Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still not scoring enough points

TheItalianStallion

I'm ECSTATIC that we're 4-1, but we've once again put up a fairly mediocre number of points despite lots of yards. We had over 450 yards of offense against NO, yet we had less than 30 points to show for it. The Arizona game wasn't a huge offensive game for us, so 24 points is acceptable there. But each of the past 2 weeks we've had nearly 400 yards of offense, yet we've gotten 26 and 23 points in each of them. We outgained the Eagles by over 130 yards, yet we beat them by less than a TD.

With the weak schedule that we have over the next few weeks, we have an opportunity to fix that. I'll be happy with wins, but I would really like to see us put up a boatload of points over the next few weeks.

EDIT: Okay, a lot of the people who have replied in this thread have completely misunderstood my point. ALL I'M SAYING is that we're continuing to leave points on the field. Oh and please take note of the first 5 words of this post. Thanks.

We've scored -

The second most points against the Saints this season.

The second most points against the Cardinals this season.

The second most points against the Cowboys this season.

The second most points against the Eagles this season.

It could also be the schedule.

wow.. close this thread. People just dont know much about football.

I don't think you need to know much to see that we got 3 field goals instead of TDs. EDIT: To be fair, one field goal was really impressive at the end of the first half.

The offense seems to bog down inside the 10. But to me looks like a combination of poor execution and strong timely defense by our opponents.

Against Dallas we had the fade pass to the back corner of the endzone caught, but that pass was late and led the reciever out.

We just need to work out the kinks and score earlier from farther out before the field shortens.

Well, they took away the Devin Thomas TD against AZ

The Portis TD run against dallass

And now the Randle EL TD cuz he wasnt touched and they called him down.

Besides, its not like we are playing easy teams

30 points will come this week against STL

Archived