Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conservatives Disowning Conservatives

Burgold

Over the last week, in a series of thread I've noticed an interesting tendency for Conservatives to disown their own. To claim that this person was not a Conservative, not one of them, and this after years of defending them and in fact saying disagreeing with them was tentamount to treason.

Conservatives this week have said that the following were not Conservatives:

President George W. Bush is not a Conservative

Rush Limbaugh is not a Conservative

Bill O'Reilly is not a Conservative

Ann Coulter is not a Conservative

George Will is a blowhard who has lost his way.

Conservatives in Congress are not/were not real Conservatives

These are just the ones I remember. I'm sure I've missed a few. Please add to the list...

So, I have two questions.

Who is a real conservative?

Do you really mean it or this just distancing yourself from unpopular people?

Over the last week, in a series of thread I've noticed an interesting tendency for Conservatives to disown their own. To claim that this person was not a Conservative, not one of them, and this after years of defending them and in fact saying disagreeing with them was tentamount to treason.

These are just the ones I remember. I'm sure I've missed a few. Please add to the list...

I've noticed this as well. I'm assuming a "real" conservative to those who've "disowned" the individuals mentioned above would champion Goldwateresque values, though I can't say that I know the conservative players well enough to give examples. Some clarity would be appreciated.

Funny edit, Asbury.

Yeah, there was a post where will something somewhat complimentary about Obama and Conservative ESers said that Will was an overly vain glory hog who wasn't a real conservative and lost his way. I'm not sure if I could find the specific post though.

It's not conservatives disowning conservatives. It's republicans doing what they always do, they are everything they consider good and everyone that disagrees is not.

Republicans are great patriots, they tell themselves. Thus everyone that opposes republicans hates america.

Republicans are conservatives, they tell themselves. Thus everyone that hurts republicans in any way is a liberal.

And on and on. If you listen to the republican talking heads you realize that when they say "america" they mean "republicans".

I haven't heard anybody saying Limbaugh, OReilly, and Coulter weren't conservatives. I've noted a bunch of respected Conservatives endorsing Obama over McCain in the last two weeks.

• George Will,
  • Kathleen Parker,
  • David Brooks
  • Chriss Buckley
  • Wayne Gilchrest ® rep from Maryland)..

.....It's republicans doing what they always do, they are everything they consider good and everyone that disagrees is not.......
Obama’s camp is pre-emptively accusing the Clinton campaign of using Hillary’s gender as an incentive to females to vote for her.

“It’s totally unfair of Senator Clinton to exploit her gender. It put Obama at a disadvantage in South Carolina due to his penis. That is why he lost next week.”, David Axelrod said in advance of Clinton’s victory. When it was pointed out that the Democratic South Carolina primary hasn’t occured yet, Mr. Axelrod responded, “Exactly. This is why we are wasting no time in filing our complaint with the South Carolina Democratic party in advance. This kind of political scheming on the part of Senator Clinton can not stand.”

http://riverdaughter.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/hillary-cheats-in-sc-by-using-her-gender-obama-camp-claims/

Unfair?....exploit?....complaints?......political scheming?

Oh the Humanity.......

And to think its just a bunch of LIBERALS talking about other LIBERALS

You would think its Destinos imagined "Conservatives" again

Over the last week, in a series of thread I've ....

Mr. Over the Top Political Poster

Today we salute you Mr.. Over the Top Political Poster

(Mr. Over the Top Political Poster)

Without your daily assessment of US politics everyone of us would be clueless about what is going on

(No one is reading what you post)

With your trigger finger on the mouse you hit that quote button with cat like reflexes

(You're getting carpel tunnel)

So cut and paste editorials that conform to your views as you try to persuade everyone that they are jeffreymonkeys and you are never wrong

(Snip snip snip)

So crack open an ice cold beer, oh review and comment on the news person, because The Tailgate may be about anything, if by anything you mean politics.

:D

Unfair?....exploit?....complaints?......political scheming?

Oh the Humanity.......

And to think its just a bunch of LIBERALS talking about other LIBERALS

You would think its Destinos imagined "Conservatives" again

Completely unrelated to anything I wrote? No actual response so just find a headline that looks bad?

Let me ask you: Are liberals patriots? When you think of real americans are you thinking of liberals as well?

Feel free to answer directly instead of finding a random headline.

Bill Kristol Jr is the best. The guy has never been right about ANYTHING -- truly just living off his father's name -- and now he is bashing McCain for the Palin pick, even though HE WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD MCCAIN TO PICK HER.

When did Kristol bash the pick? He loves or loved Palin. Please provide a link.

It's funny how the GOP elite left the only true conservative that ran for president out of their convention. I guess they didn't want Ron Paul raining on their big government parade.

Who else is really left on the national stage? It seems like all we have left are neo-con war monger populists that just go with the party flow.

Mr. Over the Top Political Poster

Today we salute you Mr.. Over the Top Political Poster

Without your daily assessment of US politics everyone of us would be clueless about what is going on

(No one is reading what you post)

With your trigger finger on the mouse you hit that quote button with cat like reflexes

(You're getting carpel tunnel)

So cut and paste editorials that conform to your views as you try to persuade everyone that they are jeffreymonkeys and you are never wrong

(Snip snip snip)

So crack open an ice cold beer, oh review and comment on the news person, because The Tailgate may be about anything, if by anything you mean politics.

:D

:laugh:

Don't confuse Republican with Conservative.

George W Bush was a right leaning moderate. for example.

Actually George H. W. Bush was a left leaning moderate before teaming up with Reagan, and then became a right leaning centrist. George W Bush, isn't a centrist, or a moderate and certainly isn't left leaning.

Actually George H. W. Bush was a left leaning moderate before teaming up with Reagan, and then became a right leaning centrist. George W Bush, isn't a centrist, or a moderate and certainly isn't left leaning.
GWB is a special kind of political philosophy. moron. he incorporates the worst of all philosophies

Archived