Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Well guess who has swelling in their knee...

Saqs

Hindsight? I called this bum out before the draft, back when he was whinning about not running his 40 on grass, or field turf or whatever his crappy excuse was.

Waste of a pick when D line and CB needed depth. I was not too upset with the Thomas pick, but when Kelly came up on the board I stopped watching the draft. Right then and there I knew the Skins made a huge mistake. Even if he knee gets better, he still needs to work on his attitude and stop blaming other people/things for his problems. Grow up and be a man before you try to play in the NFL.

Kelly has a lot of talent and upside. It's way too early to determine he's a bum. Your rant is very premature.

You guys do understand that by placing him on the IR he can no longer practice with the team. Its illegal. The reason he is so far behind is because he hasn't practiced enough, placing him on the IR would be the worst thing to do. So, before you go on whining, think about who were talking about. Our #5 receiver. Would it be nice if he had contributed by this point, sure. Has it affected our offense in any way? No. He has a slightly swollen knee....get over it.

You guys do understand that by placing him on the IR he can no longer practice with the team. Its illegal. The reason he is so far behind is because he hasn't practiced enough, placing him on the IR would be the worst thing to do. So, before you go on whining, think about who were talking about. Our #5 receiver. Would it be nice if he had contributed by this point, sure. Has it affected our offense in any way? No. He has a slightly swollen knee....get over it.

Altho I agree placing him on IR would be a bit much right now...but i can't buy into your argument of him not being placed on IR so he can still practice with the team...no way because people get hurt every week in the NFL and he would eb taking a spot from someone else who could be "practicing with the team" and actually play on sundays as well ^ ^ I think its a bit fast to place him on IR but if he keeps missing games then I'd say yea..IR him :dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

Altho I agree placing him on IR would be a bit much right now...but i can't buy into your argument of him not being placed on IR so he can still practice with the team...no way because people get hurt every week in the NFL and he would eb taking a spot from someone else who could be "practicing with the team" and actually play on sundays as well ^ ^ I think its a bit fast to place him on IR but if he keeps missing games then I'd say yea..IR him :dallasuck:eaglesuck:gaintsuck

he did actually play on sunday, and he will play again this sunday.

he needs as much practice time as he can get. half of you are talking about him like hes a starter. He's the 5th receiver. people want him to produce, but he isn't going to move up the depth chart until he gets more practice in the offense. IR'ing him is not the way to go. A swollen knee does not qualify as "hurt" or "injured". This week it may cause him to be limited in one practice, but i guarantee you he plays this weekend.

The Fred Davis pick seems mind boggling also considering he gets absolutelty no burn behind Cooley & Yoder. Malcolm Kelly can play but if he's never healthy it won't matter.

IMO the Fred Davis is a good pick for several reasons.

1) He was arguably the best player available and was considered one of if not the best TEs in the draft

2) Chris Cooley is a pro-bowl TE and a key cog in the offense Fred Davis can learn how to be a pro-bowl TE by playing behind him AND IF Cooley were to get banged up the offense wouldn't take that huge of a drop off with the combo of Yoder and Davis

3) IF there are injuries to the WRs he could become an integral part of the receiving game

:2cents:

he did actually play on sunday, and he will play again this sunday.

he needs as much practice time as he can get. half of you are talking about him like hes a starter. He's the 5th receiver. people want him to produce, but he isn't going to move up the depth chart until he gets more practice in the offense. IR'ing him is not the way to go. A swollen knee does not qualify as "hurt" or "injured". This week it may cause him to be limited in one practice, but i guarantee you he plays this weekend.

Oh I see your point and I agree with you for now..he shouldn't be IR'd BUT he has missed most of the games already and if he continues to miss I would rather him be put on the IR...if what you say happens and he gets only one day of practice goes out and plays 5 plays sunday and gets swollen up again and can only practice one or no days again and that trend happens the next 3 weeks or so then IMO that would be taking the spot of a potentially healthy player who can practice and contribute on gameday..Kelly is young and he will learn so if he does end up on IR he will have the entire season to get healthy and the entire offseason to learn and "practice" ......but I still would give him a several more weeks before even considering it

1) He was arguably the best player available and was considered one of if not the best TEs in the draft

2) Chris Cooley is a pro-bowl TE and a key cog in the offense Fred Davis can learn how to be a pro-bowl TE by playing behind him AND IF Cooley were to get banged up the offense wouldn't take that huge of a drop off with the combo of Yoder and Davis

3) IF there are injuries to the WRs he could become an integral part of the receiving game

I kinda think he was an iffy pick as well...we had more pressing needs at other positions when we drafted him..

How was Davis the best available over DeSean Jackson? Jackson was the best offensive player in the Pac 10.

Oh I see your point and I agree with you for now..he shouldn't be IR'd BUT he has missed most of the games already and if he continues to miss I would rather him be put on the IR...if what you say happens and he gets only one day of practice goes out and plays 5 plays sunday and gets swollen up again and can only practice one or no days again and that trend happens the next 3 weeks or so then IMO that would be taking the spot of a potentially healthy player who can practice and contribute on gameday..Kelly is young and he will learn so if he does end up on IR he will have the entire season to get healthy and the entire offseason to learn and "practice" ......but I still would give him a several more weeks before even considering it

I wasn't saying he will only be able to practice one day during the week. I meant that he might be limited only one day, and be able to practice fully the rest of the week. Sorry that wasn't clear. i think we are overreacting to this news, and i can understand why, but everyone just calm down.

lets not forget that our very own Santana moss only played 5 games his rookie year and had 2 catches. I believe He was hurt the beginning of the year and they were patient and got him on the field. ever since then he has played at least 14 games every year. Same can be said about Robert Meachems success this year.

Patience. we don't need him right now, but you never know what he could do for us later in the year. For that to be a possibility he must practice

I wasn't saying he will only be able to practice one day during the week. I meant that he might be limited only one day, and be able to practice fully the rest of the week. Sorry that wasn't clear. i think we are overreacting to this news, and i can understand why, but everyone just calm down.

lets not forget that our very own Santana moss only played 5 games his rookie year and had 2 catches. I believe He was hurt the beginning of the year and they were patient and got him on the field. ever since then he has played at least 14 games every year. Same can be said about Robert Meachems success this year.

Patience. we don't need him right now, but you never know what he could do for us later in the year. For that to be a possibility he must practice

I know what you meant...and I agree give him every chance before considering IR...hopefully he can get healthy ...but just for the record Moss didn't have the same knee condition Kelly has

I know what you meant...and I agree give him every chance before considering IR...hopefully he can get healthy ...but just for the record Moss didn't have the same knee condition Kelly has

im just saying that being injured as a rookie doesn't mean you are a bust.

Actually, MK did have a catch across the middle in the Arizona game for a first down. It was his only recorded catch...unfortunately, he was hit hard and resprained his ankle. Zorn took him out for the rest of the game

we know he had a catch. he didn't resprain his ankle. he sprained it for the first time and came back into the game sparingly after that.

How was Davis the best available over DeSean Jackson? Jackson was the best offensive player in the Pac 10.
Yep. That blows all the BPA arguments out of the water. I was thinking he would make a good punt returner, but I didn't want another tiny WR either. So I figured we could move one of the other rookies into punt returns. Hasn't worked out that way. Even if you somehow like the PR job ARE has been doing (really?), I don't like having a starting WR in that role. Too risky IMO.

Kelly has missed camp and nearly 1/3 of the season so far. It looks like he still has problems, and maybe should just get off that knee and let it heal if he wants any shot at an NFL career. He can recondition it after the swelling is gone. Forcing a return too early for whatever reason could cause even more serious injury. At some point soon, he either plays or gets IR'ed.

Robert Meachum last year for the Saints injured himself in the preseason, and didn't play a snap. This season? Projected stats: 1088 yards, 10 TDs.

Patience is a virtue, people.

Exactly, thatz why we need to put him on IR. Shut the Malcolm Kelly project down. No need to keep trying to bring him back every other week.........

:doh: When will you ****ing learn we did not need another Santana Moss. We were looking at taller pass catchers. In that category, Fred Davis was among the top rated available.

Also I want a receiver who makes sure he gets the ball across the goal Line.

And i dont want to hear the "well we should have got Limas Sweed instead of Kelly." Correct me if i am wrong, but Sweed has some injury problems of him own, and hasnt done jack **** for the Steelers neither has mendenhall except fumble almost everytime he touches the ball, and BTW he is out for the season. I bet he is considered a bust and fragile among steelers fans...:doh:

CHILL OUT PEOPLE, he will play against the rams, count on it.

IF Cooley were to get banged up the offense wouldn't take that huge of a drop off with the combo of Yoder and Davis

Okay, but why worry about the "ifs" when there are positions that don't need an "if," like DT?

When will you ****ing learn we did not need another Santana Moss.

But we needed another TE?

Okay, but why worry about the "ifs" when there are positions that don't need an "if," like DT?

But we needed another TE?

show me the rookie defensive lineman or offensive lineman that were available at that spot, and show me what they are doing. not a damn thing. some refuse to realize that talent along the lines at that point in the draft did not warrant a 2nd round pick.

Archived