Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well guess who has swelling in their knee...

Saqs

link?

What is with people today? The Skins are 4-1 and are looking great. We just beat 2 tough ass division opponnents in a row in their homes, yet some people just want to **** all over the players instead. Are life's frustrations really this bad for some of you that you need to come on to the board as a way to vent? These are actual people you all are talking about, and they've done a lot more to help this team than you all ever will. Criticize them when they actually merit it, not when they are injured. That's petty and sad.

OMG He's the worst draft pick ever, He'll never see the field, can we have our pick back, we should've took a DE, .....that's about all of the stuff we'll hear in this thread.

I don't know about Kelly being "the worst draft pick ever" but considering it was known that he had a degenerative knee condition, perhaps we should have selected someone else.

I've already started to consider this his "redshirt" year. Let him sit out and get healthy and learn the offense. Moss and Randle El are playing great. Thomas is making strides despite the very correctable rookie mistakes. Thrash is certainly passable as a fourth WR. It's not killing us that Kelly is missing time.

Wow... hindsight is 20/20. I know we'll all think we should've just put him on PUP, but we felt like he'd be able to contribute.

Well, he did give us a big third down conversion at least. We need to just wrap his entire body in bubble wrap and lock him in a room for a month with game tape.

Shocker. If only there were some indications that he had knee problems before he was drafted...

Exactly. Devin Thomas hasn't been huge by any means...but most of us knew he would need time to develop (great 3rd down catch yesterday by DT BTW). But Kelly? I didn't understand the pick on draft day and I still don't.

Maybe it's time to shut down the Malcolm Kelly Experiment for the season. Put him on IR, and bring in someone who can help the team this year.

Agreed. I hate to IR a guy who may be able to play this year because of the chance of injuries to other WRs forcing him into action, but I think we have to shut him down. From what everyone says he could be a great receiver someday, you don't want to ruin him by practicing him when he's hurt just to have him on the sidelines every Sunday. Shut him down and let him heal.

Archived