Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cerato needs to be held accountable

Ji

Okay...how about if they at least contribute...you know a catch here or there..or even being active for a game. Can you at least give me that. We drafted 3 WR's on a team that had the worst WR corps in the league and they still havent done anything.

once again, they are behind proven vets. both moss and randel el are having career years. Out of Malcom and Devin, it is well known that Malcom was more NFL ready, seeing as devin had 1 year at Mich St. and was still incredibly raw with routes, etc. Malcom has been hurt which sucks and is unfortunate, but it is what it is and no amount of ****ing will get him healthy, only time will.

If 1 of the 2 recievers was going to contribute much as a rookie it was going to be Malcom. Devin has been working hard and has been improving, not to mention heplays very hard on special teams as well.

Fred Davis is stuck behind a pro bowler and a good vet in yodes.

Because of the proposed Chad Johnson trade, I do not believe that drafting Thomas, Kelly and Davis was solely about thinking for the future. If you thought that a WR was worth trading two first round picks, then there must be a serious, immediate need right? I can believe that Thomas may have been a project pick, but Kelly was definitely supposed to contribute right away...Snyder & Co had a personal workout with Kelly and are still hoping that he can contribute after the bye week. If that is not desperation for a WR then I don't know what is? Kudos to the FO for identifying the need for a WR but Scott Campbell and the rest of the staff should be held accountable for their ineffective personnel evaluation.

C'mon it was a pretty good draft. We got Fred Jackson, Malcom Jackson, Devin Jackson, Chad Jackson, Justin Jackson, Durant Jackson, Kareem Jackson, Colt Jackson, and Chris Jackson. Oh yeah, and in the 7th round, the defensive end. What's his name. Number 98. Rob something or other.

:rotflmao:

i cant believe it. On draft day, you all were livid that we took 3 WR's. Now you are defending each of the picks. And nobody has mentioned that there our 3rd rounder has been inactive all year..our 5th rounder has barely played...our 6th rounder got cut. Are you guys on Vinny's payroll?

Here are the #s some of the elite WRs put up their rookie years:

Steve Smith: 10 catches 154 yards

Chad Johnson: 28 catches 329 yards

Plaxico Burress: 22 catches 273 yards

Hines Ward: 15 catches 246 yards

Reggie Wayne: 27 catches 345 yards

TJ Houshmandzadeh: 21 catches 228 yards

I say we wait a while before declaring our guys busts...

i cant believe it. On draft day, you all were livid that we took 3 wr's. Now you are defending each of the picks. And nobody has mentioned that there our 3rd rounder has been inactive all year..our 5th rounder has barely played...our 6th rounder got cut. Are you guys on vinny's payroll?

who got 7 starters out of the draft???

Okay...how about if they at least contribute...you know a catch here or there..or even being active for a game. Can you at least give me that. We drafted 3 WR's on a team that had the worst WR corps in the league and they still havent done anything.

We drafted 2 WRs & a TE. :doh:

And instead of just talking out of your ass, maybe you should look up a few stats first.

Thomas has 8 catches for 63 yards.

Kelly has 1 catch for 6 yards.

And TE Fred DAVIS also has 1 catch for 6 yards.

As you can see, thay have contributed by catching a pass here & there & even being active for a game to make said catching contribution.

The saying 'Read more, post less' applies to you.

i cant believe it. On draft day, you all were livid that we took 3 WR's. Now you are defending each of the picks. And nobody has mentioned that there our 3rd rounder has been inactive all year..our 5th rounder has barely played...our 6th rounder got cut. Are you guys on Vinny's payroll?

Here's how I look at it. We needed a big infusion of young talent. TEN of the guys Cerrato picked made the final roster. Brooks was later cut, but still, NINE guys out of the draft made this otherwise veteran roster.

Some of these guys are contributing now, either on teams or in packages. And they're gaining practice experience to step in for the future.

So I think people are looking longer term, Ji. Let's see what happens with these 9 guys later this season, and next year. Then we can better evaluate how Vinny's 2008 draft went.

We drafted 2 WRs & a TE. :doh:

And instead of just talking out of your ass, maybe you should look up a few stats first.

Thomas has 8 catches for 63 yards.

Kelly has 1 catch for 6 yards.

And TE Fred DAVIS also has 1 catch for 6 yards.

As you can see, thay have contributed by catching a pass here & there & even being active for a game to make said catching contribution.

The saying 'Read more, post less' applies to you.

I have 400 posts...ive been reading more and posting less for years. Those stats you posted are ridiculous. Eddie Royal has more yards in the 2nd half tonight that those 3 have for the entire season

C'mon it was a pretty good draft. We got Fred Jackson, Malcom Jackson, Devin Jackson, Chad Jackson, Justin Jackson, Durant Jackson, Kareem Jackson, Colt Jackson, and Chris Jackson. Oh yeah, and in the 7th round, the defensive end. What's his name. Number 98. Rob something or other.

Didn't we get a Homey G Slice Jackson too? ;)

We were?...

(and we drafted 2 wrs, not 3...Fred Jackson is a TE)

I have 400 posts...ive been reading more and posting less for years. Those stats you posted are ridiculous. Eddie Royal has more yards in the 2nd half tonight that those 3 have for the entire season

I'm on you side, Ji!! I mean, hell, Rod Gardner was drafted one space ahead of Santana Moss. Did you SEE how much Gardner outperformed Moss in their rookie seasons?...

Rod Gardner - 46 receptions/741 yds/4 TDs

Santana Moss - 2 receptions/40 yds/0 TDs

It's beyond clear that our drafting Gardner instead of Moss was a fantastic draft choice!! :applause:...Because we could easily tell who would have the better and longer career after 9 games of their respective rookie seasons. These guys are all just homers on Vinny's payroll, you and I know it...

The reason for this thread is that Eddie Royal is having a big game, and you are freaking out because we could have drafted him.

I've seen the same thing in threads about Laveranues Coles, Walt Harris and other guys that nobody talks about any more.

If we did draft Eddie Royal, he'd be on the bench or 3rd string, and you'd be complaining about how we should have drafted a big WR.

I'm with you!! I think we should blast Vinny for Horton as well...yes, he's playing lights-out and all, but why the hell did Vinny wait until the 7th ROUND to pick up the guy? :doh:...Horton could have EASILY been picked up by the other 31 teams by then. A real GM would have realized Horton's value and drafted him in round 4 or 5...leave it to Vinny to blow off drafting Horton earlier and take that risk :mad:...

To the pitchforks, everyone!!!

Horton was a shot in the dark 7th round pick... Vinny used luck to get him.

Vinny used skill to get THomas, Davis, and Kelly...

My wife and I have a baby girl that just turned 1. Much to my dismay, she is not a doctor yet. I'm going to have to have a talk with my wife. Someone's gotta pay for our daughters shortcomings.

In other news. We need(ed) big WRs. Why would we need another 1-2 midget WRs?

:applause: Perfect analogy. I guess Vinny needs to send in his crystal ball for repair. :doh:

Archived