Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else nervous about this game?

SIXX99

very nervous, traditionally this team has been horrible in trap games... trying to believe this is a new era and philosophy... will actually be really impressed if this team can keep up this intensity.. just win.. this feeling of winning by 20 is BS... just win... all great teams just win... they have their close games against teams with bad records but they just win...

I dont know about anyone else but all this week I have been on pins and needles about this game. I was more confident going into Dallas and Philly than this one against the Rams. I am just in so much fear that they are going to lose this one. The Rams are coming off a bye week, they have a new head coach, and Al Saunders is coming back to FedEx. Am I just being paranoid or is anybody else freaking out about this game?

Trust me, as much as Id like to see an upset, the Rams ARE the worst team in the NFL. Skins by at least 2 scores.

I am NOT worried about the SKINS coming out flat.

I am concerned the Rams will be playing above their heads......coming off a bye .......and with something to prove for their new coach.

Strange things can happen.

Yes, the rams are winless. Yes, it is our house.

Yes, we should have a win.

Thankfully, it is only the fans who are looking past them.

No.

What you are feeling is Norvitis.

The known cure for Norvitis is Zornicilin.

With two back to back victories on the road at Dallas and at Philly, Zornicilin has successfully done it's job in killing the Norvitis plague.

This should remind the rest of you to get your booster shots now.

:silly:

I am taking Zornax for my Redskins depression, and it is working wonders.

I dont know about anyone else but all this week I have been on pins and needles about this game. I was more confident going into Dallas and Philly than this one against the Rams. I am just in so much fear that they are going to lose this one. The Rams are coming off a bye week, they have a new head coach, and Al Saunders is coming back to FedEx. Am I just being paranoid or is anybody else freaking out about this game?

Yeah I'm a little nervous for the Skins. The Rams have had 2 weeks to prep for this game. IMO the Rams have talented team and have been underperforming. Now that a coaching change has been made they'll likely come out fired up; traditionally teams play well the first game after a coaching change. And we have played 2 tough in division rivalry games and seemed primed for a let down. We don't have a 'quick strike' type of offense, so the Rams might still be in the game long enough to think they can win. I'm hoping we get an early turnover or an early ST touchdown. We need something that gets the Rams thinking..'Uh-oh here we go again'. We got to take the fight out of them early and put them out of their misery.

:2cents:

I'm really nervous. I'm actually more nervous about today's game than last week's game, because last week I would have been totally okay with coming out flat and losing. But this week? Just have this feeling the Rams are going to come out fired up coming off a bye and a new head coach. I actually felt better heading into Dallas...

No.

What you are feeling is Norvitis.

The known cure for Norvitis is Zornicilin.

This gets my quote of the day. I actually used something similar in the game day thread, but I think I called it redskinitis - the disease of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I did not come up with the cure, though. Let's hope the cure is not short lived. :)

Yeah I'm a little nervous for the Skins. The Rams have had 2 weeks to prep for this game. IMO the Rams have talented team and have been underperforming. Now that a coaching change has been made they'll likely come out fired up; traditionally teams play well the first game after a coaching change. And we have played 2 tough in division rivalry games and seemed primed for a let down. We don't have a 'quick strike' type of offense, so the Rams might still be in the game long enough to think they can win. I'm hoping we get an early turnover or an early ST touchdown. We need something that gets the Rams thinking..'Uh-oh here we go again'. We got to take the fight out of them early and put them out of their misery.

:2cents:

How about winning the coin toss. That might just do it for the Lams!

I'm a little worried about coming out flat this week. But after the way we came from behind 14 points at Philly, I still think we would be okay.

^^^^If that man in your sig has anything to do with it we'll be fine!! lol

I admit I'd loathe dropping a game this week to the Rams... As said on the radio..it's not a must win..but it's a can't lose lol

The nervous feeling isn't about the Redskins playing the Rams ... it's about our new position ... one we fans havent seen as a long time. Even if our playoff years no one game us a chance to win ... we reeled off games at the end and didn't enjoy the feeling of being a good team all year long. Now, we are starting off hot ... by week five we are considered a premier team in the NFL ... for the first time in forever we are expected to demolish our next three opponents ... this is something we don't know how to handle. Im wary of this game tomorrow but I know as soon as play begins ... I will feel fine ...

Oh COME ON guys. It's the RAMS! Yes, we should never underestimate an opponent, but there's no reason we shouldn't be feeling confident about this. Some people are saying they're more scared than going into Dallas or going into Philly? That's bull****! Maybe the Rams make it a closer game than expected, but we're going to win. We're one of the best teams in the NFL, and they are one of the worst. There's no reason we shouldn't expect to win this game.

I really liked Blondie's post. It captured all my concerns. But I'm positive about our chances.

I think this is a chance for the Skins to show that under Zorn, they won't be taking any opponent for granted, and will approach each game like a professional playoff-caliber team. My vote is that this Sunday on FedEx field the Skins players and coaches will accomplish with a solid but modest victory.

The "X" factor is the Rams. I see a volatile situation there -- with a new coach, a bye week, and a lot of Ram players who suspect they may now be on the bubble. This team could come out very "hyped" or they may give up and mail it in for the rest of the season. A lot depends on how well they like Haslett. I sense they'll come out hyped.

Bottom Line: This is a potentially dangerous "trap" game that the Skins are aready aware of. A great test of the Redskins' team character.

Prediction: We win, but not by a large margin. The Skins get to show under Zorn that they can rise above the trap, and win. Some in the media are impressed by the intensity of the Haslett-led Rams in this game. Others -- including those Skins-hating mediots -- babble on about how this narrow victory proves the Skins aren't really a Super-bowl caliber team.

Archived