Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should homosexuals be allowed to have kids, adopt, or be foster parent.?

ljs

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, since there are a couple threads on gay issues, and there seems to be a lot of talk about the parenting issue. I thought it would be nice to have it's own thread. :silly:

I for one don't see a problem with gay people having their own kids, or adopting...or being foster parents. Heck, there are more tests to get your drivers license and more regulation on drinking alcohol than there is for someone becoming a parent, regardless of orientation.

If they are good people and are found to be potential good parents, I dont see the issue with it.

What I dont agree with is either hetero or homosexual folks adopting a child and they act as if the child is a pet or a cool conversation piece at parties. I often wonder if the hollywood folks do that. I hope I'm wrong and that they adopt for good reasons and that the children are loved and cared for deeply.

I have NO problems with gay people being mentors, having kids, babysitting kids or anything like that.

I highly doubt a gay person is trying to brainwash any kid in to being gay...

You know, you may be a conservative, but at least you're not stupid (about this anyway ;) ). :cheers:

I voted yes. Honestly, I really don't see what the big deal is about this and why so many people have problems with it. Gays are people that have a lot of love to give, and there are a LOT of children who need love. Why deny those children a loving home? Why should they (gays) be treated ANY differently than the rest of us?

If they are good people and are found to be potential good parents, I dont see the issue with it.

What I dont agree with is either hetero or homosexual folks adopting a child and they act as if the child is a pet or a cool conversation piece at parties. I often wonder if the hollywood folks do that. I hope I'm wrong and that they adopt for good reasons and that the children are loved and cared for deeply.

I had these concerns when the state put my brother in foster care.

Thankfully, they are really good people and I have no need to worry.

Yes, yes and yes.

I have a serious issue with anyone who says otherwise.

Are you seriously going to tell me that being stuck in foster care > being adopted by a gay person?

Ridiculous.

as a former foster kid I will warn you that foster homes are not what you see on television. those are "group homes" and are just transient houses until they can place you or you turn 18.

foster homes are just like your home but with kids that are like you. but my foster home had kids of their own there too and we are still close like brothers and sisters. i called them mom and dad and cried when my foster mother died.

but other then that, if i didnt have that foster home, i would NOT have minded a gay couple adopting me. ecspecially if it was 2 hot women...lol

I mentioned this earlier, but I do have a lot of lesbian friends w/ kids. Two of my close friends have been together for about 6 years. They are in their late 20's and 2 years ago one got prego via invetro. They now have a beautiful 2 yr old daughter and are working on a second using the same donation. In that situation, the one who birthed the daughter has a gay mother. So this kid has lesbian parents, lesbian grandparents and whole ton of lesbian "aunts"....but she also see's her grandpa and uncles regularly, so no issue of not having a male influence. (which I always thought was funny since many lesbians are butch)

Archived