Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Rock Song of All Time

skinsfan07

According to something I heard the other day, going on most bought, requested, downloaded and played, the #1 Rock-N-Roll song is "The Twist" by Chubby Checker.

Me, it could be anybody between That's Alright Mama- Elvis, Sultans of Swing- Dire Straights or How Lot Of Rosie- AC/DC.

Hey Joe would be my pick. Yes it's a bit bluesy, but Stairway doesn't exactly "ROCK" either.

House of the Rising Sun

Born to be Wild.....the list could go on. Some songs have been covered by almost everyone.

It's such a matter of preference too.

Personally I can't stand Stairway to Heaven. Some of it could be because I don't care for Zeppelin that much abd the other is because I remember when that song was "popular" and got over played like American Pie, Born to be wild etc etc.

While "Free Bird" is probably Skynyrd's biggest triumph..."Stairway" is NOT Zeppelin's. It's a beautiful song that the masses can digest, but they have songs like "In My Time of Dying", "Achilles' Last Stand" and "The Lemon Song" that blow it away, IMO.

Anyway, I will have to go with Stairway. 100 years from now, when the dust settles, "Stairway to Heaven" will be the song written in bold in music history books.

wow. :doh:

The thread is best ROCK song of all time. Not metal.

Disturbed is cool but I wouldn't consider them rock.

huh?

so that should get rid of stairway to heaven because it has strings in it.

that should get rid of my AC/DC because it has cannons. metal can be rock but rock cant be metal.

Archived