Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're still not scoring enough points

TheItalianStallion

Wow, just wow. We've just won four in a row with back to back wins on the road within the division and people are finding something to ***** about. Unfriggin' believable.

I don't think it's ****ing, it's more like seeing potential. We can get better as the season goes along, and people should expect that. How is that wrong?

Points scored is often the last measure of how well a team knows and can execute the offense. As the season progresses, and especially against the milktoast defenses of our next 3 opponents, the points will come.

I don't think he's criticizing the team for getting 21+ points a game, but rather just seeing that we could have gotten more.

why is everyone pissed about this thread? its a valid argument in some ways.... we seem to dominate the teans we play, but dont have that many points to show for it. obviously not a big deal as we are winning these games...but i dont see why it cant be borught up as a problem and something to fix

I don't think he's criticizing the team for getting 21+ points a game, but rather just seeing that we could have gotten more.

Which goes to what I just posted. Execution of the offense to a greater degree will result in more than 21+ per game.

As everything else this season, as long as we play well, things will come in time.

I do understand the original post, but we have played many of the NFL's elite defenses so far this season. We haven't had one game against a defensively challenged team. Yes, I would like to see more touchdowns when we are in the red zone. Does anybody know those stats. How many times we have been in the red zone this season, and only come away with a field goal or no points?

I'm ECSTATIC that we're 4-1, but we've once again put up a fairly mediocre number of points despite lots of yards. We had over 450 yards of offense against NO, yet we had less than 30 points to show for it. The Arizona game wasn't a huge offensive game for us, so 24 points is acceptable there. But each of the past 2 weeks we've had nearly 400 yards of offense, yet we've gotten 26 and 23 points in each of them. We outgained the Eagles by over 130 yards, yet we beat them by less than a TD.

With the weak schedule that we have over the next few weeks, we have an opportunity to fix that. I'll be happy with wins, but I would really like to see us put up a boatload of points over the next few weeks.

Are you serious? :doh: Boatload of wins is all I care about. I could care less about whether we score 3 or 50 points, as long as we have more points than our opponents.

Jeez, gimme a break. :rolleyes:

why is everyone pissed about this thread? its a valid argument in some ways.... we seem to dominate the teans we play, but dont have that many points to show for it. obviously not a big deal as we are winning these games...but i dont see why it cant be borught up as a problem and something to fix
Exactly. The negative responders here also seem to have overlooked the fact that I said that I was "ecstatic about being 4-1."

Archived