Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Target: Albert Haynesworth?

method man

A major problem with this team right now is that we do not get any pressure on the QB. Thank god that Derek Anderson couldn't hit the side of a barn yesterday or we would have been in trouble. We have what, 7 sacks on the entire year? DeMarcus Ware has 9 by himself for the cowgirls. I dont know if its the DE's to blame or the DT's or maybe both, but signing Haynesworth would be a great move. I dont think there is any way that the Titans let him go..especially considering the year that they are having. We need to get more pressure on the QBs or we are gonna be losing some games..the Corners can't cover forever.

People keep talking about how we're getting no pressure b/c of how many sacks we don't have but if you're watching the games you can see we're making the QBs run, throw bad throws and just plain get rid of the ball (plus all of the tipped passes).

I wouldn't trade our defense for any other right now. We have the perfect mix of youth and veteran leadership and Blache has these guys fired up.

We are getting coverage pressure which is all fine and dandy but it wont work long

I honestly feel that right now we are an Albert Haynesworth away from having one of the best defenses ever. The guy is going to be an unrestricted free agent this year and the Titans have promised not to franchise him. I would be willing to offer him up to a $30 million signing bonus. The one problem with this team right now is the interior guys not getting any push whatsoever and that ends up hurting the ends in their pass rush. A guy like Haynesworth would make this team monumentally better.

Pass!

I'd agree with picking this guy up. He screwed up once and it was a heat-of-the-moment type mistake. I don't think haynesworth is a trouble-maker. Right now the weakest part of our team (besides punter!) is dt. Our guys hold the point of attack but they don't get upfield. He's probably too expensive though.

We dont have room on the Cap for him. We already restructured several contracts to get some wiggle room this past year.

He will cost too much even if we could afford it.

We do need to draft either a DT or DE. These Qbs this year have all day to throw. This could come back and bite us in the hind parts.

Can we get pass the "stumping" incident? The man has relatively stayed out of trouble past few seasons. He was on a pregame show * I cant remember the channel) this past sunday. They asked him about the incident and Haynesworth said he basically goes out and plays hard to be the best DT in the league cause he doesnt want his kids to grow up and hear people talk about him as "that guy that stumped on a guys head" but instead hears about how good a football player he is... the man deserves a second chance in the public court of opinion...

that being said... we dont need superstars we need quality across the board... grabs guys who are still hungry and looking to make a name for themselves than players who are looking for a pay day.

With our lack of draft picks, it is going to be hard to pick up a real difference maker at DT this year. This is a position for which there are a lot more busts than real players. For all those saying we have young talent, Golston and Montgomery are backups who are fringe starters at best, nothing more. We need a true stud in the middle who can eat up blockers, which would allow our sack total to increase by leaps and bounds.

For all those calling him a thug, he is actually an intelligent guy who has his own businesses.

I honestly feel that right now we are an Albert Haynesworth away from having one of the best defenses ever. The guy is going to be an unrestricted free agent this year and the Titans have promised not to franchise him. I would be willing to offer him up to a $30 million signing bonus. The one problem with this team right now is the interior guys not getting any push whatsoever and that ends up hurting the ends in their pass rush. A guy like Haynesworth would make this team monumentally better.

I have to say that I agree. As much as I hate to see the Redskins squander money away on high profile guys, Haynesworth is a bonafide beast. Also, I didn't like what I heard recently from VC on his radio show, that we were going to target a cornerback in the first round of the 09 draft...We need a young bad-as% Defensive lineman. I think the only way picking up a corner in the first round of this years draft makes sense is if we get a Haynesworth in the FA Market.

The more I think about it...there is no way that the Titans let him go. They have money since they don't have any high priced players on offense except for V. Young. If I'm not mistaken, they are one of the teams with the most cap space.

They can probably just franchise him and then let him make a decision on a contract.

I have to say that I agree. As much as I hate to see the Redskins squander money away on high profile guys, Haynesworth is a bonafide beast. Also, I didn't like what I heard recently from VC on his radio show, that we were going to target a cornerback in the first round of the 09 draft...We need a young bad-as% Defensive lineman. I think the only way picking up a corner in the first round of this years draft makes sense is if we get a Haynesworth in the FA Market.

I'm fine with taking a corner in the 1st if we can sign Haynesworth. It is much easier to find a good corner in the late first than it is to find a good DT.

The more I think about it...there is no way that the Titans let him go. They have money since they don't have any high priced players on offense except for V. Young. If I'm not mistaken, they are one of the teams with the most cap space.

They can probably just franchise him and then let him make a decision on a contract.

They can't franchise him. They have promised Haynesworth that they won't franchise him again as long as he meets one of 4 incentives (one of them making the Pro Bowl). It makes sense for Tennessee to resign him, but they are a small-market team.

kind of having flashbacks of Dana Stubblefield and Dan Wilkinson right now, I don;t recall specifically how their tenures in the B&G finished out, but I don't think they quite lived up to their contracts, based on their performances.

I'd hate to waste a crap load of money on this guy, he seems to have character issues, and would he still have the hunger after signing a big fat contract? I'd think real long and hard about this one.

Springs may be old but if we can get a mid round draft pick from a stupid team that would take on his contract that would be great. Then we go get Asomugha, draft Selvie and draft a DT. ....whew im done.

Can't sign both Asomugha and Haynesworth. Too much money. We don't need Asomugha badly anyway considering we have Rogers. If we are hell-bent on getting a corner in FA, I'd much rather target Dunta Robinson, who will be a lot cheaper, because he is coming off injuries.

I like our Dline rotation, I dont know why people seem to fret about this so much. I do agree we could use some depth, but I dont think we need to go out and sign some bigname free agent. Spend a couple picks next year on o-line, d-line, focusing on the secondary with our first pick if thats the best avail player.

I say absolutely NOT. This is a guy who was mediocre his entire time until it came the last year of his contract, and then he decided to play like a beast. (much like he's doing this year) I should remind you guys of a player named Dana Stubblefield? Get a huge contract, and then become the lazy player again. I hope like hell we pass on him.

I think that you're getting Golston and Montgomery mixed up.

Golston's been money for about two years.

Montgomery is getting better.

Golston and Monty are runstuffers who put no pressure on the QB. They are good backups to have but they need to get a stud and Haynesworth is the perfect fit. I think cutting Griffin, Springs, Washington, and Daniels should clear up enough cap room.

SOLD!

Now, i'll let you decide how many we cut to make the cap space.....

Hail.

Archived