Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still not scoring enough points

TheItalianStallion

umm when you score more than 20 and the other team scores less than 20, that is Gibbs philosophy of winning in his first tenure and it seemed to work pretty well. Let's remember that we were going against one of the best defenses in the NFL this week. They hadn't given up a touchdown all year til we got there. So to get 23 in Philly is a great achievement. Like someone said earlier in the post, it is a start. Look at how we had leads and never scored enough. Now we fall behind, but we come back and score more than 20 and hold that team to under 20. I think that we are playing great and that of course there is always room for improvement, but let's not look down at this. If you had told me that we were 4-1 in the first five weeks, I would have called you a total homer. I am so glad that we went in there and showed great poise. It is really refreshing to see that we can go on the road and compete and win.

I'm ECSTATIC that we're 4-1, but we've once again put up a fairly mediocre number of points despite lots of yards. We had over 450 yards of offense against NO, yet we had less than 30 points to show for it. The Arizona game wasn't a huge offensive game for us, so 24 points is acceptable there. But each of the past 2 weeks we've had nearly 400 yards of offense, yet we've gotten 26 and 23 points in each of them. We outgained the Eagles by over 130 yards, yet we beat them by less than a TD.

With the weak schedule that we have over the next few weeks, we have an opportunity to fix that. I'll be happy with wins, but I would really like to see us put up a boatload of points over the next few weeks.

(taken straight from NFL.com)

TOUCHDOWN = 6 POINTS

A touchdown is the biggest single score in a football game. It is worth six points, and it allows the scoring team an opportunity to attempt to get an extra point. To score a touchdown, the ball must be carried across the goal line into the end zone, caught in the end zone, or a fumble recovered in the end zone, or an untouched kickoff recovered in the end zone by the kicking team.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball

We beat the Eagles by 6 points in other words a touchdown.

I'm ECSTATIC that we're 4-1, but we've once again put up a fairly mediocre number of points despite lots of yards. We had over 450 yards of offense against NO, yet we had less than 30 points to show for it. The Arizona game wasn't a huge offensive game for us, so 24 points is acceptable there. But each of the past 2 weeks we've had nearly 400 yards of offense, yet we've gotten 26 and 23 points in each of them. We outgained the Eagles by over 130 yards, yet we beat them by less than a TD.

With the weak schedule that we have over the next few weeks, we have an opportunity to fix that. I'll be happy with wins, but I would really like to see us put up a boatload of points over the next few weeks.

Give it time. This offense is still learning to play together under Zorn's scheme.

Yeah but this is the fourth straight week this team has dominated the fourth, ran the clock down and gotten a victory.

I could care less how much they score or not. This is the most effecient Skins offense I have ever seen. When we need a drive of any sorts, we get it. Even better, the 2nd half, where it matters the most is where we dominate.

The crazy thing is were just getting started. Wait till our rookies start producing.

Some people aren't happy when we are losing, and unbeliveably, some aren't happy when we are WINNING.

They are WINNING. Against GOOD teams. It's difficult to blow out good teams by 20+ points and our schedule has been extremely difficult since Game #1. The next three games we should score pretty well.

Be happy for the Skins - they deserve it!!!

Uhhh...who the hell isn't happy?

(taken straight from NFL.com)

TOUCHDOWN = 6 POINTS

A touchdown is the biggest single score in a football game. It is worth six points, and it allows the scoring team an opportunity to attempt to get an extra point. To score a touchdown, the ball must be carried across the goal line into the end zone, caught in the end zone, or a fumble recovered in the end zone, or an untouched kickoff recovered in the end zone by the kicking team.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/beginnersguidetofootball

We beat the Eagles by 6 points in other words a touchdown.

When people sat "TD," they usually mean 7 points.

• 1 month later...
The issue is that promising drives have stalled and we've either had to settle for FGs or punt after picking up several first downs. I'm not worried yet, but if we don't put up more points against the upcoming (weak) opponents, then we may have a problem.

Now we're barely scoring 7-8 points a game.

Archived