Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Conservatives Disowning Conservatives

Burgold

Hockey,

That was funny :cheers:

Looks like some conservatives are now taking aim at Powell and disowning him as well. More than one poster has said that Powell was not a real conservative today and MSF said that he needed to be excommunicated or shot.

Don't confuse Republican with Conservative.

George W Bush was a right leaning moderate. for example.

Also remember that Republicans didn't really see things come their way during Clinton's years until some Democrats actually switched parties.

I'd put Bush as more of an Authoritarian than a moderate.

God knows what conservatism stands for anymore

I know this, for the last 8 years the conservative movement has stood for unlimited warfare, hatred of the "other",anti-intellectualism, security over liberty ( despite the fact that we have lost both), a unchecked unlimited executive branch, and big government.

Hockey,

That was funny :cheers:

Looks like some conservatives are now taking aim at Powell and disowning him as well. More than one poster has said that Powell was not a real conservative today and MSF said that he needed to be excommunicated or shot.

you're not seriously gonna use MSF as evidence, are you?

you're not seriously gonna use MSF as evidence, are you?

No, not seriously... but there have been others. His example just sticks out in my memory. Rush's disowning in itself is kind of a better example (although, I'm not totally sure that he is a poster on this board)

Mr. Over the Top Political Poster

Today we salute you Mr.. Over the Top Political Poster

(Mr. Over the Top Political Poster)

Without your daily assessment of US politics everyone of us would be clueless about what is going on

(No one is reading what you post)

With your trigger finger on the mouse you hit that quote button with cat like reflexes

(You're getting carpel tunnel)

So cut and paste editorials that conform to your views as you try to persuade everyone that they are jeffreymonkeys and you are never wrong

(Snip snip snip)

So crack open an ice cold beer, oh review and comment on the news person, because The Tailgate may be about anything, if by anything you mean politics.

(Mr. Over the Top Political Poster)

:D

I thought this was going to be about IHOP :silly:

Another one of those "Dear Diary" threads from Burgold... You just can't contain yourself. You have to make a thread about whatever liberal thought you are thinking at that very moment.

Another example of Attila talking gentility to Genghis. :D

I note how many times you objected to sarge, TrumanB, or IHOP doing the same thing in the past ;)

Now when I have given Burgie **** for it (which I have), it counts. :laugh:

Another example of Attila talking gentility to Genghis. :D

I note how many times you objected to sarge, TrumanB, or IHOP doing the same thing in the past ;)

Now when I have given Burgie **** for it (which I have), it counts. :laugh:

Besides, I didn't resurrect this thread... can a thread be resurrected after two days?

Obama’s camp is pre-emptively accusing the Clinton campaign of using Hillary’s gender as an incentive to females to vote for her.

“It’s totally unfair of Senator Clinton to exploit her gender. It put Obama at a disadvantage in South Carolina due to his penis. That is why he lost next week.”, David Axelrod said in advance of Clinton’s victory. When it was pointed out that the Democratic South Carolina primary hasn’t occured yet, Mr. Axelrod responded, “Exactly. This is why we are wasting no time in filing our complaint with the South Carolina Democratic party in advance. This kind of political scheming on the part of Senator Clinton can not stand.”

http://riverdaughter.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/hillary-cheats-in-sc-by-using-her-gender-obama-camp-claims/

Unfair?....exploit?....complaints?......political scheming?

Oh the Humanity.......

And to think its just a bunch of LIBERALS talking about other LIBERALS

You would think its Destinos imagined "Conservatives" again

Huh?

Sorry, but I just did not get your post, especially this (dubious) article from earlier this year.

Perhaps because conservative comes in more flavors it is subject to more controversy as to membership?

Paleo cons

Fiscal cons

Social cons

Neo cons

Defense cons

Each claim the mantle of conservative,yet have different criteria and fight for control.

MSF is certainly a conservative of some sort;),Powell less so.

George Will is another type altogether.

The ability to get the different groups to vote together is a rare one,and it never lasts.

Liberalism is pretty heterogenius too. Although, I generally accept someone who is liberal in a different way from me as being a liberal... except for the really stupid ones, of course.

But liberals are more accepting of differences by nature,conservatives by nature are not.

There is great disdain between fiscal and social ones for example,or Paleo and Neo cons.

Of course liberals in control for long tends to get us to cooperate...for a while

Being a Republican does not make one a conservative.

That's right. In order to reach the mythic status of 'conservative', one must be bred into it. From the tender age of 4 years old, a 'conservative' child must be able recite every talking point about why a large government is bad. For the next 7 years, that child endures daily testing regarding the evils of progressive taxation and the blessings of a flat tax. Soon thereafter, that child, now a preteen, is provided with a bible and asked to create numerous scholarly pieces (the equivalent of 6 doctoral theses) regarding the sins of being 'the gay' and prematurely ejecting a life form from a woman's body. At age 16, the teen is provided with a junior NRA membership, an assault rifle, and a field full of Karl Marx impersonators (consisting of those that were deemed not worthy of the 'conservative' moniker at birth). When said teen claims to be a man, he is asked to travel to the mythic hills of Dravidia and slay the evil Rothenbard dragon. Should the teen be a budding woman, she is asked to bake an apple pie the size of Kansas and top it off with cream-cheese icing resembling the American flag. Then, and only then, may that individual consider him- or her- self a 'conservative'.

But liberals are more accepting of differences by nature,conservatives by nature are not.

There is great disdain between fiscal and social ones for example,or Paleo and Neo cons.

Of course liberals in control for long tends to get us to cooperate...for a while

Interesting. Conservatives always seemed to be a very orderly group from the "outside" Mind you, in reality my sphere contains many conservatives, even a professional talking head conservative, but I never really looked at them as a loosely cobbled contentious lot. They do a great job of disguising it or projecting the anger outwards anyway.

I just like giving Burgold a little trouble for it. I think Sarge, IHOP and Truman seem to quote a lot of sources (questionable or not)... Burgold is predominantly original content, without sources, and reminds me a lot of a "dear diary". This doesn't mean it's bad... I just like teasing, I guess. :)

I don't like starting threads... I just wait for others to start them, then I make fun of them. ;)

I didn't take offense to that. I'd say I you're about 60% right. I start threads in response to something I see, think, or hear and want clarification, want to understand, or want to have fun with an idea. I like to test ideas using the internet.

I will say almost all of my question threads are honest threads. Even this one was an honest observation based on a week's worth of events.

Besides redskin2000 has certainly stolen the mantle of most prolific thread starter?

Interesting. Conservatives always seemed to be a very orderly group from the "outside" Mind you, in reality my sphere contains many conservatives, even a professional talking head conservative, but I never really looked at them as a loosely cobbled contentious lot. They do a great job of disguising it or projecting the anger outwards anyway.

We only seem orderly in our dislike for libs and their programs, ya'll are good for something;)

Look back at when W's support started to really fall apart, it was the nomination of Miers and the spending excesses.

Miers split the social cons and Paleo's, the spending and gov expansion offended the fiscal...the defense and Neo's were basically wore down over time.

Im an atheist, no death penalty, but concealed carry to protect free speech conservative... that voted dems in 2006 due to Republican idiocy :) not all flavors are the same.

The only thing GWB was conservative on was his belief in himself being right. He spent more than Paris H. on crack.

Rush Limbaugh isn't conservative, he talks for 4 hours a day for a living and has to fill it up.

Ann Coulter is a bomb thrower

Colin Powell is a Rhino and a damn good one.

I welcome them all.

Archived