Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Target: Albert Haynesworth?

method man

I really don't think we need to go after, probably the most expensive player on the market next year. I think we need to keep going with the game plan so far. No splashy moves. Build thru the draft. I think this D has been playing really good. Yeah more sacks would be good. But I think we have more pressing needs. CB being the biggest.

Come on !!! Haven't we all had a cpl bad days !! :doh:

I totally agree with you ... NOT. i agree with Blue Collar Skins.

Fck Haynesworth, he's not worth the headache. A person like him would totally undo all the good and team chemistry Gibbs and Co. have done with the type of players we built this team with.

We can find someone just as good or better, without the character issues. Via draft or another FA who is not nearly expensive. Our defense seems to be playing pretty well, just look at Dallass if you need any more proof that CHEMISTRY is just as (if not more) important than having INDIVIDUAL success.

I totally agree with you ... NOT. i agree with Blue Collar Skins.

Fck Haynesworth, he's not worth the headache. A person like him would totally undo all the good and team chemistry Gibbs and Co. have done with the type of players we built this team with.

We can find someone just as good or better, without the character issues. Via draft or another FA who is not nearly expensive. Our defense seems to be playing pretty well, just look at Dallass if you need any more proof that CHEMISTRY is just as (if not more) important than having INDIVIDUAL success.

Haynesworth = DPOY

So you feel that it is likely we can find a DPOY DT in the draft with a late 1st? Riiiigggghhht.

yes he was a trouble maker early on, but since his foot stomp issues what has he done? I'll tell you. He has worked his way into being the most dominate DT in the game. Did anyone see he interview recently? He stated that after that incedent he realized he was setting the wrong example for his kids and does not want to be remembered for those infractions. He wants to be remembered for his play on the field. In the last two years he has earned that second chance in my opinion. I dont condone what he has done, but Im not going to not give him the chance to rehabilitate his character.

IMHO it shows more about your character to have gone through some stuff and make mistakes, but then be able to recover and rise above them. So far he has done that.

I think he just has a distaste for centers. Whether it is on the offensive line or staying in the center of his driving lane, there is just no love lost between him and centers.

I think this is nitpicking though. Two incidents are fights with teammates (guess how often that happens). Both fights happened when haynesworth was 22 or younger. That is a non-issue. The other is a traffic incident. Let's face it, how many young men don't have a traffic violation? I'd look at him weird if he DIDN'T have one.

The only really egregious event was kicking gurode. That was bad but one incident in 7 years doesn't suddenly make him pacman jones. Heck, if anything he's been squeaky clean ever since he did that and I'd love to see him line up across from gurode twice a year. Maybe he learned his lesson.

How is just listing his offenses that were publicized nitpicking? And only 1 happened when he was 22, the others happened when he was 25 just 2 years ago. So, he has become so much wiser in just 2 years? I am not saying we need a nice guy, just not a guy like Haynesworth. All the stars we have on the roster today...stand-up type guys who make you proud they play for our team. Haynesworth, not so much.
Haynesworth = DPOY

So you feel that it is likely we can find a DPOY DT in the draft with a late 1st? Riiiigggghhht.

So, when does sacrificing integrity only cost a DPOY title? The title means nothing. Im sure all the guys down in Dallas will win some sort of Pro-Bowl nods and such, but they are a bunch of individuals that do not know what a team is.

i would be surprised to see griffen back next year. he's a great guy but his production has gone down every year as his injuries have gone up. when he's healthy he's great. he was awesome the first year and most of the second but has not been the same since. he's a smallish tackle and he's been hurt and virtually nonexistant the last two years. he was a penetrater but not anymore. i also think springs and washington could be gone. and i wonder about jansen, he's got a big contract that may make it improbable that he gets cut but maybe they can or do. this next off season is going to be important for this team and it's future aspirations for playoffs and superbowls.stay tuned.but for now enjoy the season that wasn't supposed to be.on haynesworth, sign him i alsway wanted big dt that let our lb seek and destroy.

If we did sign him, I'd think we'd release or trade Griffin for cap space and we'd be getting younger at the position.

Haynesworth/Golston/Montgomery/Alexander would be a great rotation. I'd be all for keeping Griffin if he'd be willing to take a major paycut, assuming his cap space is still what it was before.

How is just listing his offenses that were publicized nitpicking? And only 1 happened when he was 22, the others happened when he was 25 just 2 years ago. So, he has become so much wiser in just 2 years? I am not saying we need a nice guy, just not a guy like Haynesworth. All the stars we have on the roster today...stand-up type guys who make you proud they play for our team. Haynesworth, not so much.

So, when does sacrificing integrity only cost a DPOY title? The title means nothing. Im sure all the guys down in Dallas will win some sort of Pro-Bowl nods and such, but they are a bunch of individuals that do not know what a team is.

What you just said makes no sense. The title means something. It is recognition that he is the best defensive player in the league. Considering that Tennessee is a small-market team, it is a testament to Haynesworth' play that he is the current frontrunner for the title. Haynesworth knows what a team is...there is a reason that his team is 6-0 right now.

I agree with he's a great player and I'd love to have him, but we can't afford him crowd. As mentioned by another poster, I'd like to extend Rogers and Campbell this offseason.

unfortunately ur right.... he's a stud we've never had at DT but he's too expensive

:dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck:dallasuck:dallasuck

If we were to go after Asomugha, someone would have to go and i think Springs would be an obvious choice. Rogers is finally becoming what we drafted him for, and smoot is a decent nickel.

What we would do is try to trade Springs to a team desperate for a corner. Get Asomugha, and draft a corner in an early round.

Depends on if stomping a downed player in the face is your idea of "high character."

There was no excuse for that bull****.

The fact that the downed player was a cowgirl not only makes it permisable, but highly commendable.

If we were to go after Asomugha, someone would have to go and i think Springs would be an obvious choice. Rogers is finally becoming what we drafted him for, and smoot is a decent nickel.

What we would do is try to trade Springs to a team desperate for a corner. Get Asomugha, and draft a corner in an early round.

If we want another Corner, we should just send Portis to Denver for Champ Bailey and a 2nd.

Oh, wait......

I say we get rid of MW and get suggs...man Rocky, Suggs, Fletch next year would be awsome. The dude just turned 26.

Suggs would be a misfit here - you've got to get the right players to match your scheme, and Suggs is not a fit.

Karlos Dansby on the other hand.

Archived