Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR - Devin Aromashodu

Thinking Skins

With the news of Malcolm Kelly's knee swelling up again, I've kinda accepted that he should just go on IR this year and get healthy instead of just occupying a roster spot if he's not even able to practice.

That being said, I want to officially launch my campaign to get somebody to replace him: Devin Aromashodu.

Here's his Sports Illustrated profile from 2006.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/2494.html

Devin Aromashodu Grade: 3.26

Position: WR

Class: Sr

School: Auburn

Conference: Southeastern

Ht., Wt.: 6-2.5, 201

40 Time: 4.38

Selected by: Miami Dolphins

Round 7, pick 25 (233 overall) Grading System

BIO: Two-year starter who totaled 26/494/4 as a senior after junior numbers of 24/513/4.

POSITIVES: Explosive receiver with an unpolished game. Quickly releases off the line, sharp running routes and gets separation from opponents. Comes back to the ball using his frame to protect the pass and adjusts to the errant throw. Possesses a burst of speed, playing faster than his 40 time and beating opponents in a foot race.

NEGATIVES: Constantly lets the pass get inside him and body catches. Lacks a sense of timing and anticipation. Rarely catches the ball cleanly and drops too many passes.

ANALYSIS: A solid athlete who can stretch the field, Aromashodu projects as a third receiver for a vertical offense. Needs to fine-tune his game and work harder to reach the level of expectation NFL scouts have for him.

Why hasn't he signed with a team yet? With that speed and size (somewhat close to Calvin Johnson), surely someone at least noticed him.

:wtf:

For a receiver, 6'2" and 200 lbs. is pretty good size. But NFL.com lists Calvin Johnson at 6'5" 239.

So Aromashodu is 3" shorter and almost 40 pounds lighter than Calvin Johnson.

Aromashodu played for the Colts last year. This was written during their training camp this year.

"Aromashodu saw extensive action last season, playing in five games, including the playoffs. He was signed November 14th and immediately thrust into playing in an offense that has allows the QB to audible at any time. Not a fun experience for Aromashodu, who struggled. It's tough to fault Aromashodu. Learning the Colts offense in less than a week and then immediately getting pressed into playing is not an easy thing"

I can't find why he was released. It was a battle between Devin and Roy Hall and Hall was considered better on special teams.

IF we put him on IR, it really doesn't matter who we pick up b/c that person is hardly going to see the field anyway. I'd rather pick up somebody who can contribute on special teams then somebody someone thinks is going to miraculously emerge as a star.

We could always hit up Anthony mix

this was written for you my fellow ES member

Heres to you Mr. Anthony Mix man-crush fan

Despite being passed over by numerous teams and not able to crack a 53 man roster, you insist that Mix will be really good, just because he is 6 foot 5 inches tall.

(He's really, really tall)

You wrote off the fact Mix had cracked ribs or was the size of a tight end playing wide receiver just because he went to Auburn with Jason Campbell.

(He's still really tall)

So crack open a bud light sir-Mix a lot. Your hopes and wishes of Mix playing for the Redskins will never come true.

(But he's really tall)

:cheers:

Archived