Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any of ya'll shave your heads?

Slateman

Guys . . .or girls

I shave my head. Partly out of convenience (hey, no more barbers) and partly out of necessity (receding hair line at 26 . . . yea)

First off, ladies, just tell me its sexy :silly:

But seriously, for those of you that also shave your heads, do ya'll put any aftershave or lotion on the dome afterwords?

I started shaving my head in the 10th grade. It is so much easier than getting haircuts and spending all that money.

I use a razor to shave it, and I used to put lotion on my head after shaving back in the day, but the ol noggin has toughened up over the years so I don't need it now. :)

Remember though....sunblock in the summer! A burn on the dome really sucks.

EDIT: Btw....not going bald...I just make a shaved head look damn good!

I'll shave my head about 3 times a year when I either get sick of putting gel in it or in the summer when it gets really hot.

Never go totally bald, use a #2 on an electric razor. Haven't done it in a while, my brother took the guards with him to Calgary and I cant find ones that will fit my razor. The razor company is no longer in business so Im SOL.

My hairline has been running away from me for a few years now. I started cutting it really close (clippers only-no guards) myself a few months ago with decent results. Then, I got tired of having to clean up all the hair and decided to just shave it with my razor. Surprisingly, it doesn't really look any different than when I use the clippers and, there's no hair to clean up off the floor or counter/sink. I usually have to shave it about twice a week and it stays pretty much the way I like it.

As for aftershave and such, I don't use any fancy aftershave or gels or anything. I just wipe the dome down with rubbing alcohol, which I've found tends to prevent irritation afterwards.

I have been shaving my head since 2002 (once I graduated HS). It saves me so much money (not needing a barber and what not) and it makes getting ready for whatever occasion that much quicker (so about 3 seconds lol).

I have tried the whole shaving cream and razor bit but, I didn't like the results. I swore hair was growing back within seconds of shaving :wtf: . Now I just use an electric razor without a guard.

It gets mixed results with women. Most like it but, there are some who just like running their fingers through a dudes hair. So far it seems like the majority rules. :whoknows:

Yeah right.

Hairline is a word that hasn't been pointed in my direction for some time now. :silly: So I'm pretty much there myself. Put the razor at number 2 these days and that's almost shaving it. Won't be much longer I don't think,(unintentional pun).

my hair started thinning freshman year of college (17 years old). if i don't shave it now, i get the horseshoe look (a lot of hair on the sides, minimal hair on the top). i am now 21 and loving the bald look. so much easier to take care of (and ladies love any reason to rub my head). i use a gillette mach 3 razor and some aftershave lotion. 10 minutes and i'm done.

LoL.

I have been shaving my head before it was hip ;) 1992, God figured I should share my perfect head with the world at an early age.:rolleyes:

Grandad always told me "God only made so many perfect heads, the rest he covered with hair" :rolleyes:

Gillette Fusion, every morning in the shower (cept when I am lazy/hungover). Smooth as mister clean.

No shaving cream, unless the day or so after said lazy/hungover morning(s) :cheers:

Only put anything on afterwards if we are going out, or I have a little razor burn after letting it grow out a good bit.

My wife shaves me head for me, usually just with clippers and no guard, i dont do totally bald cause i dont want to have to shave it every couple of days to keep it close. I also have her put the #1 on the clippers sometimes. Before we moved into together i was paying $8 for my haircuts, now they are free! Too expensive these days, $12+

Yeah... my hair has been starting to run away from my face quite quickly as of late, and I am thinking about shavin my noggin too...

Hopefully I have the head for it...

If I do shave my head, I may have to do something funky with my hair first, like die it burgundy and gold

I shave my head. When I was little I always had a buzz cut. Then I decided to grow my hair out in high school. Senior year I realized that I was starting to bald...:erk:... so I shaved my head. Ever since, I have been shaving my head. I just hate having to trim up my neck, ha.

21 and balding = no fun

i too shave my head (#2) whenever i feel the hair is annoying me or i actually have to comb it after i take showers........last hair cut i got, i told her to keep the length in the back and cut the sideburns close to the ear.........next thing i know ....i'm walking out the door $25 less in the wallet and a full on MULLET on board!!!11 (this was 5 years ago)

got made fun of by Bugs' then shaved it off two hours later.....havent been back to the hair cutter since

I have been shaving my head since '97 at the first sign of mother nature taking over. The funny thing is I started having more luck with the ladies (sorry if that sounds arrogant) so I stuck with it. I have no problem growing hair. Just ask my inner ears, outer ears and my arsehole.:D

As far as what I use? I use the Quick Shave razor to start and a Mach 3 to fine tune. I use Nivea after shave balm for a soooooothing finish.

Oh yeah, for those of you that say you shave your head even though you have a full head of hair. Suuuuuuure you do.:D

BTW. Here is a link to the Quickshave razor.http://www.quickshave.com/

Archived