Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well guess who has swelling in their knee...

Saqs

Guest isjoining
Wow... hindsight is 20/20. I know we'll all think we should've just put him on PUP, but we felt like he'd be able to contribute.

wouldn't be possible to put him on PUP as he didn't come to training camp injured. It would have been either active or IR.

I think the next three weeks, against weak pass defense opponents, Kelly can rest up for a week or two, get DT out there and just throw him some balls when we're up by a lot and see how he fairs.

After Kelly gets his knee put back together, we'll see how he fairs too.

I hope Kelly works out for us in the long run.

Right now though, it is just killing me that we passed on Jordy Nelson and Limas Sweed to grab Kelly whose best route this year has been "12 swell-n-long pine ride".

Here to hopin'

Peace. HTTR!!!

I'm pretty sure Jordy Nelson was already off the board before we had either the Davis or Kelly pick...

I think maybe we should take a serious look at putting him on IR.

This seems like one of those injuries that continues to nag, and is never really going to get better until he just gets off of it and lets it heal. Or has the surgery he needs. I don't know- but keeping him on the roster is sort of questionable at this point.

Not sure who we could sign to replace him. I think McMullen is still with Seattle.

DeSean Jackson is only 5'-10'. he would not have fit in our offense.

ha ha ha. Im going to denote your sarcasm. I like the WCO experts in here. We need to draft a tall receiver. It would appear that we infact dont. We are ranked #6 without a tall threat.

With that being said: A tall threat would be a nice addition. Could take some of the pounding off ARE and Santana over the middle.

Is Mix on the PUP list? Thomas is starting to show his talent, and Davis could be used more in the future. Zorn likes to keep them guessing.

Nelson went the pick right after Devin Thomas to GB.

So there really was no chance for us to get Jodry Nelson.

As for Malcolm, I think he will come along, we are doing great with out him.

Devin only has like 3-5 catch on the season, So i doubt Malcolm would get much even if he is healthy.

Robert Meachum last year for the Saints injured himself in the preseason, and didn't play a snap. This season? Projected stats: 1088 yards, 10 TDs.

Patience is a virtue, people.

Exactly, so it is not a bad idea to shut him down like the Saints did with Meacham last year. Let him learn, not only the offense, but how to be a professional football player, and come into camp next year with a chip on his shoulder. Im not saying to put him on IR but there are very very valid arguments for it in this case.

ha ha ha. Im going to denote your sarcasm. I like the WCO experts in here. We need to draft a tall receiver. It would appear that we infact dont. We are ranked #6 without a tall threat.

Actually, I was not being sarcastic. The FO at the time of the draft stated that one of the things they were looking for during the draft was a tall, possesion type reciever. D.Jackson did not fit that criteria.

M. Kelly did. The Skins sent our training staff, Vinny and Snyder, and even JC went to a private work out with Kelly. The medical staff for the Sooners stated that his knees were fine. Our medical staff agreed.

Yes its good to be ranked #6 with out the so called tall reciever, but how many drives in the red zone have been stallled and we settled for field goals ???? That is the area that we primarly need that tall posession type reciever.

I imagine that its got to be quite frustrating for Kelly. He would like nothing more then to get on the field and show everybody what he can do.

Actually, I was not being sarcastic. The FO at the time of the draft stated that one of the things they were looking for during the draft was a tall, possesion type reciever. D.Jackson did not fit that criteria.

M. Kelly did. The Skins sent our training staff, Vinny and Snyder, and even JC went to a private work out with Kelly. The medical staff for the Sooners stated that his knees were fine. Our medical staff agreed.

Yes its good to be ranked #6 with out the so called tall reciever, but how many drives in the red zone have been stallled and we settled for field goals ???? That is the area that we primarly need that tall posession type reciever.

I imagine that its got to be quite frustrating for Kelly. He would like nothing more then to get on the field and show everybody what he can do.

Honestly, this is probably a case of him getting on the practice field too soon after having his knee scoped.

Kelly will probably be fine with his knees in the long term but he needs to stop trying to come back too soon and let them heal in the short term.

Robert Meachum last year for the Saints injured himself in the preseason, and didn't play a snap. This season? Projected stats: 1088 yards, 10 TDs.

Patience is a virtue, people.

Bah, you beat me to it. First thing that popped in my head when I started reading this thread. Give him at least 2 years to start developing before you write him off.

This seems like one of those injuries that continues to nag, and is never really going to get better until he just gets off of it and lets it heal. Or has the surgery he needs. I don't know- but keeping him on the roster is sort of questionable at this point.

Not sure who we could sign to replace him. I think McMullen is still with Seattle.

I agree. This is my one significant gripe about the team's decision-making this season. McMullen should have been kept around at least until Kelly proved he was healthy and able to contribute.

I was dumbfounded when we let McMullen go, but I thought maybe the team knows something I don't about Kelly's availability. Now, I just think we botched the move.

At this point, I'd probably shut Kelly down for the year and just hope he comes back healthy next year. Might as well bring in a Reche Caldwell-type guy who can start getting worked into the picture, or promote someone from the practice squad.

We're dangerously thin at WR as long as we keep a gimpy Kelly on the roster.

Question is, what benefit would that have for the team? Is there a position where we are desperately thin at where putting him on IR would really benefit the team, or would he sit on the inactive list for most of the time anyways? Better to have Kelly on the roster for as long as possible. I think one of the downsides with putting a player on IR is that they can't practice with the team, which would hurt his development.

If it weren't for the injuries we had, Kelly probably would have been inactive for this game as well. Ultimately, it was Zorn's choice to put him in the game.

Jason

Archived