I still don't talk to them and my grandparents don't have much time left on the clock, but as the oldest grand kid, I just harbor to much anger still and they won't admit to the actions they took. Neither will my aunts and uncles. I still feel betrayed.

1) Sympathies for your situation. (For what that's worth, coming from me.)

2) Suggestion: (You did intend for complete strangers to be giving you personal advice over a message board, didn't you? :) )

Forgive your Grandparents. Even from a strictly selfish perspective, you'll feel better about it, down the road, if you do. Be nice to them for a few years, and then you'll have the feelings that you Did The Right Thing for the rest of your life.

Why would you post it in this thread?

Why would you post it in this thread?

Going back to the joke where it was suggested that all kids of Heterosexual families be turned over to Gays to raise, I countered that there would be 8 year olds and older who will respond in a violent fashion.

Heck if a kid will kill his dad and some roommate for I guess taking away his Xbox 360 or giving him a spanking, I can imagine what he would do if he was forced to live with two guys from the Village people.

Going back to the joke where it was suggested that all kids of Heterosexual families be turned over to Gays to raise, I countered that there would be 8 year olds and older who will respond in a violent fashion.

Heck if a kid will kill his dad and some roommate for I guess taking away his Xbox 360 or giving him a spanking, I can imagine what he would do if he was forced to live with two guys from the Village people.

"Forced to live." :doh:

Because he'd be so much better getting abused :doh::doh:

And all gays are like the Village People. Nice stereotyping :doh::doh::doh:

Archived