Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Target: Albert Haynesworth?

method man

I honestly feel that right now we are an Albert Haynesworth away from having one of the best defenses ever. The guy is going to be an unrestricted free agent this year and the Titans have promised not to franchise him. I would be willing to offer him up to a $30 million signing bonus. The one problem with this team right now is the interior guys not getting any push whatsoever and that ends up hurting the ends in their pass rush. A guy like Haynesworth would make this team monumentally better.

He's a bit of a knucklehead. But if he can keep his act clean, I'd be all for Albert Haynesworth joining the rotation. That said, his price tag will be enormous. I don't know that I'd be all for that.

I'd be down, but we still got a lot of people on this team to sign/extend.

Granted, when has the cap cost us, all I'm afraid of is getting what we paid for for Haynesworth. I'm sure he'd do well here especially under Blache but I dunno if he'd be worth the > 9 mil a year he'd be looking for

I honestly feel that right now we are an Albert Haynesworth away from having one of the best defenses ever. The guy is going to be an unrestricted free agent this year and the Titans have promised not to franchise him. I would be willing to offer him up to a $30 million signing bonus. The one problem with this team right now is the interior guys not getting any push whatsoever and that ends up hurting the ends in their pass rush. A guy like Haynesworth would make this team monumentally better.

I completely agree with you 100%! I really like Griffin, but Griffin is getting older and it would be nice to put a stud down there!

We could also draft a STUD Defensive End too while we are at it!

I say we bring in either him or Nnamdi Asomugh

I love springs,but the injuries are becoming a huge issue with me. springs is one of the highest paid guys on the team and is constantly nicked.

awesome when healthy,but these injuries are becoming to much.

WASTE of money.... It is not a position of great need IMHO. We have a solid young core behind Griffin. I do not think breaking the bank to the tune of 9 million + on this guy is worth it. He has been a trouble maker on and off the field in TN.

Exactly... We ahve three starting DTs... Golston, Griffin, and Montgomery who are playing stellar.

We have other needs... like CB. Do we really want Leigh Torrence to be one-on-one again with the game on the line?

Maybe DE... Maybe OL...

Too much money.... we have a great rotation going right now why mess with it by bringing in a great player who is a locker room issue?

Unfortunately no we don't have a great rotation.. Our interior is bad. It's good against the run, but it's not great and they don't get pressure.

It would be awesome to have him but I can't see us affording him. We have to resign JC and I would like to resign Carlos Rogers as well. We probably will need to cut Griffin and Jason Taylor to even think about affording him.

Carlos and JC are both signed through next season. Taylor most likely won't be playing AFTER next season.

There is more than enough space to get a deal done for Haynesworth, if the Skins wanted to.

I, for one, certainly hope they do. Most of the pieces are in place now for a 4-5 year run.

As much as I would like to pick Albert we won't be able to afford him. Thinking long term we are going to have to pay Rogers and Campbell big money. If any of our second round picks pan out we will have to pay them. If Horton continues we are going to have to pay him.

Lastly, saving that money allows us to pick up or pursue quality guys.

How about we go and draft a great Dline player. I know Albert won't cost anything, but stop giving away first day draft picks.

NO MORE BIG FA SIGNINGS!!!!!

Come on man, just because the guy will be the biggest FA out there this year does not mean 1) He is actually any good in a non contract year and 2) we should sign him.

I think the ONLY thing holding this D back is the prevent defense. We play solid D for 3+ quarters, sometimes without much of a pass rush, then we expect or thin secondary to cover guys for an eternity while we only rush 3? The prevent D never made sense to me logically and add the weak secondary into the mix and I cant figure out why we still play it.

Someone needs to put a shock collar on Blatche & Zorn, anytime they call out a prevent defense they should get shocked until they just don't do it anymore.

Next year, get some secondary help(can't count on Springs to play) and we'll be alright.

BINGO' date=' this team needs some help on that D-line. I'm not sure but if its 8 or 9 total sacks this team has thru 7 games but that has to be the worst in the league.[/quote']

There is a stat for everything...What defense would you trade ours for ??

There is a stat for everything...What defense would you trade ours for ??

People keep talking about how we're getting no pressure b/c of how many sacks we don't have but if you're watching the games you can see we're making the QBs run, throw bad throws and just plain get rid of the ball (plus all of the tipped passes).

I wouldn't trade our defense for any other right now. We have the perfect mix of youth and veteran leadership and Blache has these guys fired up.

Archived