Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still not scoring enough points

TheItalianStallion

:rolleyes:

Ok...whatever. I'm apparently the only one who sees it that way, right?

BTW, you obviously haven't been here very long, so I'll help you out a little. We tend to "celebrate" here after a win. I know it's not a "celebration" board, but us REDSKINS fans like to "celebrate" when we do well. And by doing well, I mean, winning, not just scoring outrageous amounts of points. Complaining after a win will always attract negative responses...just so ya know. It is, however, more acceptable on the Eagles boards. Maybe you should try posting this thread over there. :2cents:

:eaglesuck

Don't talk down to me. I've been here for a year, and I've been reading for several years. If you want to celebrate, that's fine, but celebration and substantive discussion don't have to be mutually exclusive on this board. If you'd rather celebrate than engage in a discussion of a potential concern (ie-NOT a "complaint"), then do so in another thread.

As I said before, it's not the offense's ability to move the ball that I'm concerned about. It's the face that, despite moving the ball as well as they have, they don't have a whole lot of points to show for it. I was very happy that they were able to move the ball as well as they have against these tough opponents. But despite doing so, they didn't put up a whole lot of points. i do feel that we'll get better at finishing drives as the year goes on, but until we do, it'll remain a concern of mine.

I'm still not seeing it. Again, against every team except the Giants our scores have been high relative to our opponents. It was noted during the game today that the Eagles hadn't given up a TD at home all season long before today. We scored two. That's GOOD, not a point of concern, in my opinon.

When asked of Abraham Lincoln; "How long should a mans legs be? He replied; "Long enough to reach from his body to the floor".

When asked "How many points should be scored in a game? the answer should be "enough for the win".

Pretty wins with many points margin and ugly wins with a 1 point margin are the same in the end.

Still go in the win column.

This was a good game.

The offense was moving. JC is coming into his own game.

I'm still not seeing it. Again, against every team except the Giants our scores have been high relative to our opponents. It was noted during the game today that the Eagles hadn't given up a TD at home all season long before today. We scored two. That's GOOD, not a point of concern, in my opinon.
Fair enough. But if we continue to settle for FGs and have promising drives stall over the coming weeks (which are against weak opponents), then I'm sure you'll agree that this is a concern.

Fair enough. But if we continue to settle for FGs and have promising drives stall over the coming weeks (which are against weak opponents), then I'm sure you'll agree that this is a concern.

Sure. But I don't think that's going to happen. Not based on what I've seen so far.

Lets be real here for a minute, we've held the ball long enough to keep our D off the field. That will equal less points. We're not having 15 possessions a game, we're having 10 or less. Which means we're holding onto the ball and pounding away at the D.

Look at the SB winning teams over the years...

Last year: Giants-with huge running game and good D. Held the ball, not blew away the competition (like the Pats did).

Year before: Colts-didn't win the big one until they learned how to play D and run the ball effectively. Manning didn't win it when he threw 49 tds, he won it when they learned how to hold onto the ball longer than their opponents.

3 years ago: Steelers-pounded the ball and won with TOP battle and great D.

I hope you see a trend here before anyone gets worried. The winners of the SB have lead the turnover battle, TOP battle, played great D, and had a helluva running game.

So what.

Did you really expect 30+ points put up on Dallas or Philadelphia? Well, it should have been 33pts in Dallas, but referees make holding calls there that don't exist.

It doesn't matter how many points Washington scores. They've beaten the two best teams in the NFL, the ones that said they were going to the Super Bowl and the ones that were picked to go to the Super Bowl.

They've got the Rams next week. You'll be satisfied.

Lets be real here for a minute, we've held the ball long enough to keep our D off the field. That will equal less points. We're not having 15 possessions a game, we're having 10 or less. Which means we're holding onto the ball and pounding away at the D.

Look at the SB winning teams over the years...

Last year: Giants-with huge running game and good D. Held the ball, not blew away the competition (like the Pats did).

Year before: Colts-didn't win the big one until they learned how to play D and run the ball effectively. Manning didn't win it when he threw 49 tds, he won it when they learned how to hold onto the ball longer than their opponents.

3 years ago: Steelers-pounded the ball and won with TOP battle and great D.

I hope you see a trend here before anyone gets worried. The winners of the SB have lead the turnover battle, TOP battle, played great D, and had a helluva running game.

The issue is that promising drives have stalled and we've either had to settle for FGs or punt after picking up several first downs. I'm not worried yet, but if we don't put up more points against the upcoming (weak) opponents, then we may have a problem.

Don't talk down to me. I've been here for a year, and I've been reading for several years. If you want to celebrate, that's fine, but celebration and substantive discussion don't have to be mutually exclusive on this board. If you'd rather celebrate than engage in a discussion of a potential concern (ie-NOT a "complaint"), then do so in another thread.

Well, my feeling is, if you are going to complain after a win & if you have the right to start a new thread doing so, I have the same right to respond & tell you how silly it is to be complaining after a win, especially under the circumstances. If you want every post to agree with your OP, then try another site or try not complaining after a win.

REGARDLESS of how YOU see it, it appears as though you started a thread complaining about semantics. "Yeah, we won, buuuuut..." kinda thing. I could be wrong, but I don't think I'm alone here.

It would be nice FOR ONCE to come in here after a win & NOT see someone saying something like, "Waaaaa! We're still not scoring ENOUGH!" Enough? When we score MORE then the other team, that's enough. But some people seemingly can't help themselves & always have to see the negative side of everything. Even a win...or 4.

I'm ECSTATIC that we're 4-1, but we've once again put up a fairly mediocre number of points despite lots of yards. blah, blah..

New offense, banged up defense, we outplay Philly at Philly to get a win and all you can post-up is that we're not scoring enough points.

Get a grip, you sound like the whiners during Gibbs1 when the team didn't win "pretty".

Yeah, we left points on the field but we played the game for four quarters.

Don't expect the Skins to be a juggernaut in every game they win.

Zorn was a scrapper when he played and it looks like he’s not changed as a coach, the team is following suit.

We are a team that is still in learning mode... and, as a consequence we haven't mastered all the offensive plays that are in the play book.

Once we get the O-line comfortable with the blocks/checks, and Jason continues to improve on his reads we will need less help in proctecting him, and thus opening up the offense - 2 TE formations with 3 WRs, or 4 WR sets.

Devin, Malcom, and Fred will get involved in the near future to make the offense that much more potent.

The ONLY thing we need to work on is our PR/KR game. ARE is just cutting it there. His side stepping and dancing around is fooling anyone.

Some people aren't happy when we are losing, and unbeliveably, some aren't happy when we are WINNING.

They are WINNING. Against GOOD teams. It's difficult to blow out good teams by 20+ points and our schedule has been extremely difficult since Game #1. The next three games we should score pretty well.

Be happy for the Skins - they deserve it!!!

Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but we were playing one of the top defenses in the NFL. I'm shocked they got 23 to be honest with you. :D All the teams we've played have had good defenses (or improved D's ...aka..Cardinals) with the exception of New Orleans.

Archived