Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerato needs to be held accountable

Ji

I thought Thomas has been playing at least a part in the game plan . It was Thomas and not Thrash first off the bench in the Pitt game when Moss took time off . I don't remember any fantasic plays but I don't rememeber any terrible ones either .

Thomas has been playing a role in the special teams as well had some serious tackles on returners . He is big Eager and raw but talented . Lets get rid of him .

Fred Davis has been making contributions on special teams, he has been helping in the blocking on the line for Portis . He is big physical and talented yet raw - lets get rid of him

Kelly has shown alot of promisie BUT has been injured . I hope we see more of him this year, but a year of healing up with a full NFL training team behind him maybe what he needs . He is raw, tallented but injured - lets get rid of him.

Chad Rienheart - Plays RT/G behind Thomas, Kendell, Jansen and Heyer - mostly inactive becuse we don't have the slots or right now the need to carry extra OL player but he is learning - He is young a future talent - lets get rid of him

JT Tyron - I have seen very little from the kid wich for a CB is never a bad thing if he is on the field . It meens he isn't being exposed and isn't making mistakes . He is good depth . - lets get rid of him

Kareem Moore - Struggled with injury but made an imediate impact with solid play that has possibly meant that Read Doughty may be religated to 4th or 5th safety, again quality depth .

Durant Brooks - I really thought he may be the best rookie of the bunch in terms of impact . How wrong was I and many others - lets get ... oh we already did

Colt Brenan - Doing exactly what you hope your no.3 QB will be doing on game day - riding the pine . Could be quality depth could be thrown aside for next years flavor of the month . We have had some good back up QBs taken in the late rounds, Sage Rosenfals and Guss Ferrotte ...it could be this is another one who flourishes after he leaves .

Chris Horton - What a steel . Making a huge impact on a team which is used to having fantastic safeties in recent years . I have seen him beat a couple of plays and I am sure if he gets beat for a TD he will be burnt alive on here but WHAT A Steel - lets get rid of him

Rob Jackson - I really thought this guy was a pluck a name out of a hat deal but he has shown some real hustle and desire . I am glad he made the team but with the DE possition being so crowded right now it is no wonder he is a depth player . Could be good in the future - lets get rid of him

the more I think about the 2nd round, the more upset I get. We drafted Devin Thomas over Eddie Royal, Fred Jackson over Desean Jackson. With the exception of him getting Lucky in Chris Horton, we have gotten zero help from our draft. This was his first draft as the boss and look what happened. Where is the accountability? Look at all the 2nd rounders helping NFL teams and we have gotten zero from ours. Its really hard to mess up like this but Vinny somehow did it.

If we had a good draft, we would have a great future and probably be 7-2 instead of 6-3

Please post a link to your post before the draft calling for us to draft Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson.

9 games :doh:

look at all the first rounders and 2nd rounders helping their teams. You guys are morons. 1st and 2nd rounders are suppose to be starting their first year...not long term projects. This isnt Major League baseball

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_NFL_Draft

This coming from the guy who wanted the following:

the following should be fired/waived

Jim Zorn

Joseph Bugel

Carlos Rogers

Chris Samuels

Jon Jansen

Vinny Cerato

all 3 of our 2nd round picks

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?p=5775440#post5775440

Has your baby girl already been training to be a doctor?

Thomas has been playing since high school and even went to college and even played football,wide receiver...imagine that!!!

So he's been through camp and all the practices up to week nine and still can't grasp his playbook and assignments while Eddie Royal can and has since week 1.

Maybe we need to get him that coloring book playbook like Lavar used to have to carry??

Seriously, have you ever looked at the progression of young receivers?

Cris Carter

Isaac Bruce

Jimmy Smith

Rod Smith

Henry Ellard

Steve Smith

Santana Moss

Terrell Owens

Derrick Mason

Reggie Wayne

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Bernard Berrian

The list could go on and on but all these guys would be considered busts by the criteria set forth in this thread. But your doctor analogy is pretty spot on. Doctors go through years and years of training. Receivers take time to come through for the most part. If in a couple of years we are still having this discussion then I will agree that these picks were wasted but until then it's just howling at the moon.

Seriously, have you ever looked at the progression of young receivers?

Here's a name we all know and hate (although he was a great receiver!):

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/I/IrviMi00.htm

This guy has clearly sucked, and couldn't stay on the field:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MasoDe00.htm

What a waste this turd was:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MuhaMu00.htm

We should definitely give up on Kelly on Thomas immediately, like Dallas did with this waste o' space:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJi00.htm

What were the Giants thinking wasting their time on this d-bag?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ToomAm00.htm

icon1.gifIve survived 8 weeks without getting banned!

every time I post, i click on 2 minutes later to see if I can still start threads. Im limiting myself to about a thread a week on the Redskins board and am surviving.

a few years ago, i was banned like 4-5 times in a period of a year.

Ji's DC Weather Blog

History might repeat itself.....;)

This guy has clearly sucked, and couldn't stay on the field:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MasoDe00.htm

What a waste this turd was:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MuhaMu00.htm

We should definitely give up on Kelly on Thomas immediately, like Dallas did with this waste o' space:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJi00.htm

What were the Giants thinking wasting their time on this d-bag?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ToomAm00.htm

Yes, receivers do take time to develop. The fact remains, that although we had Devin and Malcolm high on our draft board, and considered them "steals" where we got them, it wasn't some magical falling that got them to us. It was because other teams had misgivings. Will it work out for us? Hopefully at least one of our three guys works out. The early returns are what they are; early. As you say, with receivers, it usually takes time. With Devin, it may take more than usual, and we will see if he pans out given his lack of experience (high risk due to limited data).

With Kelly, it's a matter of his durability.

But, we'll see. The only thing I'll argue against is that we got some kind of steal like Vinny seems to want to claim. No, we didn't, they fell for valid reasons and we assumed the risk.

Here's to it panning out for us! :cheers:

Here are the #s some of the elite WRs put up their rookie years:

Steve Smith: 10 catches 154 yards

Chad Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards

Plaxico Burress: 22 catches 273 yards

Hines Ward: 15 catches 246 yards

Reggie Wayne: 27 catches 345 yards

TJ Houshmandzadeh: 21 catches 228 yards

I say we wait a while before declaring our guys busts...

funny he never replied to this post, talk about being pwned

Yes, receivers do take time to develop. The fact remains, that although we had Devin and Malcolm high on our draft board, and considered them "steals" where we got them, it wasn't some magical falling that got them to us. It was because other teams had misgivings. Will it work out for us? Hopefully at least one of our three guys works out. The early returns are what they are; early. As you say, with receivers, it usually takes time. With Devin, it may take more than usual, and we will see if he pans out given his lack of experience (high risk due to limited data).

With Kelly, it's a matter of his durability.

But, we'll see. The only thing I'll argue against is that we got some kind of steal like Vinny seems to want to claim. No, we didn't, they fell for valid reasons and we assumed the risk.

Here's to it panning out for us! :cheers:

Sigh. I like the rest of your post, but this part irks me because you're being hypocritical (not in the post, but I'm sure in your view of the draft). Just sticking to this draft, people had misgivings about Horton. Fourth-to-last pick, remember?

People also had misgivings on Portis, Moss, McIntosh, Campbell, Gary Clark, Riggins, and tons of other players.

Not to mention other teams' "busts" who now HAVE busts in the Hall.

I don't recommend ever going by a draft number or a first-year performance.

Let's deal with the 2nd & 3rd Round picks, since they're the ones you'd expect to make some kind of early impact. I didn't have a problem with getting a big WR. It was clear they needed size at that position in the Red Zone. Thomas was the highest rated WR coming out of the draft (according to Mel K @ ESPN). You figured he would be a project since he only blossomed his last yr at Mich St.

Fred Davis was a stud at USC. If Cooley goes down this year, you watch how Davis will step up. I want to see him & Cooley on the field together.

Rhinehart (spelling) was a two time All-American at his position. He may take a little time to develop, but if you draft on potential, I liked that pick at the time.

Kelley, now here's my bulls-eye! He had a bad combine, bad knee (which will only get worse) played at pass happy OU so his numbers will look good, by the way, for all that Offense OU has, really what stud has come out of there during the Stoops era? There like Spurrier-Midwest. This is where Vinnie blew it. They needed a D-Lineman and had a couple out there.

I'm not a FoVC, & I think he stinks as a GM, but for those four guys, let's see how they come along the next 2 seasons.

Is this thread for real? You are comparing apples to fish. Revisit this thread in 3 years. Then we can discuss who is a bust or not.

exactly... most people think in terms of madden with the NFL and don't understand the learning curve (particularly at WR) involved in transitioning from college to the pros... the stats OVERWHELMING show how unproductive most rookies are, no matter how high drafted...

there are always exceptions but don't be fooled by guys being drafted to 1-15 teams and having no talent in front of them, thus starting and having better stats than they really are... skins were a playoff team with talent at the WR position and expecting a rookie to knock off ARE or SM is crazy...

My wife and I have a baby girl that just turned 1. Much to my dismay, she is not a doctor yet. I'm going to have to have a talk with my wife. Someone's gotta pay for our daughters shortcomings.

In other news. We need(ed) big WRs. Why would we need another 1-2 midget WRs?

what we need is production from the WRs.

exactly... most people think in terms of madden with the NFL and don't understand the learning curve (particularly at WR) involved in transitioning from college to the pros... the stats OVERWHELMING show how unproductive most rookies are, no matter how high drafted...

there are always exceptions but don't be fooled by guys being drafted to 1-15 teams and having no talent in front of them, thus starting and having better stats than they really are... skins were a playoff team with talent at the WR position and expecting a rookie to knock off ARE or SM is crazy...

stats reflect what? avergaes. if that is what you are happy with...average...have at it!

for my own part...I don't have problems with Vinny's strategy for the wideouts. what I don't like is how consistently behind the power curve we have been with our lines. while I don't always find Cerrato appealng or convincing...I'm willing to give him some maneuvering room and see what happens over the next year or so. it's the overall plan and less so the piece parts that matters most.

while the development argument contains a large degree of common sense...there is one problem: Zorn has made very clear that he expected production from Thomas and Kelley THIS SEASON particularly in the Red Zone. If you listen to him it is evident that he has not been thinking "let's wait 2-3 years and slowly develop these guys". He had roles and production in mind FOR THIS SEASON.

Archived