Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR - Devin Aromashodu

Thinking Skins

Because we have the luxury of not needing McMullen at this very moment. If we wait a few weeks until he's good to go,Seattle might try to re-sign him first. Or another team with WR injury problems.

I was pissed when Seattle signed him early in the season, because I was pretty sure that, if he had still beeen available, we would have sent Kelly to the IR already and used McMullen instead. Now we have a chance to rectify that mistake. If we sit around saying, "Well, Billy can't contribute for another few weeks, so let's just stick with our own receiver who can't contribute," we'll probably wind up in the same damn position in November.

IMO, if we're going to wait that long either receiver, we might as well just keep Kelly off IR for the season. To be totally honest, neither Kelly nor any other receiver we bring in to replace him is going to make any sort of contribution this season. We might as well just keep Kelly on the roster and let him keep practicing with the team. Just deactivate him for game day like we have been.

IMO, if we're going to wait that long either receiver, we might as well just keep Kelly off IR for the season. To be totally honest, neither Kelly nor any other receiver we bring in to replace him is going to make any sort of contribution this season. We might as well just keep Kelly on the roster and let him keep practicing with the team. Just deactivate him for game day like we have been.

I disagree. Judging by how he played in the preseason, I think Mcmullen would be able to contribute to some extent immediately. Obviously he would be behind everyone else in learning the offense, but just get him running some basic routes on the outside. He's a good 3rd down option for Campbell, and represents basically what we've been missing all season with Kelly out: a legit big receiver. He can go up and fight for the ball like no other WR on our team does right now. Sign Billy!

edit:disregard if indeed he is hurt

My reasons for wanting Aromashodu are

- he has NFL experience, so I don't expect the same rookie mistakes that Devin Thomas has been making.

- he apparently has decent speed and can get separation, so he could possibly come in and stretch the field at least.

- he's more likely to gain Campbell's confidence quickly since they have a history together.

- he's already on the practice squad so he's already been learning the offense, so he wouldn't be as far behind as a guy like McMullen.

can somebody post a video highlight package of any of these receivers in punt coverage, because that's all they would do for us if signed today.

based off mix' special team play last year, i would say pick him up but i really don't care how great their hands are or how explosive they are off the ball b/c they are not currently on an nfl team, and therefore, aren't as good as moss, randel el, thomas, thrash, cooley, or davis. that makes them at best a 7th receiver

I disagree. Judging by how he played in the preseason, I think Mcmullen would be able to contribute to some extent immediately. Obviously he would be behind everyone else in learning the offense, but just get him running some basic routes on the outside. He's a good 3rd down option for Campbell, and represents basically what we've been missing all season with Kelly out: a legit big receiver. He can go up and fight for the ball like no other WR on our team does right now. Sign Billy!

Why would you sign Billy? Are you guys reading the other post within this thread? Billy McMullen is hurt, that's why he was released from Seattle and will miss "SEVERAL WEEKS" for the last time guys! GEEEZZZZZ

RED06

- he has NFL experience, so I don't expect the same rookie mistakes that Devin Thomas has been making.

- he apparently has decent speed and can get separation, so he could possibly come in and stretch the field at least.

- he's more likely to gain Campbell's confidence quickly since they have a history together.

- he's already on the practice squad so he's already been learning the offense, so he wouldn't be as far behind as a guy like McMullen.

http://www.nfl.com/players/devinaromashodu/profile?id=ARO387604[/url]

Here's the clip of Aromashodu from last year playing with the Colts after only a week of learning the offense.

RED06

The problem is that as injury happens to players (and it will happen), depth will become an issue and you won't have the luxury of keeping around a guy who isn't going to play.

At the very least, you get in someone who can at least practice.

To be honest, tho, I don't think the decision will be made until the bye week. While I could possibly see someone being called up from the PS during the week, I doubt it will happen this week with no one in the WR corp currently hurting.

Jason

Disagree. Remember Keenan McCardell and Reche Caldwell last year? They came in and immediately made some big catches for us, because we still lack a solid option who can simply run the correct routes and be trusted to make a catch against a nickel back to move the chains. McMullen can do that. He can be this year's Caldwell - and that's a role I honestly believe we still need to fill.

Disagree. Remember Keenan McCardell and Reche Caldwell last year? They came in and immediately made some big catches for us, because we still lack a solid option who can simply run the correct routes and be trusted to make a catch against a nickel back to move the chains. McMullen can do that. He can be this year's Caldwell - and that's a role I honestly believe we still need to fill.

But right now we have Moss, Randle El, Thrash, and Thomas. So we're talking about our 5th receiver here. Can anyone remember a time where we had five receivers on the field and one of them wasn't Cooley? I'm just saying that neither Kelly nor anyone else we put in his place is going to see more than 10 plays this year. At least if we keep Kelly off IR he can continue to practice with the team. If we IR him, that's over with.

Agree with everything here. He should be the natural promotion if/when Kelly is IR'd. Like you said, he's been working within the offense all year.

But right now we have Moss, Randle El, Thrash, and Thomas. So we're talking about our 5th receiver here. Can anyone remember a time where we had five receivers on the field and one of them wasn't Cooley? I'm just saying that neither Kelly nor anyone else we put in his place is going to see more than 10 plays this year. At least if we keep Kelly off IR he can continue to practice with the team. If we IR him, that's over with.

That's no different than last year when we had Moss, Randle El, Thrash, and McCardell before we brought Caldwell in. Except McCardell had been more productive than Thomas.

Thomas isn't the Caldwell type. He's not here to be relied upon as a clutch third-down converter who will do all the little things right and not make any dumb mistakes. McMullen can be that guy.

Shows how much people read. I think Dexter Manley reads more than some people in here.:doh:

:doh:

Shows how much people read. I think Dexter Manley reads more than some people in here.

(You might want to read the rest of the thread. You know, the part about football beyond the next two games.)

:doh:

Shows how much people read. I think Dexter Manley reads more than some people in here.

(You might want to read the rest of the thread. You know, the part about football beyond the next two games.)

I've read the whole thread, including the part about football beyond the next 2 games. We either keep Kelly on the roster still injured or put him on IR and sign McMullen who is injured. Either way, we'll have an injured WR on the roster.

sorry, I just can't cosigh on this one....where's the respect for #72?

I respect #72, for what he did on the football field, not off it. It was more of a shot at posters who post blind.

:applause:

Looks like the best choice is right on our practice squad.

BTW- What makes everybody think that if they do put Kelly on the IR, they will bring up another reciever??

Archived