Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WR - Devin Aromashodu

Thinking Skins

Why not bring McMullen back in? I wouldn't mind that guy being the #5 WR
And considering our recent habit of picking up Seattle's cast-offs...this makes almost too much sense.

This was already posted:

Seattle released him because he suffered a compound fracture of his pinky finger last week, and would have been out of action for several weeks.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20081018/SPORTS/810189976/1004

Do you still want him, knowing he can't help for several weeks?

The name that occurs to me is Courtney Taylor. He was a young prospect with Seattle, but had a few bad games when they needed someone to step up with all their WR injuries, so he didn't stick with them, but a fresh start may help him.

That's too bad about McMullen. He'll never see a Pro Bowl except on TV, but he's a hard working WR like Thrash who can help a team here and there.

MIX MIX MIX MIX MIX

wasnt he good on special teams too?

MIX FTW

i think he is really really really tall too.

If the decision comes down to IR Malcom, which at this point wouldn't suprise me, I'd like to see us bring us Devin Aromashodu. Either way we are debating over who will be our 5th wideout and primarily a special teams player, but whatever. You never know what he could do for us.

However, still waiting for the official word on Malcom. I feel like this decision will come after this weekends game and in that case, if the swelling has gone done by sunday, throw him in there to play and see how it affects the knee.

NEGATIVES: Constantly lets the pass get inside him and body catches. Lacks a sense of timing and anticipation. Rarely catches the ball cleanly and drops too many passes.

That sums up why he shout NOT be on this team. That's everything a good West Coast receiver needs to do well. Not suck at.

Whoa, whoa, they did? Ship Kelly's ass to the IR and sign McMullen immediately. He was great as a move-the-chains type of guy in the preseason, and that's exactly what we need.

Did you not read after that? Obviously not. McMullen was released because he fractured his finger i believe? Thats a no go bud.

Whoa, whoa, they did? Ship Kelly's ass to the IR and sign McMullen immediately. He was great as a move-the-chains type of guy in the preseason, and that's exactly what we need.

:doh: Man, Hubbs... for the 4th or 5th time in this thread alone:

Seattle released him because he suffered a compound fracture of his pinky finger last week, and would have been out of action for several weeks.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20081018/SPORTS/810189976/1004

:doh: Man, Hubbs... for the 4th or 5th time in this thread alone:

Or... and this is clearly crazy talk to some of you... I might be looking past the bye week.

But, hell, if McMullen can't help us right effing now, what's the point, right?

Or... and this is clearly crazy talk to some of you... I might be looking past the bye week.

Yeah, that is the point. Why IR Kelly because he can't help us right now and bring in somebody...who can't help us right now.

The name that occurs to me is Courtney Taylor. He was a young prospect with Seattle, but had a few bad games when they needed someone to step up with all their WR injuries, so he didn't stick with them, but a fresh start may help him.

Is the goal to eventually try out all of Campbell's former receivers? To be honest, I don't know if I want a castoff from Seattle right now when they were desperate for help at that position.

Jason

Okay, I thought you may not have seen that McMullen was hurt. But still, if we can afford to wait until after the bye week, then we can afford to wait on Kelly until after the bye week.

Yeah, that is the point. Why IR Kelly because he can't help us right now and bring in somebody...who can't help us right now.

Because we have the luxury of not needing McMullen at this very moment. If we wait a few weeks until he's good to go,Seattle might try to re-sign him first. Or another team with WR injury problems.

I was pissed when Seattle signed him early in the season, because I was pretty sure that, if he had still beeen available, we would have sent Kelly to the IR already and used McMullen instead. Now we have a chance to rectify that mistake. If we sit around saying, "Well, Billy can't contribute for another few weeks, so let's just stick with our own receiver who can't contribute," we'll probably wind up in the same damn position in November.

Archived